The Light: Disappearing

The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was getting tougher and tougher for Yoongi. At the biweekly meetings, his superiors always said Yoongi seemed strange. They said their soul count seemed to be faulty. His colleagues smirked at him when the superiors failed to notice. However, when Willem glared straight into Yoongi's eyes, he was frozen.

That's when he knew that Taehyung needed to be hidden away. He didn't know how to get a weapon to Taehyung. He didn't know how to bring the green glint to Taehyung's eyes. He could of course- of course. He should have thought of it before. He needed to bring Adrian to his home or bring Taehyung to Adrian's office. But knowing Taehyung, he might eat some of those bone biscuits without knowing.

Before he knew it, he was texting Taehyung to come over to his house as soon as possible. He needed to mask his scent too. He got to work immediately, tossing his phone away to work on the concoction that would mask his scent to leave no trace of who he was or wasn't. It would have to do till he could convince Adrian to do one or the other.

Taehyung was surprised by Yoongi's text, but didn't ignore it, they had grown closer to each other and the text that Yoongi send seemed like something was wrong, he took his jacket and lifted up Soonshim, he still had to take the dog for a walk today, and Holly had already met Soonshim and they seemed to like each other so he hoped Yoongi wouldn't mind it. The walk took Taehyung fifteen minutes. He put his hand on the wood of the door to knock as the door opened in front of him. Yoongi strutted out to the living room.

"You've arrived, good. Um, I need you to drink something," Yoongi said as he closed the door behind Taehyung, glad for the lack of distance because Holly and Soonshim had already started yapping in joy of their reunion. "How are you feeling?" he asked as he tugged the jacket off of him, hanging it on the coat hanger.

"I'm feeling fine," Taehyung said, confused by Yoongi. Taehyung still followed him into the living room as he raised his eyebrow. "Why?"

"Don't worry about that. That's for me," Yoongi said before disappearing into the kitchen. His movements were hurried. Clearly, he had also altered Taehyung about his anxiety. He wasn't very good at hiding the slight tremble in his voice or the nervous fidgeting of his hands. He offered the glass with the concoction in it to Taehyung. He knew it would taste like coffee so he had made himself a cup of normal coffee too to match.

"Coffee?" He asked with a weak smile, his hands gripping his own mug.

"You know I don't even like coffee, I told you that before," Taehyung replied with his eyebrow still raised as he sat down on the couch in the living room. He didn't make it any easier for Yoongi to handle this off.

Yoongi sighed and shrugged, immediately forming another plan in his head. They both had similar scents now. Reapers weren't as perceptive as dogs so as long as he hid either of their smells, they'd be sorted. He instead engaged Taehyung in a normal conversation, cooking dinner with him that night, sending him away as normally as he usually did. That night, he worked. And he worked hard. That night he conjured up a drink that would hide his stronger scent, glad to see Holly growl at him. He knew his spirit dog could take care of himself so he set off.

Coming back for just his work in the area, he steered clear of his own house, letting cobwebs inhabit it instead. If Taehyung couldn't hide away, he would have to do he could alleviate the suspicion. And soon enough, at their meetings which he religiously attended, the suspicion dwindled down to nil, everything returning to norm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter