ch.7

save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wind ran through her hair as Sana walked further away from her university. Today was a good day. Now that the situation with Momo was pretty much resolved, she could actually think more clearly.

A good day.

That is until she looked at her watch. If she wanted to catch her bus, she better run.

So that’s what she did. The fact that she was wearing heels didn’t help her, even if they weren’t that high. And as expected with her amazing luck, just when she had the bus in her field of view, she had to stumble and fall down.

She groaned as she pushed herself up to her knees. That’s when she felt someone’s hand on her shoulder.

“Sana, are you okay?” She turned around to look at the source of the voice.

Jackson.

She smiled at him. “Yeah, just me being clumsy. Uh what are you doing?” She added, watching Jackson lean down to help get together her stuff that was now scattered all over the floor.

“You dropped these.” He gave back her stuff as they both stood up.

“Thanks.”

“So…Why were you running?” Jackson lifted his eyebrow. Oh. He saw her. How embarrassing.

“I was running after my bus. It was the last one so…” Sana sighed.

“I can take you home, if you want to.” Jackson offered, then pointed at the car some meters away. “My car is just a few meters away.”

“It’s alright. I think I’ll go to the library and wait for Nayeon. We’re supposed to study at my house this evening.”

“I see.” Jackson scratched the back of his neck. “Can I walk with you?”

“Sure.” Sana smiled at him again. Nayeon was right. He was indeed a good guy. Little bit of a boy, but still, a good guy.

They were walking down the street together, a comfortable silence installing between them. That is until he decided to speak again.

“Are you feeling better? You were pretty hammered at the party Tuesday.”

Sana nodded. “I’m fine. It’s not a big deal. I was just kinda drunk.”

Jackson hummed in agreement. “Is your forehead doing better too?”

She answered with a soft laugh. “Yeah. Now it’s just a small bump. But anyway, what are you majoring in? You never told me.” Just as she said that, they were now walking near Korea University, watching the other students leave. She sighed. It was one of the most prestigious universities in the country. Sana once tried to enter too but was refused.

She heard that Jackson was talking to her, but her attention was diverted away from his answer as a familiar face struck to her among the large crowd of students.

Momo.

Sana’s jaw dropped to the ground. So Momo studied here. Hell, she must be unbelievably smart. Momo was clutching a book closely to her chest. Her face was barely recognizable as she was wearing a hoodie, pulled up on her head. But Sana saw her face for a second, she knew it was her. She squinted trying to read the girl’s expression. But she was walking away fast. Almost running. Sana turned back quickly to Jackson, who was still talking.

“Uh, sorry Jackson, I gotta go now.”

With that said, she immediately took another direction, following Momo.

And it seems like she wasn’t the only one. Two guys were a few meters away from Momo, closely following her. So that’s why she was walking fast.

Sana frowned. It was hard keeping up with her. Was it a good idea in the first place? How would Momo react?

But she didn’t have time to think. Soon enough, Momo walked in the public library, with the guys still behind her. Sana followed.

She turned a few times, along with the boys. And as soon as no one seemed to be around, Momo started running, trying to hide among the large bookshelves.

“Stop running Hirai!” The seemingly younger of the two boys spoke, still chasing her. They went in the female bathroom’s direction.

Sana swallowed hard as she watched the situation go down. She couldn’t just stand here and wait. She went the opposite way, and ran as fast as she could to get the security guard while praying that her heels don’t snap under her.

When she came back, with the guard of course, she could hear the men speaking from the bathroom. Both her and the guard burst through the door, to see Momo cornered against the wall by the two guys.

“What the hell is going on in here?!” As the guard’s loud voice hit their ears, the three turned around. Now Sana could get a clearer view of Momo’s face. Dark circles under her eyes just like the last time, glasses sitting on her nose and…was that a fresh cut on her cheek? The worry written all over Sana’s face became even stronger. And Momo’s large eyes looking back at her probably noticed that.

The older of the two men spoke. “Ah, we were just talking. We have an affair to resolve.” The other man hummed while Momo just stayed silent, fixated on Sana.

“Well, Miss told me that you were chasing your “friend” while yelling at her. And this is women’s bathroom, you have nothing to do here anyways. Get out.” Thank god the guard was a woman too. A physically strong one. The two men looked at eachother, then Momo, whose eyes were now looking at the ground.

They didn’t take too long to leave though. One of them nudged the other with his elbow, and the next second, they were already walking out.

“Do you need help with anything else?” The guard turned to Sana, still standing at the door and then to Momo.

Sana’s eyes tried to catch Momo’s but she was still looking down.

“No, thank you. It’s fine.” Sana bowed in front of the guard, and then watched her leave.

As soon as she was gone, Sana immediately ran up to Momo, head still hanging low.

“Momo.”

“Sana. Y-you’re here.” Momo’s voice was weak, kinda shaky and quiet.

“Yes. I’m here. It’s okay.” Sana carefully lifted her hands up to the edge of Momo’s hoodie. “Can I see?”

Momo nodded shyly, clutching her book tighter to her chest, as Sana took off her hood. It gave Sana a better look at her face, and the cut on her cheek. She gasped softly, instinctively running her thumb over Momo’s cheek, right under the cut; that made the other girl wince.

Sana immediately retreated her finger. That was kinda embarrassing. “L-let me clear it up.” Momo just nodded once. Again. It was probably awkward for her too.

She walked over to the sink, took a tissue out of her bag and wet it. “Come here.” Momo looked back at her, then did as Sana told her.

“It’s gonna hurt a little.” Sana said while approaching the other girl with the tissue. Momo remained silent, just biting on her lower lip. Sana was focused on the other’s wound, softly dabbing on it with the tissue.

Without Sana even noticing, her own eyes sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter