eleven

Lipstick Chateau

I spent the rest of the time at the hospital, there was no way I was going back to that place until JongIn was better.
When I was there at the end of the week, a specialist came to do his rounds.
'How is he?' I asked
'Are you a relative?'
'I'm his girlfriend. my name is Kim HyunAe' I held up my plastered arm 'I was with him when he crashed'
'I see' said the Doctor 'well from what I can see there is no lasting damage' I breathed  a sigh of relief 'he is lucky to be alive though' he added. I didn't even want to think about what could have happened if JongIn had died, but he wouldn't give up, he was a fighter.
'So is he going to be okay?' I asked
'He should make a full recovery' was the reply as he pulled some of the needles from JongIn's arms 'he might feel a bit disorientated for a while' he added.
I nodded and the Doctor le' he didn't buy itft the room.

JongIn slowly opened his eyes around ten minutes later.
'Where am I?' he asked, his voice little more than a whisper.
'You're in the hospital' I said, you were in a car accident, you got badly hurt but you're going to be okay'
'Is anyone else hurt?' he asked worried.
'Shhhh' I soothed trying to hide my injured arm' everything's okay sweetie' he didn't buy it.
'Oh my God HyunAe, I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you, I'm so ing stupid'
'Hey hey, it's okay, everything's alright' I kissed him 'You worry about yourself, okay, nothing else' he nodded
Just then a man who I assumed was his father walked into the room. He stopped when he saw me.

'So, you're the floozy that almost got my son killed' he asked angrily, he'd obviously spoken to HeeYoung.
'Dad, it wasn't her fault'
'Stay out of this JongIn' his father barked.
'That's so typical of your sort' I said
'I beg your pardon?'
'Drunks, deadbeats, call them what you want, you're all the same, blame everyone else for your misgivings. It's pathetic. I hope JongIn never wants to see you again to be quite honest'
I heard the slap before I felt it.
Red hot pain burst my cheek and spread across my whole face.
He had done it, he had actually hit me. I stood there in shock.
'Get out' I heard JongIn mutter.
'But...'
'NOW!' he shouted and then started coughing.
'JongIn calm down love, all this agro won't help you get better' I turned back to his father 'I think you better leave now, don't you?' and he did.
'I'm so sorry he did that to you' said JongIn reaching up to my cheek.
'It's alright, it's not your fault' his cool fingers felt nice against the red sting on my face'
'It's not alright at all' he said looking as though he was about to cry.
I kissed his forehead and smiled
'I promise you, everything is absolutely fine' I said and kissed him again.