The Light: Rejuvenated

The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed slowly. It always did when Yoongi had to sort through the archives of all humans that had died over all the years in a certain region. Yes, billions of them. After working tirelessly through it all, with very little help, Yoongi finally left the room. Pale and lifeless, he decided to not go back for the next century at least.

Teleporting as fast as he could, he got back to Lyon, where he knew he'd find company at last. Dragging himself to the only bed in the house, he collapsed in it falling asleep almost immediately.

Taehyung didn't notice Yoongi going to bed at all, maybe because he was watching youtube videos online with his headphones on. He opened the door to the bedroom he saw Yoongi lying on the bed. He silently dressed into his pajamas and got into a comfortable position next to Yoongi which was kind of hard because he wasn't familiar at all with Yoongi and wasn't comfortable around him yet.

It took him hours before he actually fell asleep and he woke up as soon as the sun shone through the windows of the room where he, again silently, woke up and dressed up to make breakfast for himself and the elder immortal.

Yoongi slept like he was dead. Of course, it's the usual. Days of no sleep and nightmares later, Yoongi had slipped into a dreamless sleep. Or rather, a coma. It was going to be short. Maybe a week at most but he needed that time to recuperate from all he faced behind those heavy, large double doors of the library.

So he felt nothing: nothing when Taehyung dipped the bed under his weight nor did he feel anything when he left. But how would Taehyung deal with this, the boy who barely knew anything about him? Was he even safe there? Yoongi was back but he was unconscious. It would be easy for him to be tracked down.

Taehyung wasn't completely surprised by Yoongi sleeping the whole first day, he had worked for a long time where he was so Taehyung didn't bother to try waking up Yoongi the first day, and he continued to watch movies like he had done the last weeks.

It started to worry Taehyung when Yoongi didn't wake up after day two, not even when Taehyung tried to do so. He didn't know if this was normal for Taehyung and also didn't know how to solve it or who to contact if he should call in help.

After the 168 hours of rest had passed, Yoongi woke up refreshed and nonchalant. Shaking himself out of his grogginess, he stretched slowly. Realising slowly that he was supposed to have company he looked beside him. He knew he had fallen asleep a whole week earlier but shouldn't Taehyung also be asleep? It was after all 3 am. He got out of bed with the blanket around his shoulders and padded sluggishly through the house.

Finally finding Taehyung curled up on the sofa made him frown. But instead of waking him up, he picked up the boy in his arms once he was sure he was dead asleep and took him to the bedroom. Luckily for him, he was past mortal constraints. So putting Taehyung in bed he tucked him in before going to stargaze on the balcony. His hand absentmindedly Holly who had gotten into his lap at some point after he sat on the recliner in the balcony.

Taehyung woke up shortly after, he was confused over his location, and after that, he realized that Yoongi wasn't in the bed anymore. Taehyung looked up and saw Yoongi sitting on the balcony with Holly on his lap. Taehyung stood up and checked the time on the alarm clock on the side of the bed and saw that it was about 4 am.

"You're awake," was the only thing Taehyung said as he walked onto the balcony to look out over the dark landscape of France.

"Yeah, I am. Shouldn't you be asleep as well?" Yoongi responded without looking at Taehyung. Holly hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter