The Light: Closer

The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of hours had passed by the time Yoongi came back. Just for a "goodbye" and to take Holly away. Yoongi came back as suddenly as last time, appearing right behind Taehyung, tapping his shoulder. 

"Sorry about my sudden appearance but I felt your...your nervous...nervousness? Over our link," Yoongi explained, racing with his words. He knew he'd have to explain it all to Taehyung. How would he explain why he didn't take his soul when he wasn't sure himself? Taehyung turned around, taking a step back in surprise by Yoongi's sudden appearance. 

"What do you mean our link?" Taehyung said, eyebrow raised as he continued to walk through his house while doing chores in his house. 

"I really need you to explain this to me." Yoongi sat himself down on the couch, watching Taehyung work. 

"Well... Let me start from the end. I'm a soul reaper and because I shared some of my soul with you, I've transferred my immortality to you. I don't know how that works but yeah, that's how it goes. Why you? I don't know. I asked myself this too but I couldn't come up with anything so I'm tagging it as boredom for now. Because of our exchange of souls, or rather bits of our souls, we are now eternally connected. There are other ways of making someone immortal but this is the only way in which the creator has a link with the created. So technically, I can hear your thoughts over the link and it's a constant connection. Blocking it like I did needs some practice but can be done. But you can snap it off till either of us is dead. Oh which brings me to this, we can die. Only if God wants us to. Sounds strange but God does exist. Sort of like a boss, he just manages everything and if he's dissatisfied with you enough, he'll fire you and that's how you'll disappear into nothingness or in mortal language, die. Is there anything else you want to know?" Yoongi didn't lift his head but his eyes found Taehyung regardless, curious about his reaction. Taehyung stopped doing the chores as he looked up, eyebrow raised high as he looked up to Yoongi, nodding slowly. 

"Okay, so we're just connected to each other?" Taehyung mumbled, more talking to himself to process everything that was told to him.

"Yeah but probably in a more complex way than you think we are," Yoongi sighed, shifting on the couch. 

"But now the problem is you're not going to die easily and you were supposed to die. So you need to hide. I hid my scent for so long because you refused to drink that drink I made you that day a while back. I'm going to go away for work for a while again and this time I can't hide my scent because clearly your scent is a lot like mine, what with us having exchanged bits of our souls and everything... So you need to drink that drink when I make it this time. Do you think you can do that?" He looked up at Taehyung.

"Well if it doesn't have any really bad side effects, of course," Taehyung replied as he looked at Yoongi, he stood still in the middle of the room, an empty bowl in his hand, he was on his way to put it in the dishwasher as he stopped walking to reply to Yoongi.

"It shouldn't... It didn't have any when I drank it," Yoongi shrugged as he looked back down at his hands, frowning slightly at the thought of leaving Taehyung alone in a place where he was rather easy to discover without anyone to protect him. 

"Will you be able to live by yourself here?" he asked quietly, worried about his response to his question rather than the actual answer.

"Why would I not be able to?" Taehyung replied as he walked to the kitchen again to fill the dishwasher, turning around with his eyebrow raised as he looked at Yoongi. Not knowing why he wouldn't be able to live the way he had for 3 years now.

"Well... You're supposed to be dead. And you're not. Nor do you have a date on your arm anymore. I'm a passing face, no one remembers me unless I want them to. But you, you had a life here. Your friends are here and you could run into them... It could get troublesome," Yoongi tried to explain as he continued to fiddle with his fingers. Taehyung remembered. Yes he had a life, and he had said goodbye to everyone.

"That's true," he mumbled inaudibly as he thought about how he of course wanted to meet his friend Jimin again, but of course couldn't. Yoongi sighed in his seat. 

“So? Do you think you can handle it? I could also take you across the world and you can live in a different country completely. I have several houses here and there," he asked, trying to give Taehyung options to help him. He didn't have much time till he needed to leave for the archives where he would undoubtedly spend at least a fortnight.

"Which countries? I want to know which picks I have," Taehyung said with a weak smile. He loved to travel but never had the chance to with the money he had.

"Well Italy and France. Romania, Bulgaria, Chad, Morocco, Algeria, Zimbabwe, Bahrain, Israel, Japan, The Philippines, Venezuela, Argentina, the list is long. Where would you like to go?" Yoongi said, tired of listing the countries he had been to the past couple of weeks.

"France sounds good," Taehyung replied with a smile as he sat down and looked at the dogs who were napping in their basket. "What about the dogs?"

"Take them? Holly has been everywhere with me, it doesn't matter to him," Yoongi shrugged as he walked over to the dogs, petting Holly's head adoringly before going back to the couch. 

"France it is then. It's not close to Paris though, it's in Lyon because I preferred it there," Yoongi said frowning, remembering the details of the neighborhood. It was safe for Taehyung. As long as he didn't attract attention.

"That's okay," Taehyung said. "How will we go there and when?" He asked as he looked at Yoongi.

"We'll go as soon as possible and we're teleporting, as weird as that sounds," Yoongi said while chewing on his lower lip in thought.

"How... do you teleport?" Taehyung replied as he bit the inside of his cheek nervously. This wasn't even surprising to him at this point since the weirdest things had happened now. Yoongi took a while to think it through. 

"Well, easily enough. You just need to picture the place you want to go to in your mind and really want to be there. And you don't have to do anything, just keep your eyes closed yeah?" He finally said after thinking about how he usually did it. He looked at Taehyung through his lashes.

"What if I mess up?" Taehyung asked Yoongi, a little afraid of the answer. He looked at Yoongi and nervously fiddled with his t-shirt.

"You don't have to do anything. You just have to hold on to me. But if you mean coming back on your own, why don't you find out by yourself?" Yoongi grinned, leaning back in his chair. "It's not like you'll die," he said with a raised eyebrow.

"What if it'll make me reveal myself?" Taehyung replied as he felt Soonshim nudging his nose against his hand. Taehyung continued to pet the dog while looking at Yoongi.

"If it would, I would've already told you to not try it out. Also please don't randomly show up at public places, those are annoying messes to get out of," Yoongi advised with a slight frown remembering his own misadventures with a slight shudder.

"Okay," Taehyung said as he stood up and walk to the kitchen. "Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter