The Light: Lacerated

The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After washing the dishes and utensils that had been used for breakfast, Yoongi went inside to take a shower and while Taehyung took his, Yoongi went through his notebook, making a mental note of the times and places mentioned. Changing into comfortable clothes, he sat on the couch, flanked by Soonshim and Holly, waiting for Taehyung so they could set out.

Taehyung dressed up slowly after showering as he kept assuring himself it would be fine, but he kept doubting himself as he looked in the mirror while dressing up. Fidgeting with the fabric of his blouse. As he walked out he looked at Yoongi and sat down next to him on the couch, his muscles tense from the nervousness in his body.

Yoongi looked at him. He couldn't stop thinking about how his people's skills were terrible. If he could, he would try to take away all of his nervousness, maybe make him laugh a bit but it wasn't something Yoongi could do. So he said what he thought would help.

"I'm here." Scrunching his eyes up, he slapped himself mentally.

"I mean, I have your back. You don't even have to do anything, you can try it later. Anyways, whatever it is, you're not alone because I'm here," he finally finished and chewed on the inside of his cheek. Taehyung chuckled lightly at Yoongi's mess up in words.

"I know," he said with a slight smile as he turned his body to Yoongi, giving him all his focus. "I mean you are literally here, in my mind," he said, hoping to lighten the slight tension that was always between them.

Yoongi chuckled, "mind and body, I'm all here and all yours." After thinking his words through for a second time... He wasn't sure about his choice of words.

"You know, to help you and whatever," he added hastily, eyes widening.

"I dislike this awkwardness, I'm sorry about this," Yoongi said honestly, scratching the back of his neck.

"You're the first... Human? Soul? Individual, I guess... That I've interacted with so extensively in the past few centuries. It's only been Holly and me," he shrugged, hoping he could explain it to Taehyung better when really, he felt like he was rambling. Taehyung frowned.

"For how long?" Taehyung asked more rhetorical as he looked at Holly. "How do you survive that, being alone for so long," he said as he looked at Yoongi again.

Yoongi shrugged. "I didn't really have time to dwell on it. Or maybe, I didn't give myself that time so I never really felt it. I've told you before right? I've only ever interacted with Hoseok even when I was alive so," he pauses to shrug, "I guess the loss of one person didn't change much in me."

"You loved that person, It probably did change you," Taehyung recalled as he bit his lip, regretting his impulse of saying those words, only thinking them through after saying them.

"I might have changed, but no one knows about that change now. No one is alive from those who knew me then. I don't even remember what I felt for him anymore. All I know is that I miss him. But that's a very vague feeling, isn't it," Yoongi said with a small snort. Taehyung shrugged lightly, he wasn't sure. Missing someone was weird, it was different for everyone, everyone dealt with it differently.

"So are you ready to go? We have like fifteen minutes before we need to collect the soul. It's easy since this one dies because of a traffic accident," Yoongi said finally after letting Taehyung down in his thoughts for a few minutes.

"Yes sure," Taehyung mumbled as he nodded and looked at Yoongi. "Where do we go to then?"

"Seoul. Back to where we all started," Yoongi grinned, a wistful undertone prominent in his low voice.

"Isn't there a great chance I meet someone I know?" Taehyung said, as he looked at Yoongi and bit the inside of his cheek.

"Which is why you're with me. We won't be seen unless we will them to," Yoongi explained. "Like I do often watch my targets for a while. Would be creepy if they could see me," he shrugged, scruffing his shoes against the tiled floor.

"I guess," Taehyung said as he shrugged and looked at Yoongi. "So where in Seoul will we go?" Taehyung asked before he gave Soonshim a pat on his head because the dog kept asking for his attention.

"The Itaewon crossing. Right outside the subway station actually," Yoongi said, suddenly remembering he needed his scissors. He hurr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter