five

Lipstick Chateau

I passed JongIn in the halls the next day and eventhough he was with his friends I thought I'd try talking to him anyways.
'Annyeong JongIn' I waved and he just frowned and turned away.
Strange, why wouldn't he say anything to me? Just then I heard him and his friends laughing.
'She's such a loser' one said 'why does she even bother?'
'I have no idea' another said 'she's weird just because JongIn felt sorry for her'
JongIn's turn to laugh 'I know right, she's so pathetic' and then they walked away talking amoung themselves with girls swooning at their feet as they went.
I just didn't understand it. WHy had he acted like he didn't even know me? Not only that but he had been so mean about it too.
I was so confused and upset that I couldn't concerntrate for the rest of the day.

At the end of the day KangDae came to walk me home and he picked up on my change of mood.
'What's up Hyunie? you've changed your tone since this morning'
'It's nothing' I replied.
'It isn't nothing if it's bothering you' he said 'tell me'
'I thought I was getting somewhere with someone at school but it turns out it was all a waste of time, they don't want to know me'
'I'm sorry to hear that' he said 'but hey, it's their loss'
'thank you for trying to help, but it's not working'
He tilted his head 'why do you care so much? do you like this person?'
I nodded slowly and he hugged me.
'Don't let that idiot get to you, you're worth so much more than any of those people'
'You really think so?'
'I mean it, I mean every word' he said
And then he did something completely unexpected.
He kissed me.

I was taken completely by surprise and had no idea how to react.
But I didn't do anything to stop it either.
I had no clue that KangDae had any sort of feelings like this and it made me wonder how long he had been keeping them a secret.
It was him that broke the kiss first and stared at me for a moment.
'I'm sorry, I just thought that if I didn't do it now then I wouldn't get another chance to'
I swallowed 'It's alright' i murmered 'I quite like it actually'
He smiled and then his face fell
'But it's not me you want though is it?'
'KangDae I'm sorry, I really am'
'It's okay, I'm a big boy after all' he winked 'come on, let's get you home eh?'
I felt awful, worse than I had been already.
What had I done to deserve this?