Chapter five: False Hope

You with the Jet Black Heart

" The reality is a cruel and cold world "

 

A figure in the dark stalks them,  eyes glimmering red as it set it's gaze towards the person unconscious on the males back,  the bride's scent is strong on it's nose.

 

Sanduel stops as soon as he felt the cold air of the night hits his face,  sending shiver to his spine,  Jaewhan walks in front, lax and not even bothered by the poor friend's back, whistling a certain song.

 

Sanduel walks slowly, making sure he won't stumble and fall out because of the younger's weight pushing him down,  he was about to take a step on the stairs and enter the building when Seokjin's weight shifts behid him,  slipping away.

 

"  sht sht sht! " he shouts as he felt the strong pull,  something  was not right,  Jaewhan turns around as he hears his friend  cussing but halts immediately, fear in his eyes as he stares at whatever is behind Sanduel that's grabbing  Seokjin.

 

" Yo,  what the fxk?! " the weight disappears completely off his back and he turns around to see who's behind this joke only to let his eyes wide open upon seeing Seokjin in the arms of a creature he had never seen before.

 

Sanduel frozen in his spot, unable to move his feet,  not even his toes nor fingers.

 

Seokjin sleeps in the arms of an ugly demon,  looking at the male like his a delicious meal.

 

Jaewhan finally snaps out of his daze and had muster the streangth to throw his bag towards the larger creature.

 

" Yah!  Get your hands off him!!  " He takes Sanduels bag next, angry and scared as he slams it to the side of the demon, he gets an ugly growl in reply and what it seems a glare in it's rotten eyes, that sounded and look too creepy.

 

Jaewhan knows he couldn't win this fight,  Sanduel had took a step back seeing the demon had took a larger step forward. Jaewhan looks around for help as he take Sanduel's arm to run to the side as the demon swing his large spiky tail towards them.

 

" Help!  Somebody Help us !!  " He shouts and shouts,  they couldn't run away when their friend is in danger. His frustrated,  why the fck is there nobody hearing his shouts in the neighborhood.  it's like nobody is around the place.

 

It seems the creature,  looking like a standing bull and half goat, skin peeled and bleeding it's guts and looks like it ressurected from the dead,  looking like it has seen his chance to take the bride away.

 

Jaewhan leaves Sanduel looking scared away from the demom as he runs forward,  taking the bag and swings harder this time,  he hits the nape and causing a large angry howl that had made Jaewhan stumble on his feet as he felt the ground shake.

 

Sht,  He looks nervously at the angered being.

 

But what caught his attention was Seokjin,  the male had disappeared from the creature's arms, Jaewhan panics.

 

Until Sanduel grabs his arm, telling him to run.

 

He doesn't understand why but as he looks back to the creature,  he had seen an even more terrifying view.

 

As if the world turn to slow motion, a man stood in front of the demon and holding Seokjin  close on his arms,  but huge dark wings opens behind him and horns coming out of his head that was surreal and frightening,  swerlling dark symbols that seems to appear on his arms and neck,  and eye's looking dead straight to the larger creature that shivers in fear.

 

Jaewhan doesn't look back anymore and runs away as his body tells him to.

 

---------------

 

Jungkook effortlessly took Kim Seokjin to his arms when the human tries to attack the lower class demon,  with no effort,  he holds the sleeping bride close to his chest and the ugly demon whip it's head to see the king.

 

Jungkook sees the cowering beast stagger back as he has stood face to face with the higher class demon in front,  his not the only one surprised, Jungkook is still a young demon and hasn't fully reach the age to grow his horns but today, the adrenaline rushing through his viens as he sees his bride in the arms of a filthy low scum of a demon made his blood boil let out his horns.

 

" How dare you touch my bride, you fcking filthy low life " his eyes turned red and the wind behind him had made his hair flutter to the air, his dark wings stood out in a threatening way.

 

" Now, now our King, you shouldn't waste your energy from low class demons " a voice speaks behind him,  amused and cheery, Jungkook doesn't flinch nor look back but the demon that had caught red-handed had been breathing unevenly from terror.

 

Taehyung walks next to him as Jimin follows to stand by his side,  the two had look different without their horns and symbols in their faces. Taehyung smirks as he seen Jungkook in his demon form except, he looks more older and dangerous.

 

" There were two humans who had engaged with this demon in a short fight,  make sure to wipe their memories away " Jungkook says and Jimin chuckles.

 

" The bride is your first priority our king,  let us finish this pest while you go sleep with your lovely bride in your bedchamber " Taehyung deminded as he snaps his fingers while he winks playfully to his king and a sword appears next to him, Jimin nods to him, gesturing for the younger demon to go.

 

Jungkook doesn't need to be told twice.

 

----------------

 

It's the second time he had let Kim Seokjin lay in his sheets, his room is a mess but thankfully his bed is alright.

 

he hadn't done the landry for two weeks, his scent is strong in the room and it's just what he needs.

 

As soon as he vanished and appeared to his room,  disgusting stench of the beast had linger on his bride's body.

 

He sniff his nose into Seokjin's  neck, burying it close to his skin and immediately leans his head back with a scowl in his face when his senses had triggered him.

 

He place Kim Seokjin down and making sure he could still touch him and nothing is blocking him from holding his skin.  He pokes his pointer finger to the males cheek, which he never thought felt so soft and smooth,  he remembers the stench of the lower class demon as he smelled it again.

 

" fcking disgusting " he goes to the bathroom, thinking of a way to removed the stench he didn't know he could smell until now,  turning the water on in the bathtub,  Jungkook looks around the room, he spot some scented candles suspiciously lying on the side on the table and a basket with some bath bomb and roses next to it. 

 

He swore,  he never bought this on any mall, he puts the contents to the water,  even the roses ( he seen this shts in the tv so why not) and placed the candles to the sides, he stares at the bathtub and the candles were lit in sync with just a snap of a finger.

 

Jungkook thinks something is fishy about how there's too much unknown stuff in his bathroom. He thinks, it might be Jimin,  he could smell the older demons faint scent in the room,  the asshat probably laid it here purposely.

 

His thoughts lived shortly as soon as he hears voices entering his bedroom, his instincts tells him to immediately stand close to his bride and his body reacted swiftly,  he marched back to his bedroom only to see Taehyung and Jimin starring intently at the sleeping beauty.

 

Jungkook doesn't like the attention given to Kim Seokjin,  he fakes a cough and raised a brow as soon as they two looks at him with an awed expression.

 

He looks at them impassively.

 

" you two, why are you here?  " Jimin smiles at him, seeing Jungkook moves slightly close to Kim Seokjin's,  arms crossed and standing protectively.

 

"  well~ you were having trouble with building a good relationship with your bride with that sht attitude of yours that we thought  we could help you with that " Jimin says in enthusiasm but Jungkook only snorts at the eldest of the three demons.

 

" I don't need your help s " he rolls his eyes,  looking at them in a deadpan but Jimin and Taehyung gives no flying fck about his opinion and just nods.

 

" Yeah we know you'd say that Iron Man, so, here's what we think, in order to get you to love birds into romance,  we had enrolled you to College and ---"

 

" what did you just fxking say?  "

 

" I said we enrolled you to College and also gave you the same part time job with him,  like duh, first step in romance is first impression but I think you blew it off so second step in building romance is, " Taehyung  snaps his fingers and there's smokes coming out of nowhere but immediately dissipates when a folder drops to his hand. " communication!  With the way you are right now,  it seems you've gone in the wrong foot, so, we need to take a new path in order to win his heart "

 

" and also we need to do that " Jimin suddenly throws a secretive look at Jungkook while he says it to the demon next to him,  like he doesn't want the younger demon to know about it but Taehyung only nods like he had forgotten to do it and will get on it as soon as possible.

 

Taehyung throws the documents at the youngest demon and Jungkook didn't even flinch,  he lets the thing levitate near him and Taehyung only laughs as he exits with Jimin towards the wall.

 

" This sht is stupid " He mutters but Jimin hears him as he was the last to disappear in the smooth white wall.

 

" So is your romantic plan in the bathtub but still A plus,  don't scare him when he wakes up though,  we will be next door if you need help " Jimin says and waves goodbye before he was gone.

 

Jungkook flips a bird towards the gone figure but as soon as he did it, the human sleeping to him stirs awake and Jungkook looks back with a glare in his face.

 

-------------

 

 


Seokjin wakes up with an unfamiliar view,  gothic design in the interior had him wide awake,  as he isn't used to expensive looking place and it irks him to his bones how the sheets his holding smells like----

 

 

" stop staring at the sheets,  It's clean if your germaphobic, " he looks up to see Jungkook staring at him with a thin line on his lips.

 

 

I knew it,  it smells like this demon.

 

 

" so get off my bed before you dirty it and wash yourself,  you reek a lot of that demon " he commands but Seokjin is still unaffected by the oder of his voice and glares at Jungkook.

 

 

He sniffs at his shirt and arm but he smells okay, he smells nothing out of the ordinary,  Seokjin is gonna punch him for saying sht.

 

" The only sht reeking is you " Seokjin snorts and Jungkook raise a brow

 


" what did you say?  " he asked,  challenging him to say sht again but Seokjin looks distracted.

 

 

Seokjin looks out of the beautiful glass window of the room,  he could see the living room below and kitchen under the moonlight,  the large room had more space left around and  out the large glass window with the view of the city lights with dark and starless sky.  He sees the strong neon color of the digital clock hanging on the living room wall indicating it's late at night.

 

 

Jungkook sees his bride's eyes had look around and towards the city view,  lights from moving cars and vehicles looked like tiny ants and even light flickering like stars on earth.

 

 

The suddenly silence didn't stretched any longer as Seokjin snaps from his trance and look around the room,  Jungkook seeing his looking for something

 

.

"  Where am I?  Where's my bag?  " where's Sanduel and Jaewhan gone to? Seokjin was confused,  surely he was just with the two idiots and how did he even get...here?

 

 

Jungkook seems to read his expression and with a smug look he lays down in the other side of the bed causing Seokjin to jump and stand of his own feet.

 

 

" You might not remember but a class C demon had attacked you and your friends while you were unconscious, " Jungkook places both of his hands behind his head,  looking at the ceiling " if you continue being like this, your innocent friends will get in trouble if you won't accept the offer I've given to y---"

 

 

" No thank you, " Seokjin immediately cuts in,  looking tired and uninterested in whatever Jungkook was going to continue blabbering about " As I've said, I will only have with the person I love, period "

 

 

Seokjin knows Jungkook is going to get mad, cutting him off and even declining his offer once again, so he walks away towards the door not waiting for any reply from the demon.

 

 

He turns around to close the door and breathes out the nervousness he had been feeling when he talked back to the older man,  Seokjin almost yelp when the demon glares at him but he tried looking calm.

 

 

Seokjin sighs as he turns to look behind, he looks confused to see that he had entered the bathroom.

 

 

The door opens, Seokjin flinched but there's Jungkook's hand holding a towel and throwing it to Seokjin's face.

 

He had caught it though,  the door closes and Seokjin is more confused.

 

" take that scent of yours,  you reek " Jungkook shouts from on the other side of the door.

 

 

" Whatever,  your room stinks anyways!  " Seokjin scowls and looks at the scented candles and the prepeaired bathtub filled with warm water and roses?  Seokjin doesn't want to know why everything looks so welcoming when Jungkook speaks and look at him coldly.

 

 

He doesn't endulge in that thought and just strip off his clothes and dip his body in the relaxing waters.

 

------------------

 

 

Jungkook closed the door and he immediately told Seokjin to wash up,  he turns to the bed and had gripped a pillow on his hand and was about to throw it hard towards the door angrily when a pull from behind had his pillow falling on the carpet floor.

 

 

He turns around to see a dissapointed Jimin and Taehyung.

 

 

" what the f-" Jungkook had his eyes wide open upon seeing them but Jimin cuts him off.

 

 

" that's how you try and win over your bride?!  Really?!  " Jimin says, slightly mad when he listens to the conversation on the other side, he massages the bridge of his nose.

 

 

" What? Were you expecting me to go smiling at him and asking how his day is because I am not going to act all sweet and romantic,  hell no I'm even trying to do that " he replies, arms crossed over his firm chest as his lips shows no hint of amusement in their conversation.

 

 

" yes!  You are going to do that,  act all tooth rottingly sweet and romantic---oh holy sht Jungkook you are so clueless, I think we need to really teach him like,  back to basic " Jimin says and Taehyung sighs next to him, the two older demons had look at him judgmentally.

 

 

Jungkook doesn't look less pissed hearing them talk and look at him like that,  Jungkook?  Clueless?  If there's anything he doesn't want to have is being clueless,  so he studied back in their world,  he is one of the most smartest demon and someone who easily adapted to the changes around, his talented, knowledgeable and skillfull.

 

 

And him being clueless is out of his characteristics

 

.

"Guess you really need our help " Taehyung insisted with a sigh that sounded close to Namjoons, oh great.  His going to be treated like somekind of fresh demon again,  he had enough of them doing that for the past decades,  he knows what his doing and he doesn't need anyone's help.

 

 

-----------------

 


Seokjin remembers angels and demons painted in a book,  the stories of their unending war,  how they are shaped into beings in their own realms and how they visit earth.

 

He lower his body to the water,  bubbles he had created had touched his nose and cheeks, the tiles around had reflected the candle lights that flickered every now and then, Seokjin lifts his hands and looks at his wrist.

 

His charm bracelet,  if he hadn't lost it because of that accident then maybe he wouldn't be inside the demon's bathroom right now,  he wouldn't be having these problems with demons,  and lived a normal life.

 

He brings his knees to his chest,  hugging them,  he doesn't want to cry, not when Jungkook is outside and not when he has this strange connection with him,  his emotions and senses,  these things aren't his own anymore.

 

 

Seokjin wipes a warm tear that almost stings his eyes,  his face is probably turning red from forcing his tears to not fall.

 

 

-------------------

 


Jungkook is surprised a warm uneasy feeling has spread on his body,  Jimin and Taehyung were talking about dating hotspots in Seoul and things to bring when suddenly they both stop upon seeing something in Jungkook's face

 

.

" Are you... " Jimin points to his face and Taehyung, walks close to Jimin, holding his shoulder while his eyes stayed at Jungkook.

 

 

" Go inside and talk to him, you're going to talk to him and listen,  no bickering and no cursing,  don't let your feelings ruined this more than it is, even if you hated this role but you need to accept the fact that you've been his husband the moment you found him-- "  Jimin looks at Taehyung weirdly,  he was going to open his mouth when Taehyung tightened his grip in his shoulders

 

Jungkook looks at him, disbelief in his face,  his jaws open after hearing what the older had said.

 

" husband? we didn't even do the ritual yet-- " and Taehyung had shook his head, Jungkook looks at him confusedly.

 

" i knew you weren't reading the books of ashes back in hell, " The silver haired demon had stared at him, full of disappointment in his face, meanwhile Jimin is quietly been cursing in his head at Taehyung, for whatever bullsht his feeding to Jungkook.

 

Jungkook didn't read the book of ashes,  in all honestly,  whatever Namjoon had taught him, fifty percent of those are stored somewhere in his head and the other fifty?  Just passed by one of his ear and goes out to the other.

 

" Did you make out with him? Did you feel like this fireworks exploded in your body?  Like thunder just strikes to your bones??? Did you like it?? " Taehyung suddenly attacks,  his questions too fast but Jungkook's frow furrows,  thinking at those questions and he knows lying to Taehyung would be useless.

 

" ...maybe " Taehyung raises a brow at Jungkook,  the older demon stares at him and beams,  he knows the answer isn't 'maybe'.  Dmn it,  they should have just sent Yoongi or Hoseok, they would have been easy to lie to.

 

" Namjoon might had taugh you this a few decades back, about the book of Blood and Bones, if you remember,  the book stated ' a King will be titled as his bride's husband when the first physical contact is created ' and by physical it means make out so congratulations!  " he says in cheer " You're officially a husband!  "

 

"  What the hell are you--" Jimin was hushed by Taehyungs hand,  covering his mouth and the other demon smiles at their king.

 

" But beware, " suddenly the room turned silent,  Taehyung's cheerful voice was replaced by his deeper and more serious tone,  used with authority and with an edge in his sound,  Jungkook tries not to be affected with the power his using to his voice

 

" your bride can leave you and could break your connection right now that you haven't done the ritual,  if he finds another demon that he will give his heart with,  you will be the only one suffering the consequences Jungkook,  so treat him well and don't be an dckhead towards him "

 

Taehyung sees this as their cue to disappear,  he drags Jimin saying nothing to Jungkook as he sees the shock expression in their kings face.

 

Jimin and Taehyung left and materialize in their apartment, dark smokes disappearing after. Taehyung kicks off his shoes, feeling very uncomfortable in them, he strides in the cool tiles

 

Jimin only glares at Taehyung whose whistling in the room and looking like he didn't just told lies to the King.

 

" What the heck was all husband sht you were spating about?! "

 

" calm down Jimin, half of those were true so it doesn't really matter--"

 

" you know Jungkook will kill you when he finds out you've been referencing the novel Namjoon gifted him last thirty years " Taehyung smiles more,  thinking this whole sht is funny and Jimin knows he couldn't make Taehyung go back to tell Jungkook all he said was just a lie--

 

" as one chinese proverb says: In every crisis,  there's opportunity. In this crisis,  I grab the opportunity to make Jungkook believe he should have done, which,  he really should be doing right now " Taehyung sits on a sofa,  sighing contently of the soft leather.

 

" Kings before aren't hard headed as he is, " Jimin looks out the window " seriously why couldn't he just accept the fact his crushing over him  " Jimin chuckles and Taehyung laughs at his statement.

 

" one day he will " Taehyung reassures him " one day,  it will come"

 

---------------

 

" Hey Kim Seokjin c-can I come in? No fck,  that sounds gay " Jungkook fakes a gag, he wants to kill himself

 

" okay,  okay chill " he takes the towel and bathrobe and breathes in the cool air and open his mouth " Are you done there?! How about coming out now before I break this door down---ugh no no " he places the towel over his head,  hands covering his eyes and groans from frustration.

 

He sighs long and tried one last time,  he stands facing the clean white door, holding out a robe, still tense and nervous.

 

" Hi hope your enjoying your time there and you seem to forgot your robe, so can I come in?  "  he smiles,  the corner of his lips twitching, on the unfamiliar expression.

 

' damn his really going to do this?  '

 

Jungkook looks up the cieling, closing his eyes, he sighs for the nth time. He finally looks in front,  knuckles ready to knock,  he stops,  just a few inches away.

 

' you can do this ' he repeats it in his head.

 

' you can do this '

 

' you can do this '

 

The door opens, Kim Seokjin walks straight to him, and his face halts the moment his cheecks touched his knuckles and Seokjin looks up,  his doe eyes meeting his own,

 

and suddenly Jungkook can't do it.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Happy Seokjin Day!!!
Please ignore the typos TT
I've tried writting these past days
College life is killing me
Let me sleep lol

 

Sorry for the long wait omg, please don't hate me,
I'm grateful for your patience and understanding,

i had so much fun in reading the comments in all of my fics, Sorry for not replying but I'm really grateful as always to you guys
I wish i could just make these projects disappear but sad to say I'm doomed

 

Also
I'll be extra busy for paperworks cause I'll be going to america next year
And will be juggling my studies While doing so
But I will try my best to make time For this fanfic (: