Six: The World's Too Small

Accidentally Engaged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun was never the one to cry. He never cried when his mother didn't buy him his favorite action figure, he never cried when his father didn't attend his graduation because he was too busy. Hell, he didn't shed a single tear when he was rejected in his first audition. So now you know he is not the type to cry. Because crying is for the weak and Byun Baekhyun is anything but that. He is a strong, mature, independent man who does not need anyone in his life who could hurt him so much to make him look ugly with snot running down his nose. But that changed when that ing bastard, that mothering cheater, Oh Sehun entered his life and made Baekhyun go crazy over him. So crazy that he finds himself sitting near Han River alone, with a half-emptied bottle of Soju in his hands. His manager is going to kill him for drinking but he does not care. Everyone can just go themselves and leave him alone to cry in peace. Pathetic, isn't he? But he just ing broke up with the love of his life, how else do you expect him to react? 

"-burp-hole." 

He cried and took another long sip from the bottle. If only he had known love hurts like a , he wouldn't have allowed himself to go weak when Sehun started courting him. If he knew he would spend a night like this, ruining his expensive clothes with snot and tears, he wouldn't have allowed his heart to flutter whenever Sehun smiled his way. If he only ing knew Sehun wasn't even going to stop him and tell they were okay when he broke up with him, he wouldn't have let him build a ing palace in his heart! But he knew nothing and now here he is, suffering alone with the pale moon and Han river being the only witnesses. 

"I want to ing kill you!" he screamed. "I will kill you and I will feed the sharks with your rotten body! Just you wait! Just you w-"

"Are you sure about that?" Baekhyun's breath caught in his windpipe when he felt a presence behind him. The grip on his bottle slowly loosened as he felt the figure suddenly getting nearer. His heart almost exploded when he realized he wasn't having his mask on him. , now the world is going to see how ugly he looks when he cries. His fans are going to see what potato he is with all the snot and salty water running down his face and will stop admiring him. Moreover, if anyone finds him drinking near the Han, they're going to think the rumor going on about him and Sehun is... true; which technically is, or was, and that's the last thing Baekhyun needs right now. 

"Who're you? Show me your face!" Baekhyun cursed out mentally. He was suddenly regretting all his life decisions, especially of thinking that no one will be coming here in the dead of the night so he shouldn't bring his mask with him. But now it's done. He's done. Finished. This person who's now right behind him will tell the world how miserable Byun Baekhyun really is. Everyone will laugh at him, even that idiot Luhan.

"Who're you?"

Baekhyun gulped in horror. What should he do now? Where should he run? Where should he hide? Should he take a jump in the river? But he does not how to swim. Damn it! Maybe running is the best option for now. 

"Uh,-" Shifting in his position, Baekhyun slowly but efficiently stood up on his knees and wandered his eyes to see where he had parked his car. Finding it in the right from where he was, he bit his lip and took a step ahead. 

"Have a... a good night-ACK! YA!" 

"Hmm, I knew you were going to run away. Tsk tsk tsk. Such a fool. Don't you know you can't run away from the police?"

"Po-police?" 

"Umm-hmm! Police! Now let me see where I have put my cuffs so that I can-" While the officer was busy searching for his handcuffs, Baekhyun took the luxury to retry his running plan only to be held back again.  God, this officer was strong. 

"Wandering out of your house in the middle of the night, drinking and loitering around, plotting a murder, defying an officer's order and now running away, twice. Should I put you in prison?" Baekhyun cried a river internally. Why is this night only getting worse for him? Why are his stars not shining down upon him? Why why wh- oh wait. Maybe they just did because Baekhyun just remembered an exact scene from Sehun's movie where he had played the role of a cop. And if that idea worked there in the reel life, it should work in real life too right? Hence clearing his throat, the Kpop Idol side eyed the officer and whispered.

"If you'll let me go... then I'll .... I'll give you 1 million Won." 

Silence. Complete silence and a small smirk appeared on his face because duh, money does buy everyt-

"Ooooh, now you're down to bribery huh? Seriously kids these days! What are you-" 

"I AM NOT A KID!" Baekhyun snapped and turned around to face the abominable man with a strength he didn't know he possessed.

"I AM NO ING KID YOU VILE PEASANT! I AM THE AWESOME-"

"Byun freaking Baekhyun." 

"DAMN RIGHT I AM BYUN BAEKH- YAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THE OFF ME! UGGHH!!!"

But the poor officer didn't even lift his finger and stayed atop the singer, all dead and smiling. 

I finally met you, my dream...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"This is all because of you." 

"Excuse me?" Luhan looked incredulously at Sehun who was glaring back at him. Has this guy totally lost his ? For a moment, the Chinese chef had thought of consoling the heartbroken man with a cup of hot chocolate but now, he only wishes to poison him. Oblivious to the murderous intentions of his fake fiance, Sehun runs a hand through his thick hairs in frustration before letting out a groan. It was beyond his understanding as to why suddenly his dreamy life turned into a nerve-wracking disaster! What has he ever done to deserve this?

"You are the cause of all of this! You are why Baekhyun broke up with me! It's because of you I am stuck in this ing ty mess! You ruined EVERYTHING for me!" 

If Luhan wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter