The Light: Distanced

The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung waited for Yoongi to return while playing with the two dogs, as soon as the door opened again Taehyung looked up and smiled at Yoongi. Taking the honey to the kitchen and warm up the water. As soon as he finished drinking the sweet warm liquid he smiled again as the sweet taste spread through his mouth.

"So will we go to France?" Taehyung asked finally after some time.

"Yeah, we will now," he said as he walked up to Soonshim, petting his fur gently to calm the dog around him enough so he could carry it.

"If you're ready, I'm ready," Yoongi said, wrapping his arms around Soonshim, picking him up effortlessly as he stood.

"Hold on to me and we can go," he said, looking at Taehyung finally, the dog in his arms wagging his tail wildly. Taehyung put his arm unsurely on Yoongi's sleeve which made the older smile with a roll of his eyes.

"Holly, to Lyon," he told his dog and closed his eyes, concentrating on the familiar lavish apartment he had set up over a course of decades, immediately finding the air around him change as the picture formed clearly in his head along with his desire to be there. Opening his eyes, he put Soonshim down, Holly appearing not much later before he pulled Taehyung's hand away from his sleeve.

"You can open your eyes now," Yoongi told him, tidying the little bit of mess he had left behind last time.

Taehyung slowly and carefully opened his eyes to see him standing in a somewhat bigger apartment in France. There was a beautiful view on some fields. Taehyung was delighted to see Soonshim already walking around the house. Taehyung looked around the house to see quite a modern interior, it suited Yoongi.

"So shouldn't you do your job or something?"

"Yeah, I'm leaving. Why are you such a busybody?" Yoongi frowned at him, glaring at him slightly before going around the house to make sure things were available for Taehyung to use.

"So warm water is always available, the drawer in the table has menus for take out when you want, all possible cuisines that I found here have their booklet in there. I'm leaving my wallet. For the PIN, you can enter whichever combination of numbers you want to use. The payment will go through because that's just how things work in our world so you don't need to worry about that. As for Soonshim and Holly, there's food right here," he pointed to a cabinet.

"The bowls are in the kitchen and you can go out but always take your keys. Be careful of pickpockets and I hope you know the language," Yoongi finished before walking to the bedroom, changing into warmer clothes for his work and grabbing his phone, it's charger and earphones for using while he was away. And with that, he wordlessly disappeared.

Taehyung nodded with Yoongi's words and as he left he took a shower and spend the day in the house. He only came in a little trouble when he went for groceries, but without knowing a word french and barely knowing English. Eventually he saved himself with doing groceries and got back to the apartment while he made dinner, hoping Yoongi would eventually come back, not expecting it.

Yoongi huffed as he noted down another book of memories in the archives before pushing it into the right slot. He was tired and as always, he had no motivation to work efficiently other than the idea of sinking into a soft bed and closing his eyes and just not hearing souls after being deafened by them for days on end. So he continued to push his way through his work. As if he was being punished, he was the only one in the archives library which meant he was going to have to arrange it all by himself. This had happened once before in this century but back then he had a companion so he could finish quicker. Sighing heavily, he moved on.

Taehyung noticed Yoongi's irritation in his mind and wanted to do something to cheer Yoongi up a little bit, no idea what he'd do to cheer Yoongi up he texted him. 'When are you finishing? I'm going to make dinner' he sent to Yoongi hoping he would reply.

A couple of hours later, when Yoongi was finally done with a shelf, he looked at his phone to respond to the vibration he had felt quite a while back. Looking at the text, he sighed. He was burdening him, wasn't he? 'I'm not coming back for two weeks' he texted back before closing out their connection. Taehyung didn't have to know about him and his agitation, he hadn't even asked for this connection. But he would have definitely felt the emotion if he was texting him.

Taehyung felt sad when he received the text back but he had already finished washing up it didn't matter.

The first week passed slowly. It passed peacefully for Taehyung where he noticed that Yoongi had shut down their connection again, slightly annoying Taehyung with this. Eventually the apartment got too lonely for the extrovert to handle and so Taehyung texted Yoongi. 'Don't cut yourself off,,,' he sent as he sat on the couch of the apartment again, looking over the view of the fields.

Yoongi finished working on one section and moved away, going to the entrance where Willem stopped him.

"Going back to see lover boy?" he asked guarding the door. All powers were stripped off from the reapers for as long as they stayed inside. So Yoongi could only to back to Taehyung by leaving.

"He's not my lover neither is he a boy," Yoongi sighed. He knew there was no way around this. "He's just a companion and we share a similar mindset-"

"Lover boy," Willem insisted.

"Okay I barely know him, I barely have conversations with him, I am still formal with him. Yes in my mind he might resemble Hoseok a bit but that doesn't make him Hoseok. Yes maybe I was looking for love when I turned him but I haven't found it. But he is still my responsibility," Yoongi grumbled and pushed past Willem, vanishing as soon as he stepped past the threshold, appearing in the bedroom so he didn't freak Taehyung out again.

"I'd stop blocking our connection if I was feeling anything other than irritation," Yoongi told Taehyung as he walked to the couch, sitting on the other end.

"It's okay," Taehyung said as he took another sip from the glass of cola he had standing on the coffee table while he reached for the TV remote to pause his movie.

"Did you manage okay? I need to go soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter