ch. 13

save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana woke up to the rays of the sun shining on her face. The headache from yesterday was gone and she felt much fresher. Her eyes slowly fluttered while she sat up and stretched her arms out.

But she retreated as she noticed Jihyo snoring quietly next to her, cramped on the couch.

Nothing racy here. They watched a movie together last night and fell asleep like that. The tv was still on and buzzing and the younger girl lazily held a half finished bowl of popcorn in her hands.

Sana stood up from the couch carefully so that the other doesn’t wake up. She scratched her nape as she walked into the kitchen. She smiled as she saw the leftover from the food Jihyo had cooked her yesterday. Hell, the other girl really helped her get into a better mood.

Jihyo was still sleeping when she got home, but as soon as she got up and saw Sana slouching on the couch while sighing quietly, still in her party clothes, she knew that there was something wrong.

And she took it upon her goal to cheer the older girl up. Of course she questioned Sana first. And the Japanese girl was glad to let her heart out and tell her everything, without specifying who was that girl she was talking about. Jihyo tried to nag her into telling her the name, but she eventually gave up, leaving the affair with a ‘Wow, she’s an ’ and threatening the unknown girl to which Sana objected.

They ended up cooking dinner together before going out shopping, so Jihyo can get the situation off Sana’s mind. She told her to just ignore her if she calls back and just forget about her.

If only it was that simple.

She couldn’t get Momo out of her mind. As soon as Jihyo wasn’t there to distract her with something, her thoughts almost automatically snapped to the girl. What did she do when she woke up? Does she even remember what happened? Is she okay right now?

Sana wanted to scream. Of course, she was brokenhearted, sad and kind of angry but as much as she wanted to call Momo right now and snap on her, she just couldn’t. Everytime she took her phone into her hands and tried to call the girl and tell her that she’s had enough, something held her back. Just imagining Momo’s reaction if she did what she imagined made her heart constrict. So she ended up putting her phone down, sighing.

She really loved Momo. It was hard to admit. Especially after what happened.

But Momo must have some kind of feelings too. She was the one who initiated the kiss in the first place. She was drunk though. But alcohol doesn’t make you do stuff you don’t want to, does it? It just tears down the walls that stopped you from doing something you subconsciously wanted. Except that she didn’t. Momo wanted ‘Mina’, even if Sana ignored who the hell that was.

Sana groaned. It was too early for this .

She poured some orange juice into a glass and started making some pancakes. While the frying pan was warming up she turned her phone on and yawned.

She took a sip of the juice and almost choked as she saw the words displayed on the screen.

Momo left a voice message. At 3am.

And some other written messages, a little bit later.

Her heart’s pace accelerated. What could the message say? She looked around herself to see if Jihyo was still sleeping; thank god she was. So she inhaled deeply and opened her voicemail.

“S-sana- I-“ Her voice sounded shaky and perhaps unsure. It was similar to her voice during their very first call; she was afraid and alone. And that made Sana flinch.

She could then hear a soft groan. Momo was desperate. And a very unsure, by the tone of her voice. “I- Uh---“ She then swallowed audibly. For a moment, there was silence, and then she whimpered.

And that was the end of it.

So Momo did remember.

Sana didn’t really know what to say. She just stared at the screen for a few seconds, blinking slowly. So Momo was just as distraught about the situation as her. Let’s check the messages next.

im sorry sana

please dont shut me out

can we talk later

please

She huffed quietly. She wanted to be mad at Momo, she really did but for some reason she couldn’t. Maybe it was because she knew that Momo was just too gentle, too selfless and too soft to hurt her intentionally. But she did. It kind of felt like a betrayal. Almost like Momo played with her feelings. Except she didn’t. And Sana knew that. If Momo really wanted to harm Sana, she wouldn’t be pleading like that right now.

That’s probably why she couldn’t have hard feelings against the girl.

She groaned loudly as she slumped over the table, burying her head in her hands as she let a soft whine escape her lips. What could she do. Of course she wanted things to go back to normal with Momo but it would be really hard. Like, really ing hard.

Another sigh.

She kept on staring at the screen. What should she say? Should she just ignore her? Pretend like she didn’t see the messages?

A loud yawn interrupted her train of thought.

Jihyo was awake. And soon enough she walked into the kitchen too. Thank god she had enough time to hide her phone and put on a quite convincing half smile.

“Hey.”

The younger girl sat down on the chair next to Sana. She smiled lazily at the other, while giving a small pat on the shoulder. Jihyo stretched her arms out, leaning back into the chair. By her expression Sana could tell that she was delighted. The resting time yesterday did her wonders too. Seeing her like this Already made Sana feel better. Jihyo was always so selfless, always putting other before herself. She deserved happiness too.

“You slept well?”

Sana answered with a small nod, along with a shy smile on her lips. “Yeah. Looks like you slept well too.”

Jihyo giggled. “I did. Just sprained my neck a little.” She yawned again, watching Sana get up from her seat. Then she suddenly felt two hands on her nape, rubbing it lightly.

“I can fix that.” Sana beamed.

“Ah, no need to. Go finish the pancakes instead.” Jihyo pushed Sana playfully. The other girl responded with a small scoff. It amused her, quite frankly. The young girl was effortlessly fun even without doing anything particular. Sana was really lucky to have such a roommate.

“The pancakes were supposed to be a surprise. You blew it.” Sana pouted. She walked back to the now warm pan. She took out the remaining liquid flour from yesterday and poured it in the pan. Her back leaned against the counter, Sana now facing Jihyo again. She sighed quietly.

After a moment of silence, the younger girl spoke up.

“Did she call you?”

Sana now displayed an unreadable expression. She didn’t know. Should she tell her the truth? But Jihyo didn’t let her think.

“I’ll take that as a yes. What did she say?”

“N-no she didn’t—I mean not like that but…” She gave up. Her cheeks were already red almost up to her ears. She was bad at lying. So she sighed quietly, putting her face in her hands. “She did call. But she didn’t say anything.”

She then flipped the pancake over.

“What do you mean she didn’t say anything?”

“I said what I said.” Sana sighed. “She didn’t really say anything. She was uh—A little disturbed maybe.” She scratched her nape. One pancake was done.

“Can you elaborate?” The younger girl said between munches on a cereal bar.

Sana sighed once again. All of this would be diffic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter