ch. 8

save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rays of the morning sun felt like they could pretty much make Sana blind. She groaned loudly as she sat up. A sharp pain hit her in the back, it stung in a weird way. Am I becoming old? Nah. Nayeon is supposed to be the senior citizen. These were just the lovely effects of sleeping on the couch.

Ah, yes. She remembered coming home at about 9pm and Nayeon scolding the hell out of her for forgetting that they had to study together. It’s not that she forgot it, but let’s say her mind was off somewhere else. And when they finally finished studying (it was exactly 11”30pm) it was too late for Nayeon to go home. Sana wanted to sleep on her own bed with Nayeon but the the older girl refused to let her in (she was probably still mad), so Sana was didn’t have a choice but to sleep on the couch.

Sana sighed as she slumped back on the couch and turned the tv on. She looked over to the clock. 8am. She still had time.

But right when her eyes were about to shut again to go back to a deep slumber, someone made a noise with the fridge. That made Sana jump up from the couch. She looked over at the person. It was Nayeon.

Pouty mode activated.

Nayeon looked back at her with a lazy smile. “Good morning.”

Sana only answered with a huff.

Nayeon’s smile disappeared. “Hey.” She walked over to the couch and sat down close to her. “What’s wrong?”

“Can’t you guess it yourself?” Sana huffed again. To make it even more clear, she even crossed her arms.

Nayeon tilded her head to the side with a frown on her brows. Then it clicked.

“Is it because I didn’t let you sleep with me last night?” Sana didn’t answer. She just turned her head away from her, still pouting. Nayeon got it. But she didn’t want Sana to ignore her all day. So she suddenly hugged the other, making her yelp.

“Oh my baby squirrel I’m soooo sorry.” By the tone of her voice, Sana could tell that Nayeon was messing with her. To that, Sana tried to push Nayeon away, still maintaining her expression. “Why are you like this!” The younger girl groaned.

The other laughed. Then her expression turned serious again. “No, I really mean it. I’m sorry. I was mad that you forgot about it, but I shouldn’t have been so harsh with you.” Right now, she did sound sincere.

Sana scoffed. “Jeez, you’re acting like we were together for 8 years and I just forgot our marriage anniversary.” She rolled her eyes, trying to suppress the grin that was slowly coming to her lips.

“Sana!” Nayeon retorted in a bratty voice, pouting too. “I’m trying to make serious apologies here!”

Sana just laughed in answer. “You were the one calling me a squirrel just a minute ago.” Nayeon still clung to Sana, holding her tightly. She hoped that it would help Sana accept the half-assed apology and just move on from this dumb situation. “You know I was joking!” She didn’t answer. Her lips remained pouty though.

“So apology accepted?”

“No way.” Sana grinned and stood up. “I’m going to have a back ache all day because of you. Just a small ‘I’m sorry’ isn’t going to solve that.”

“Come on Sana! I’ll uh- I’ll cook for you?”

Sana whipped her head around at that and rose her brows. “Hmm. Maybe I’ll consider forgiving you then.” She shrugged. “I didn’t realize that you became so soft that you’re ready to cook for me to get my forgiveness.” She laughed softly. But the laugh didn’t last for long as Nayeon threw a pillow at her.

-

As she was about to walk out the door, she saw the box of Hello Kitty band aids on the table.

She took it and stuffed it in her bag, just in case.

-

Getting on the bus, a familiar face came into her field of view. Again.

Momo was at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter