The Light: Flickering

The Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone through Taehyung's window that morning as Taehyung woke up, slight confusion as he woke up looking at his phone which was on his nightstand, he should've been dead yesterday. He looked over to his wrist as the date had disappeared.

He tried to remember what happened yesterday, his memories were blurred out as he sat up in his bed his finger tracing the place where the date of death normally was located. He remembered the person he met yesterday, Yoongi. The blurry memory of falling unconscious in the park shot into his mind. He had to find back Yoongi and explain to him what happened there in the park at midnight. Especially why he was still alive.

Yoongi went about on his usual routine, collecting souls from every nook and cranny of the city and of the province, his ability to teleport helping him avoid the bar where he had initially met Taehyung. But even with his busy schedule, he couldn't help but mentally glare at the thoughts of the younger male he had met earlier, seeping through the cracks in his heart. But he did what he did best, concentrate on his work. He did this mostly because any slacking off would be noticed. Yoongi let himself relax in the same bar on the same stool with the same drink a few nights into the exhausting week.

Taehyung mostly stayed inside, doing research on his laptop about this change in his body, but he couldn't find anything interesting or useful, so he went to the place where he had met Yoongi the first time, he didn't expect to find him there. But to his surprise, he did. He sat down on the stool next to Yoongi in the bar, his arm resting on the counter, as the same bartender from the last time raised his eyebrow at him, he had heard their talk last time. As soon as Taehyung sat down he smiled at the dark haired boy, only noticing now that Yoongi didn't have a date on his wrist. Yoongi tried not to make any sudden movements to give himself away.

He nodded at him, "you're still here." It was all he had to say to tell Taehyung he remembered him and that none of this was a dream. He lazily drank his cocktail, his eyes going over the shiny glasses and bottles up on the bar as decoration.

"Yeah, I am," Taehyung mumbled as he ordered a cocktail and frowned a bit. "What happened?" Taehyung asked, to kill his curiosity and explain the strange events. Yoongi shrugged.

"I left you so I can't say," he said hoping it would stop the questioning for the time being. He wasn't lying about it... Well, not completely anyways.

"I'm alive and you were there with me when I died, I suppose someone had to carry me to my apartment," Taehyung replied as he looked at Yoongi, his eyebrow raised as he took his hand through his hair in frustration of the short and cold answers that Yoongi gave him.

"Do you really think I can carry you? I'm definitely much lighter than you and I don't work out. Please use logic. I don't know what you want to know," Yoongi said, again speaking in half truths. He looked at the time and decided it was getting too close to his next assignment for comfort. "I'm going to leave first," he told Taehyung as he got off the bar stool.

Taehyung held Yoongi with his arm turning around to look at the reaper. "At least give me your phone number," Taehyung said as he took his phone out of his pocket and opened the contacts, entering in Yoongi's name.

Yoongi let out a deep sigh and rattled out the series of numbers that on dialing would reach him. Before Taehyung could react or say anything else Yoongi hightailed it out of there, almost late to his next job. Taehyung sighed as his eyes followed Yoongi while he finished his cocktail and went home again, texting Yoongi a simple 'Hi Taehyung here' before going to bed.

Coming back from his last assignment for about 3 hours, Yoongi laid down on his bed, finally pulling out his phone. He opened the message up, that waited for him. Lazily sending a 'hey' back, he locked his phone again before curling up for a couple of hours.

As Taehyung woke up that morning he stepped out of bed, first to feed Soonshim, his dog. After he made himself a cup of tea and took his phone from his nightstand and unlocked it. He sent a casual 'good morning', to Yoongi.

A boring busy morning greeted Yoongi in the form of back to back souls to collect. Using his shears, he cut off each of their threads, all of them glowing a dim red. His eyes watched lazily as the grey souls departed for the afterworld.

He later found himself cooking lunch for himself, putting his cinnamon buns inside the oven before his hand reached for his phone in his usual stoic manner. 'Good afternoon', he replied to Taehyung, some of his life coming back to him as he scanned the simple message. Was giving part of his life to Taehyung the reason why he was so blue today? He wouldn't know, it was his first time after all.

Taehyung was reading a book on his couch as he saw the screen of his phone lit up on the coffee table. He put the book down and reached for the phone, making Soonshim jump off his feet. 'Do you have any free time today?' Taehyung typed in, removing his words again and rethinking what to type, but retyping the words from before, he didn't have anything to do today anyway.

'Too much', Yoongi replied with a smirk after setting the tray aside for cooling till it reached consumable temperature. He sat down on his couch to wait, Holly appearing out of thin air onto his chest.

'Wanna meet up?' Taehyung typed into the bar, rereading for typo's in his text, he was quite known for those, before sending it to Yoongi.

'Depends on when, where and if you're paying' Yoongi replied as he cracked his eyes open to stare at his screen.

'My place?' Taehyung sent back as he played around with his phone in his hands. Yoongi sat down on his couch again with a bun in his hand, typing with his right hand.

'Because I can teleport there just because it's your house, right?' he rolled his eyes as he pressed send.

'Well get a car or smth' Taehyung sent. He sighed deep as he felt Soonshim walking over his legs again, resting his full weight on his legs. Yoongi hummed as he curled up.

'Sure. When?' he sent back as he prepared to sleep again to rid himself of the ache in his bones. Taehyung looked at the clock to see it was almost 1 PM.

'at 2? Do I need to send you the address?' He sent as he lifted Soonshim up off his legs and walked into his kitchen to get a glass of water.

'Can we meet later? I'm sleepy and not bothered to move. Or you could come to mine,' he sent along with his location attached, smiling to himself with satisfaction.

'I can come to your place' Taehyung send back as he walked into his room to look into his closet, he was still wearing his sweatpants and the t-shirt he slept in. He pulled out a blue button up blouse and a pair of black loose fitting pants.

Yoongi pushed himself out of his couch and quickly cleaned up before unlocking his door. Going back to lie in his bed beside Holly. He texted Taehyung about his open door and his decision to sleep. He wasn't thinking straight he was sure.

Taehyung took his jacket and walked into the day, it wasn't too cold outside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter