ch. 12

save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana’s head hurt like hell when she woke up. It actually took her a minute to become completely aware of everything around her, only to notice that she was lying in the bathtub in her underwear. For a moment, she was startled.

But then she remembered. And she immediately regretted remembering that. And how could she still remember? Isn’t alcohol supposed to erase your memory or something? Why didn’t it work?

She felt like crying again.

So that’s what she did, letting her tears go off, once again. She noticed that her crying was the only noise around her, so she tried to be quieter. What time was it? Could the party be over?

She tried to stand up, but with the extensive pain in her limps she only managed to get out of the tub. She huffed. This whole situation just made her sob harder.

Her hand reached for the random piece of tissue in front of her to wipe her tears, just to notice that it was her shirt. So she put it on, still sobbing quietly.

It took her another few minutes to put her pants on and manage to stand up (still holding on to the sink, though).

She sighed as she looked in the mirror. Her hair was sticking to her face, her messy bun now undone, her eye mascara was running and her whole face looked puffed from the kissing all the crying. She wiped the makeup, or rather what was left of it, off her face with a towel before fixing her hair, now tying it up in a ponytail.

As her hand reached for the doorknob, the thoughts she’s been trying to push away resurfaced. What if Momo was still there, awake in the other room? How could she face the girl after all of this? Would she even remember?

But she tried to shake them off, turning the doorknob and opening the said door.

She was shocked to find Momo in her , laying on the ground, close to the door. Just where she was last night. Her hands were red from banging on the door yesterday. Sana’s heart constricted again. Thank god she didn’t open the door too quickly, or else she could’ve hit her in the head.

Sana couldn’t ignore her. No way she was going to leave her like that, even if the other girl had hurt her.

But she couldn’t carry Momo to the bed. Hell, she struggled with even making her stand still yesterday. And trying to get her to sleepwalk or something over to the bed would be impossible without waking her up and facing her, which Sana would very much like to avoid.

So instead she walked over to the bed, grabbed the thick blanket and a pillow.

She slightly lifted the other girl’s head, trying her best not to wake her up. Then she slipped the pillow under her head. Success. Momo didn’t even move.

Sana sighed quietly. She really didn’t want to leave her there especially like this. But she was way too ashamed to face her right now. Why was she so selfish?

She tried not to drown herself in guilt while reaching for the large blanket. She then moved Momo softly, putting one part of the blanket under her, and wrapping her in it with the rest of it, burrito style. Only her head was left out, which Sana then adjusted to sit well on the pillow.

Once she was done ‘tucking Momo into the bed’ she sat up straight, looking back at the sleeping girl.

A tear slid down her cheek. This was her fault. She shouldn’t have let this happened. Momo was drunk. And now she may have cheated on her potential girlfriend. Or at least, that’s what Sana thought. Like, who else could this ‘Mina’ person be? Her ex? A friend?

Sana wanted to bang her head against the wall. Why was she like this? She swallowed roughly, sparing a last glance at Momo before standing up and looking at the clock.

5am.

So the world really loved to with her these days.

Should she go home? Or wait for Momo to wake up?

She huffed. Yeah, she wasn’t going to do that. What if she doesn’t even remember what happened?

Sana decided to leave. She walked out of the room. And she was right about the state of the party, as the only few people left were laying all around the room, sleeping tight. Nayeon was nowhere to be found. There was no reason for her to stay.

Well, maybe Momo, but it would hurt too much.

-

Talking about things that hurt.

Momo’s head hurt like hell. It was like something was burning through her brain. She groaned loudly. She tried to stretch her arms out, only to notice that they weren’t dangling free.

What?

She also noticed the pillow under her head. And the blanket she was wrapped in. What the hell? She slowly unwrapped herself, trying not to hurt her already pained hands.

Ugh. Everything was painful, even just sitting up. She blinked heavily before glancing down at her hands, the main source of pain. Why was it so bruised?

She hummed, looking around the room.

Ah, yes. The memories slowly came back to her mind. They were drunk. Momo kissed her. They made out. They made out hard. And then Momo had to everything up.

She gulped. The sour taste had come back to , and she could feel the dryness of .

“Why?”

Momo whimpered quietly, as she tucked her knees under her chin. Why did she have to up this bad? Now she’s going to lose one of the few people who actually cared about her.

The thought of being alone again made her cry.

That reminded her. Maybe Sana was still there.

So she quickly got up, despite the harsh pain in her legs. Then she remembered how she was half . She covered her chest in embarrassment while trying to locate her clothes.

After dressing up, she slowly opened the bathroom’s door, apprehension and excitement going up in her. She just hoped that Sana was still there, and that she could give her a second chance.

But Sana wasn’t here.

Tears were building up in the corner of her eyes again. Yeah, there were no ways to fix this.

She was already bawling her eyes out when she walked out of Nayeon’s house. And she cried all the way back to her house, getting strange looks from bypassers.

She had to compose herself before entering the house though. She wouldn’t want to get bombarded with her aunt’s invasive questions. So she walked in circles in front of the house, drying up her tears and trying to calm her breaths.

But then, she heard the door open.

, she wasn’t done yet. Her cheeks were still wet, her eyes still puffy and her breathing still ragged.

“Momo! You’re here!”

That….wasn’t her aunt’s voice.

Momo whipped her head around quickly. Grandma Hirai. And her aunt, right behind her. Good news and bad news.

“Awe, my baby peach, it’s been such a long time y-“ but her grandmother’s voice stopped as she cupped Momo’s face and saw her teary and messy face. The fact that her breath probably reeked of alcohol didn’t help.

“Momo…What happened to you?” This time, her voice was quieter. Momo looked down. She hated this. She really loved her grandmother, and disappointing her really hurt her.

But she sniffled, and tried to put back on a smile. “Ah, it’s nothing grandma, don’t worry. I’ve been kinda stressed about exams. I guess it just came out now.”

Her grandma’s expression turned into a worried and maybe pitiful one, as she pulled Momo into a hug. The girl flinched a little, but hugged her back regardless. She really missed grandma and she’d love to spend time with her, but right now her situation wasn’t really good.

“Don’t overwork yourself honey. The exams are over now, you don’t have to worry now. Your aunt told me you did very good.” Momo flinched again. She almost forgot that the said aunt was at the door. “And you know, you can call me if you need to talk to someone.”

The younger girl nodded. “Thanks grandma. I will.”

“I have to go now, though. I hope you’ll be there the next time I’ll visit.”

“I hope so too. I-I’m sorry.” Momo’s eyes shot down again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter