Chapter One: Begin

You with the Jet Black Heart

"Light is easy to love, show me your darkness"

 

 

Seokjin wakes up in the middle of his lectures, he doesn't even know why his asleep in the first place, one thing is for sure, that Mr.Sung is not happy as he caught him for the first time in the semester.

 

 

" I know History isn't anybody's favorite in this class, " he says, the other students looks at him and he only hung his head low " but do remember I can't help you on raising your marks, you got to help yourselves " the bell rings, indicating the classes are finished, Mr.Sung sighs as he hears cheers when he dismissed them.

 

 

Seokjin slightly bows to the professor as he walks away to the door.

 

 

" Oi, bro " Seokjin looks at the person tapping his shoulder, it was Sanduel, his classmate swung his arm and place it comfortably around the youngers neck " what was that? You never sleep in class, much less sleep in every classes in straight weeks, what's up? Do i not know something? "

 

 

Seokjin shakes his head " I don't know, lately, i feel... " he didn't​ finished as another wave of weird force is making him tired, like his suddenly wasn't just feeling awake a second ago.

 

 

" you okay? " Sanduel ask when he feels Seokjin putting his weight on the males sides " bro you've been like this since last week in June? Maybe we should visit the hospital? "

 

 

Seokjin shakes his head again.

 

 

" I think i'll skip some classes, i dont know " Seokjin says, unsure, tired and just want to lie down the floor forever and sleep.

 

 

 

The male offers him help by walking him to his apartment but Seokjin kindly decline his offer, they had their next class in about fifty minutes and Seokjin doesn't want to bother him, he had been helping Seokjin in the past days and might become a burden.

 

 

 

" I'll go, see you tomorrow, don't worry, I'm tell Mr.Han your not feeling well " Seokjin nods at him who looks concerned, yet he watches as Seokjin walks out the hall.

 

 

 

-----------------

 

 

 

" Master.. " the lower rank demon says as he sees their master throws up on the metal bucket, it was becoming a daily routine for them to watch over the young ruler going through his change.

 

 

 

" fck " the raven haired demon cuss as he finished heaving the contents " Fck, this fxking hurts "

 

 

 

Another demon enters, yet his rank is almost at par with the young ruler in the underworld. His lightly bronze skin shines as he enters, along with the others. The lower ranks demons exits as soon as they felt their presence.

 

 

 

" It's your bride " Namjoon spoke as soon as the young ruler looks up to him in his bed " the connection, his close to the ripe age to be yours Jungkook "

 

 

 

The said person laughs bitterly, he hated how they keep reminding him of his bride and the remaining time he has left to be tied down to that being, Jungkook hated it, the idea of the universe and his every cell in his body is responding to his bride's changes. Now his been through a lot since the chosen partner has turned seventeen last year.

 

 

 

" fck this connection " Taehyung looks at him with a brow raised " i don't want her or him or whoever or whatever this bride is, I don't need a partner, I don't want anybody! " his eyes flickered red, other than lust it also indicates anger or rage.

 

 

 

The six of them all had fought wars of heaven and hell, had lived centuries, had seen and experienced the ways in the living planets through time, and also know that all rulers of those who had been chosen needs their bride as they believed every rulers heart has only half of the whole and the other is with his  bride.

 

 

 

Romantic but Jungkook wants to scream at the pain his feeling for the past day.

 

 

 

Namjoon had told told the story many times to Jungkook since forever, they know what happens when you don't find your other half.

 

 

 

Hoseok has been listening and reading the books of hell's burned records, he looks up to Jungkook, who refuses to acknowledge his brides existence, and the other demons, whose now calming him down. He closes his book, not enough to make them shush but able to grab Jungkook's attention.

 

 

 

" If a ruler doesn't find his bride, the demon who acquires the rulers other half will become the new king " he says, Jungkook glares at him, as if his saying they'll betray him " I'm only stating the fact but it needed to be also a demon, other races are out of the equation, for now only the six of us knows about your bride "

 

 

 

Namjoon shake his head, he brings his fingers to his horns then to his silver hair, he had the plan ever since the day the council decided their new ruler, a new general in the underworld, Namjoon had seen them failed to acquire their brides, most of them doesn't have their other half of their hearts, resulting to death, and he doesn't​ want this one to end up like them.

 

 

 

He taps Jimin's shoulder, the smaller demon looks at him, Namjoon who had to bend a bit to reach the smaller demon, whispers to him as he lean close. Jungkook's brow furrow seeing them being secretive, he doesn't like that smile in Jimins lips.

 

 

 

" very well " Jimin says, mischievously​ smiles at Jungkook again and walks out of his bedchamber, the door full of skulls and bones opened and Jimin disappears of his sight.

 

 

 

" i have a proposal Jungkook " the younger roll his eyes, another fxking proposal, he thought and Namjoon sees the reaction but doesn't bother to comment on it " as your right hand in combat and adviser, and the five of us--" he crossed his arms over his chest, a smile on his lips, Jungkook doesn't like this.

 

 

 

" we had reach a unanimous decision " and the sound of Yoongi and Taehyung snorts as Hoseok finally rolled his eyes at Namjoon, the taller demon only ignores them " that you will be sent to earth, and will find your bride within the given days--"

 

 

 

" what?! " he shouts in surprised and anger " Namjoon i dont need you to take decisions for me-- " 

 

 

 

" --within the given days " Yoongi says and warns him, Jungkook hated how their best warrior, the eldest of them, had looked at him with that cold stare. " you have 13 days in the underworld maximum duration of finding the bride or else "

 

 

 

" or else what? " Jungkook sees the uncertainty in their eyes while they looked at each other, Taehyung opens his mouth first when he sees none of the eldest in the group had opened his mouth " or else the council had to decide they will find a new ruler--"

 

 

 

And this made jungkook's eyes turned even more bloodier, they knew he hated this kind of topic to be touched but they had no choice, they need to act fast.

 

 

 

" why does the council know of this? " he glares at them and Namjoon doesn't seem fazed of the threat in his question " the council will know everything, they are not there if their useless at this sht "

 

 

 

Jungkook clenched his fist,  he doesn't want to find his bride, he doesn't fcking need one, and if he will die soon then he will fight it, his not weak, there were rulers who surpassed this cursed, if they have done it then so can he.

 

 

 

" Jungkook we know that look " Hoseok speaks, he seems tired even for the demon with the longest stamina " it's been centuries, we're doing this for you, your soldiers also agree that they wanted you for a long time, heck, everyone thinks your meant to be the only one to rule  "

 

 

 

Taehyung nods to him, the closest demon on his age yet their decades apart.

 

 

 

" We might be demons, but we still have a heart " he says

 

 

 

Now Jungkook sighs, he really hated the bride and this rulers curse. He wished this didn't​ exist

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

Seokjin wakes up in the next morning, feeling hot all over, his head hurts as he sat up, eyes loosing focus on sight and his stomach hurts, he feels like puking.

 

 

 

The male immediately runs towards the bathroom.

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

The day started off with him rushing to the bathroom to throw up nothing from his stomach, he brushed his teeth after, Seokjin hadn't eaten yesterdays lunch and dinner because of his long slumber.

 

 

 

It was dreadful, the food he ate from his favorite fast food restaurant tasted like piece of sht, and everything he consumes was a like five star course meal from the dumpster.

 

 

 

He felt angry and hungry, yes his hangry. He doesn't like this shtty month, this shtty year. He has lectures to attend to listen to, projects and of course, midterm.

 

 

 

Seokjin bumps to someone as he runs to his school and immediately apologized, he really can't be clumsy and tired at the same time, he shakes his head and continue towards the campus.

 

 

---------------

 

 


It's been months since Jungkook had been exiled, (well, not really but his being dramatic, forgive him ) one of the highest realms on the universe to the lowest one called Earth. A month here is only a day back in the underworld, he still has a year.

 

 

Jungkook was sent in someplace on earth he doesn't quite know, the atmosphere cold and everything is foreign. He was given gold, Namjoon explained how this world works and Jungkook owns one luxurious looking room called a penthouse, he nods liking this kind of change in his sight, he walks on the stoned road, the moving object that lets people appear and dissaper called cars had halt when he sees the light on top of the pole sticking from the sides of the ground turned from red to green.

 

 

' interesting ' he thinks and joined the flow of the crowd walking, humans as they are called.

 

 

He still have more time finding this bride of his.

 

 

Although Namjoon had given him some tips and advices, like a good adviser he is, he isn't really good at banishibg him ( his really overdramatic ) from their world to the exact location to where his bride is because right now, Jungkook thinks his in the wrong place.

 

 

" si? " the woman says as soon as she sees the handsome young man had entered the cafe and stood in line, attracting attention to himself without a clue. He was now standing in from of the counter, Jungkook doesn't understand this human language " Good morning, welcome to Cake Maxed what would you like to order? " 

 

 

He was the only one out of the six who hasn't set foot on the earth, so this is his first time doing something, with no adviser, no close comrade and no familiar faces. Thankfully Hoseok and Taehyung had taught him some language they knew, put a spell on him to easily acquire the language as Jimin gave him a notebooks about their travels in places in earth.

 

 

He rans his hand through his dark locks, looking down at the woman who is shorter than him.

 

 

"  Coffee​ and... pancakes please " he speaks in their language and the woman turned red from the way his voice drop lower from his accent. He thinks, this must be his bride? The reaction made him thought.

 

 

Namjoon says if he meets his bride then he will see them turn red and if you two touched with just the slightest, it will make them feel all weird, something about all how his stomach will churn and he will feel like a lightning bolt will hit his body. A piece of sht really, what kind of fcking stories does this demon read anyways? Namjoon even compared the difference of finding his bride as a happiness that feels like his body would burn in pleasure and overwhelming emotions will rush through his veins, like how happy Jungkook was slaying thousand of deaths when he posessed people during wars kind of happy.

 

 

But when he brushes his fingers to her skin when taking his order, he doesn't feel anything, all empty and nothing.

 

 

-------------

 

 


Seokjin hears the sound of chyme bells, indicating a costumer, he greets the person in front.

 

 

" good morning sir " he smiles "what would you like to order today? " the man smiles at him, the customer runs his fingers though his dark hair, his a bit taller than him to.

 

 

" I'd like to have Coffee and--" he looks at Seokjin as the male taps the screen to list his order, suddenly a hand was placed on top of his, he felt goosebumps, it felt cold. " you "

 

 

Seokjin learned the males name was Jaewhan, a new student in their university and a new person in town, he smiles at him. He feel all energetic this morning, it was refreshing.

 

 

He ends up talking to the boy after his shift ended and both walked towards the school, the new friend was actually just testing his new way to flirt and it seems it failed on Seokjin.

 

 

He laughs at the comment, Seokjin wasn't used to be flirted on. Okay, even if he has the looks, people choose to watch him from the sides, he was greatful for having a new friend though.

 

 

Seokjin laughs when Jaewhan and Sanduel met, it was comical, both of them turned good friends in just mere second after Sanduel kept interogating the other, Seokjin kept smiling the whole day.

 

 

----------------

 

 


Jungkook turns to look around the place from his phone, he thought he heard someone laughed that had caught his attention, his eyes searched anywhere at the place, he sees teens and adults around the mall but his eyes never sees the person that he heard laughing so beautifully.

 

 

Jungkook was wearing white tee and sweatpants with his now favorite timberland boots, and recently bought a phone.

 

 

The woman in front of him asked him if he was okay, Jungkook looks at her again, he was new to the city, and new to the another foreign language. The last one, he doesn't even feel anything in the air, nothing as he passed people by, so he moved to a new country.

 

 

" how much is it? " Jungkook asked, he was currently in where they called the big apple, New York City.

 

 

The woman smiles at him, he sees her intention as she leans closer, blonde hair failing in her cleavage.

 

 

" Are you new? I swear i haven't seen you here before " she purrs and Jungkook wanted to roll his eyes.

 

 

" It's a big city, there's a big chance of you unable to meet all of the people here " he takes the fully charged iPhone 7 matte black and the box, ready to leave, he grabs his card from the woman who stops him, Jungkook looks at her boredly as she tries her best to show her fake melons to him. Namjoon wrote in the notebook, his experience with them, he laughs at the story.

 

 

" I know what else is big " she her lips and Jungkook was having none of it

 

 

" Yeah? Is it the bills you pay for that huge useless of yours, looks like you need to redo the work, you'll only attract douche and fck bois because of that " he takes the card and turns around, walking out without looking back at the girl pissed for not being able to 'take the hot piece of home'

 

 

" fcking disgusting, can't believe i wanted to wash my eyes with holy water at that, "

 

 

--------------------

 

 


"Jinnieee!!! " there's a loud scream directed to him, he jolts awake from his sleep and looks around.

 

 

" what?! What?! Im up! " he sees two familiar faces laughing at him, he sees the lectures ended and Seokjin yawns, before glaring at the two. " what the heck was that? "

 

 

" you were deep in your sleep, professor Park even poke you with her measuring stick, you didn't even flinch! " Jaewhan laughs as Sanduel replied to the half awaked Seokjin. " you feel alright buddy? "

 

 

Seokjin nods, his just tired from the extra shifts he had to cover from the others back in the cafe.

 

 

" yeah, just a bit sleepy but I'm fine " the two nods at him.

 

 

" come on, we still have Humanities with Mr.Oh in fifteen minutes " they grab Seokjin to stand, the younger was up on his feet when his knee suddenly felt a sting.

 

 

" Ow! " he touches his knee, the skinny jeans cant be rolled up so he only tries to understand why it stung so much.

 

 

" Oh my god " Sanduel looks closer to the clothe and saw small amout of blood visible on the jeans, he worriedly looks at Seokjin then back to the injured knee " I'm sorry, I- I didn't mean to- how did this happen?? " panic course to his friends veins, Seokjin smiles at them, and says it's okay.

 

 

-------------

 

 

" are you okay? " the man looks down and saw the males knee cut and  bleeding  " aw fck, hold on a second! let me help you-- " but Jungkook shake his head, Russia was getting colder by the month, he had moved again to look for the bride. Jungkook is a bit pissed off, his tired and wants to stop  this hunt now.

 

 

He was walking towards the capital city when a human male whose trying to passed by him with some knives on his bag was robbed by a passerby and he falls, coincidentally Jungkook was walking towards him and got his skin cut. Jungkook was not having this.

 

 

" it's okay " he nods to the man and continue walking, his cut quickly healing, he didn't feel any pain, the perks of being a demon.

 

 

Jungkook walks back to his hotel, it was getting useless, he needs direction, not just random places, but he doesn't have a fxking clue or idead on where.

 

 

He enters his room, it was a penthouse, his it's the only thing he likes that this hotels can satisfy him.

 

 

Jungkook is close to losing his sht.

 

 

It's been three days in their realm as it was three months in this world, Jungkook sees the changed as his body adapted to the time in this planet.

 

 

His losing more time than he expects, damn Namjoon and his fcking unanimous decision that fcked him up.

 

 

 

He walks out to the balcony and he looks up to the starry sky, he never seen them back in the underworld before, Jungkook made sure to remember them, since he might give up to this plan earlier than he imagines.

 

 

" Fck this bride bullsht!!! I don't need anyone!! " he shouts, under the starry sky and over the city lights around, the cool air making his jacket fluter  " I don't want you! I fcking hate you!  " on the top building, the wind carries his voice, Jungkook heavily breathes, his horns coming out, he lets it be.

 

 

---------------

 

 


" Did you hear that? " Seokjin looks around, Sanduel and Jaewhan looks at him and the students outside the gate to see what Jin was talking about.

 

 

" What? Is it the second bell?? " Jaewhan ask and Seokjin shakes his head, he turns to them with the same confused look.

 

 

" i think someone was calling me? "

 

 

" oh my god, Jin, is it---" Jaewhan has the biggest smile, hands clasp together with that silly look in his face as he look at the youngest "it must be mother aphrodite calling to you and telling you to get laid already!!! " Seokjin roll his eyes, again with the 'getting laid' topic.

 

 

" maybe it's the gods of friendship calling to me saying i should get new friends, since the old ones " he says.

 

 

" ohh and who might be these old friends be? " Jaewhan asks, and Jin only laughs as he walks towards the gates as the two males followed him.

 

 

The trio parts ways in the bus stop as Seokjin took the bus with the route towards the mall as the two walks back to their houses.

 

 

Seokjin sits in the back, he had to fit right in between the two guys, which was the only seat left and he doesn't want to stand, so he ignored the feeling of the bodies pushing towards him when the bus tooks a turn.

 

 

He sighs, he had a shoulder of a pacific ocean as the school newspaper publication team indicate, it must have been an inconvenent to the others like this situation--

 

 

Theres a sudden halt of the bus and man beside him finally moves, surprised by the sudden halt.

 

 

" fcking sht " the male cursed " where the hell am i even? " he looks around and Seokjin had been sitting next to him hands on his lap, trying to lessen the space his shoulders to acquire. The man had look at him, Seokjin's eyes meet the darkest orbs and probably the most handsome sharp features his seen on his life.

 

 

He feel his face heat up from the eye contact and looks away, his usually not like this, Seokjin tries his best to keep his face from turning. The amount of passengers lessen and Seokjin sees a lot of vacant seat and without a second thought he stands to take his seat.

 

 

The bus starts to move, Seokjin had sat near the window, making sure the older man hadn't seen him, he was feeling so weird and all mushy, and wants to throw up.

 

 

He looks at his bracelet, the one the temple monks gave him before living in the city, Seokjin had been living a wonderful life ever since they gave it to him, and at the moment Seokjin felt all the unknown emotions inside of him dissapears, he had sigh in relief

 

 

Jungkook looks at the beautiful man his ever seen since he was born, surely his not exagerating he speak only but the truth, he was sure that the person had redden, he wanted to make sure, so Jungkook stands to sit next to the male, but his plan crumbles when the human had stand and exits the vehicle.

 

 

Jungkook wanted to follow him, but he thinks it must be his dck talking, not his head nor not the blood on his veins that made him think of running to the beautiful person he has seen on earth.

 

 

So Jungkook sits back, trying to feel the presence of the bride that was strong for the moment he wakes up and suddenly disappeared but his taking his chances, now that he had waste six months and was slaking off in Hongkong.

 

 

Jungkook thinks his in the right place, the sudden rush he had felt when the mention of the country or the energy his been recieving as the plane landed in Incheon as smelled the air hits his nose.

 

 

If Jungkook finds his partner, he would have to take the person back to the underworld and lock them up, make the person his slave for making him chase after them or something.

 

 

He walks out of the bus and headed straight to the hotel, he had learn a bit of thing or two in the human word by the other demons journal and Jungkook puts it in good use.

 

 

" Hello how may I be of service to you? " the woman ask and smiled brightly, Jungkook slides a card and the womans eyes widen upon seeing the black card and suddenly looks indiffernt as the male looks at her straight, it's one of Taehyungs advice.

 

 

" give me  one of your best room here, if the penthouse is available, i'd like to book a stay for like... perhaps a month " the womans jaw drop, there were papers to sign and some luggages Jungkook had from his travel to be collected and he was set to go.

 

 

Seokjin hadn't slept that night thinking of the man sitting next to him, it was fcked up, he was clearly crushing for a stranger who looks hella older like twenty five or something but his crushing on him!

 

 

He shakes his head hoping it would shake away his thought and goes to sleep.

 

 

Didn't think he wad too affected that even the mystery man visited his dreams.

 

 

It was a dream where Seokjin rode the bus except it was him who got startled and woke up, but the bus wasn't packed nor even got a single person, he looks beside him and saw the man looking at him Seokjin's face close to him, lips almost brushing. Seokjin face heats up when the handsome man closed the gap with his strong arms and Seokjin gasp from the k---

 

 

-------------

 

 


Jungkook wakes up suddenly, his eyes turned yellow, the moon illuminates the night, it was tempting, his dream made a hint.

 

 

A man, Jungkook can't remember his face but his sure, his bride is a human male with the most softest lips he thought he had touched.

 

 

He sniffs the air that was coming out of his glass window, he could smell something in the night breeze, it smell sweet, something that makes him stomach churn and his chest burn.

 

 

He smiles wickedly.

 

 

The person, his bride, is here.

 

 

Wait till I get my hands on you, you lil fcker.

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

I blame my phone for playing blood sweat, begin and tears then dead leaves :)