eight

Lipstick Chateau

'Wow you must be really clever' JongIn said when I told him about my scolarship. I blushed bright red.
'I'm not that clever really?' I mumbled.
'You don't give yourself enough credit HyunAe. You're sepcial, don't let anyone put you down'
'I'm trying not to' I said
'Who's the guy I've seen hanging around? He's not from our school is he?'
I shook my head 'that's my friend KangDae. I've known him since I was a child'
JongIn smiled 'that's sweet' he said
'I guess so'
'Does he have feelings for you?'
'I-' I paused 'I don't know'
'That means he does' he replied 'do you feel the same?'
I shook my head 'He's just a friend. he's the first one that hasn't judged me by where I come from, just liked me for me. that's hard to find these days'
'I agree' said JongIn 'but now you have me too' he winked and I blushed again.

'Are you nervous?' he asked when we were stood outside his front door. Which was huge!
'Kinda, yeah' I admitted and he took my hand
'You'll be fine' he said and kissed my cheek before knocking on the door
His mom answered the door pretty quickly.
She was a pretty, petite lady in her early fourties with eyes so dark they looked almost black, she smiled broadly when she saw us.
'So this is the young lady you've told me so much about' she said and gave me a hug 'you're a pretty girl'
'T-thank you so much' I said a little taken aback by the sudden compliment
'What businesses do your family have HyunAe?' she asked me when we were sat down.
'Uhm, well actually, they don't have any, I got in on a scolarship when I was in middle school' I replied twiddling my thumbs.
'Oh, I see...you must be very bright' she said.
'I try my best Ma'am' I said and she smiled again.
'Well that's all anyone can ask of you' she replied 'I for one am just happy that my son has found someone that has made him so happy. It's a pleasure to have met you HyunAe'
I smiled 'likewise' I said as she hugged us goodbye.
'See that wasn't so bad' said JongIn when we were out of earshot
'I guess not' I said feeling proud that I had passed the hurdle with his mom.
It made the issues I had with his friends seem small and stupid, I felt silly for letting them get to me.
JongIn was the only thing that mattered to me right now
Nothing was going to get in our way now
I'd make sure of it.