ch.9

save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the first time in her life that Sana ran after the bus. When she missed it, she usually shrugged it off, and either walked to the location or waited for the next bus. Who cares about being late. But this time, it was important. Not because of classes and stuff, but Momo was in there. She had to know if Momo was okay or not.

Thank god she didn’t wear heels today. The bus finally stopped, a few meters away from the stop. When Sana got up on it, she couldn’t stop bowing and saying thanks to the driver. Her breaths were heavy, hair messy and she was sweaty. It would probably be a bad idea to sit next to Momo in this state.

But the other girl had already noticed her and gave her that beautiful smile. Sana smiled back too but as she walked closer to Momo’s seat, she noticed the dark circles under the other girl’s eyes and her tired expression.

“Hi.”

“Hey Sana.” She could see Momo leaning in for a hug. Ah, she would love to but,

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’m very sweaty right now.” She laughed softly.

“So am I.” Momo snorted and hugged Sana regardless. It was kinda sticky and disgusting but they enjoyed it regardless.

When they pulled back, Sana spoke again.

“You look tired. Did you sleep?”

Momo shook her head. “I don’t think so. I just laid in my bed.”

Sana nodded. Then a thought ran through her head.

“Here.” She patted her own shoulder, still looking at Momo. The other shot her a confused look. “It’s not great but…You can sleep on my shoulder until we arrive.

“Ah. Thanks.” With that said, Momo laid her head on Sana’s shoulder and closed her eyes.

It didn’t take her too long to actually fall asleep. Poor girl must’ve been very tired. Sana smiled as she heard Momo’s soft snores. She was just too cute, Sana couldn’t help but lay her hand on the other girl’s head and softly carress her dark hair.

Her eyes traveled down to Momo’s thighs, where her small hands rested. Sana couldn’t see her arms, because she was wearing long sleeves. Long sleeves in such a heat? That’s ridiculous.

Unless she wanted to hide something. Sana hummed. She removed her hand from Momo’s hair, and slowly went down to the hem of the other girl’s sleeve. She shouldn’t do this. But she needed to know if it was what she thought it is. She gently, lifted up the sleeve, trying not to wake up the girl.

She was right.

There were scars on Momo’s arm, some smaller and some bigger. Most of them looked fairly recent, coming from about a week ago, and some of them looked older, almost healed. Sana’s stomach twisted. Not because of disgust, oh no. But because she knew how horrible the emotional pain must be to do that to yourself.

Momo deserved so much better. What in hell did Momo do to attract all these horrible things happening to her? Her, someone so soft, so sweet and so gentle.

Sana didn’t even realize that she started holding Momo’s hand. She was rubbing small circles on the girl’s soft hands. Her eyes traveled up to Momo’s face. She looked so peaceful right now. , half wide open, her nose scrunching up every few minutes. Sana smiled again.

Just as she was watching Momo, she noticed her stop coming near.

Should she wake up Momo? She might get in trouble if she came in late, or could even get rejected from the auditorium.

, she had to go. So she gently lifted Momo’s head from her shoulder, and leaned it against the bus seat in a way that she wouldn’t get a sprain in the neck when she would wake up. Momo didn’t wake up during Sana’s risky maneuver.

Before leaving, Sana landed a peck on the other girl’s cheek, and she swore that she could see a small smile on Momo’s lips just before she got off the bus.

-

Just as Sana was done with the groceries, her phone rang.

Momo.

She sighed softly, remembering the scene from this morning.

“Hey Sana.”

“Hi Momo. Did you sleep well?” Sana grinned.

She heard Momo giggle quietly at the other end of the line. “Yeah. I felt sad that you weren’t here when I woke up though. And I almost ended up late for university, but the sleep was okay.”

Sana felt herself blushing. “Sorry. I just didn’t have the heart to wake you up. You were just too cute while sleeping.” And at that moment, Sana wanted to slap herself on the mouth for being so bold. Thank god Momo wasn’t here at that moment because Sana was smiling dumbly as she thought about the other girl’s sleeping face.

“Ah, thanks I guess.” She giggled again. And once again, Sana tried to deny the warm feeling before she heard Momo speak again. “Yesterday you told me that we can hang out this evening…um, are you still in?”

“Yes! Of course!” Sana paused. “Uh, there is a fair in town right now. Do you want to go?”

“I’d love to.”

“Alright! See you at about, uh, eight pm?”

“Okay! Bye!” Even if Momo hung up, the smile on the other’s face was still present. After finishing stacking the groceries into Jihyo’s car, she sat on the passanger seat, still with that big smile.

“What are you so happy for? Did the yoghurts tell you that you’re pretty?” Jihyo, on the driver seat, raised her brow.

Sana just rolled her eyes at that. “No. I’m just going to see a friend this evening.”

“A friend. Huh.” The younger girl scoffed. “With how you were smiling I thought you were meeting up with a lover.”

“Why are you like this!” Sana groaned with a small pout on her lips. But even if she knew that Jihyo was joking, the word stuck to her mind. Lover. She dwelled on it. It would be great.

But it sounded wrong. They were just friends.

She knew that every small moves Momo made for her madeher heart flutter, she stopped denying that sometimes ago. She knew how she found herself staring at her everytime they were together. She knew that she wanted Momo to be happy, preferably with her by her side. She knew that she wanted to be more than friends with the girl.

But she also knew Momo wouldn’t be okay with that.

Plus they barely knew eachother.

Just friends. Sana was just there to help Momo. Nothing more. Yeah.

-

Sana regretted not taking a jacket or a sweater with her. The weather was more or less hot, but the quite strong wind made her shiver. She walked quickly, trying to get to the fair at time.

When she was near the entrance, she could already see Momo leaning against a wall, not too far from the crowd. This time she was wearing high waisted ripped jeans, a black crop top and a jean jacket, matching with her jeans paired up with pink sneakers. Sana could feel getting dryer at the sight.

A few seconds later, when Sana was just a few meters away, Momo looked up from her phone and caught Sana’s eyes. Her pink lips curled up into a bg, warm smile.

“Sana!” Momo walked closer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter