The Light: Found

The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Light; Found

Taehyung walked into the bar, he was sure he was going to drink away his last night. The date on his wrist was set to be this evening. Today he was going to die, it didn't matter how he did, he was going to die at one point of this evening.

He opened the door to the bar and walked into the place where he sat down on one of the chairs while he ordered a drink and looked around, next to him was sitting a smaller boy, he looked older than Taehyung, the boy wasn't very muscular, he didn't look like the sports type of person in the first place. After ten minutes of staring at the boy, his drink on the counter in front of him, untouched. Taehyung decided to talk to the person next to him in the bar.

"Hey," Taehyung said, he hoped the smile on his face would make up for his total awkward greeting.

Looking at his next assignment, Yoongi nodded stiffly in greeting, offering a quiet "hello" in return. He swirled the whiskey around in his glass for a few seconds before downing it all in one gulp. Barely registering the burn that traveled down his gut, he nodded at the bartender to bring the next one. Taehyung had to admit he was slightly intimidated by the stranger in front of him but decided not to care and just smile as he took a sip from his drink and smiled.

"How is your day?" Taehyung asked, his voice cheerful hiding the sad end of today.

"The usual," Yoongi said in his usually low voice. "I'm going to go on work again soon," he checked his watch, "in about three hours." He offered Taehyung and awkward smile. He didn't know he'd have to speak to this Kim Taehyung before taking his soul away.

"What do you do for work?" Taehyung asked as he raised his eyebrow, looking at the guy in front of him.

Yoongi bit his lip as he thought about it, "logistics. I work with logistics you could say." He couldn't really say what he transported, could he? Especially since his soul would be one of the souls he'd be transporting to the nether world. Taehyung nodded and sighed.

"Today was a mess for me," he mumbled softly, remembering saying goodbye to everybody around him.

"Mess? Been a bad day? Maybe I could help by taking some weight off your tab," Yoongi said gesturing to his drink, insinuating to pay for his next one. It would be easier for him too.

"It's not like it will help," Taehyung replied as he uncovered his wrist and showed the date to Yoongi. "But I'll accept it," He continued with a weak smile as he emptied his glass, throwing his head back swallowing the drink that was in it.

"What's your name?" Taehyung asked as he ordered a whiskey, telling the bartender that the black haired boy next to him would pay.

"Min Yoongi," he said. "So you're planning on drinking to death? Away from loved ones?" He spoke again after he had ordered his own drink after Taehyung's arrived.

"At least I'll have fun," Taehyung said as he took the whiskey that was served for him while looking at the clock, only 9 PM. "It's awful how fake people are on your last day," Taehyung sighed remembering how much smiles he had seen, how much people had said they were going to miss him, meanwhile nobody probably truly cared about him.

"It's awful how late people realize that humans are fake," Yoongi said under his breath. "I'm a misanthrope, don't get me wrong," he said with a small smile. Humans were very selfish, it made him laugh how people were often deluded by how they were "loved" by others when they only ever do things to make themselves feel better. Humankind was very selfish. Taehyung nodded to Yoongi while he drank the whiskey, the liquid burning his throat.

"I think you're right," he said while he realized he hadn't even introduced himself to Yoongi. "I don't think I've told you my name," he said as he held out his hand. "Taehyung."

"It wouldn't have mattered if you didn't introduce yourself. I don't have a reason to remember you," Yoongi shrugged. "It's still a pleasure to meet you Taehyung," he nodded before downing some of his own drink.

"You're right," Taehyung said as he ordered another whiskey from the bartender as he looked at Yoongi again, something about Yoongi seemed different than to other people, Taehyung couldn't care less in the first place but it was interesting, maybe the reason he started talking to him.

Yoongi drank his drink in silence, mentally thinking about the other souls he had to collect after this one. He was routing out a map in his head when he was pulled out again by his next assignment.

"I think so far I had a good life, I hope the Animal shelter will have new help soon," Taehyung mumbled softly as he took another drink and smiled at Yoongi. "I just wish I wouldn't have had to die yet, but maybe it's a sacrifice for someone else," Taehyung mumbled softly as a weak smile appeared on his face, taking another sip from the whiskey in his hand. Pulling his eyes away from the raw whiskey in his glass, Yoongi looked at Taehyung.

"Sacrifice? You mean to say that you want to be replaced?" his voice was heavily laden with curiosity. Nobody wanted to be forgotten but here was a man who seemed content with his life and hoped to be replaced. Strange.

"I mean, if I'm going to die anyway, I don't have a function in this world anymore, well maybe my memories, but that's so meaningless, you learn more from experience," Taehyung said as he smiled at Yoongi, the guy whom he just had met. He had to admit that Yoongi wasn't the guy that Taehyung normally would speak to, but Yoongi did seem better of a choice than the businessman who seemed more busy with his phone than with his drinks.

"That's a great outlook. No one is permanent in this world so you're right. But as long as someone has lived a life and can say they're happy at the end, what more can they want, right?" Yoongi was speaking more to himself than to Taehyung. He never really came across anyone, Reaper or human, who shared his mindset. Maybe not his misanthropy, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter