Five: The Interview

Accidentally Engaged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan has seen Byun Baekhyun before.

A lot many times.

How can anyone miss out on him when his face was all over the web, the TV, newspapers, the streets... and well, pretty much everywhere? How can they not stop and stare at such a beautiful yet handsome face? He has seen people missing their buses at the stop because they were too busy drooling over the singer. He has seen Yixing, who was a pro baker for your information, burning up his tart because he was lost in the Idol's soulful voice and couldn't hear the microwave. Even Kris, who was a very tough guy couldn't help but have stars in his eyes when one of the other chefs gifted him Baekhyun's new album last Christmas.
So you see, Luhan has seen Byun Baekhyun since God knows when but standing this close to the worshipped Idol and seeing him with his very own eyes, he realized how injustice the media did to him. Baekhyun, from this close, was absolutely breathtaking. His soft brown locks, his flawless face, his puppy eyes which seemed to shine under the dim light, those red lips and that thin yet manly frame, every inch of him screamed unrivaled beauty. Luhan had been called beautiful too, but now that the Nation's Singer was mere inches away from him, he realized he was not even a percent of what the other was. No wonder why Sehun fell for someone like him. In fact, he would too if he wasn't so head over heels for Jongin. Anyone would. And suddenly Luhan was feeling insecure. But more than that, he was tired and frustrated with the ongoing events so he let his snarky side take over his insecure one.

"I know," said the Chef flatly. "How can I not when it's you because of whom I am in thi-ffhhmmmm!"

"AHAHAHAHAHA... Luhan, don't you have water boiling on the stove?" Sehun laughed awkwardly as he covered Luhan's big mouth and shot him a 'don't you ing dare' look. Luhan glared at the taller before sinking his canines into his palm. 

"YA!" Sehun hissed and jerked his hand away. He was so ready to give an earful to the idiot when they both felt someone looking at them intensely.

"Are you done now?" Baekhyun snapped and barged into the penthouse with a careful Sehun and scowling Luhan following him, his insides furious at his fake fiance. If the limp noodle hadn't butted in and stopped him from finishing his words, he would've been happily packing his luggage at the moment and getting the hell out of this scandal. He could be free! But no! This limp noodle got in his way and ruined everything!

"," Luhan muttered under his breath and shot lasers at the back of Sehun's head. As the trio settled down on the expensive leather, an awkward silence engulfed them. Luhan was busy plotting a plan for his independence while Baekhyun was busy studying the chef up and down. The silence became so thick that Sehun had to clear his throat, which he regretted right away. This unwanted attention he got from the two of them was quite...disturbing.

"So, uh... when did you come back?"

Baekhyun raised a brow and the actor wished for the ground to open up and swallow him. Seriously, what was he thinking when he asked such a stupid question? But now that he has asked it, he just prayed that the smaller male won't have his head for a late supper.

"I see you have forgotten me already, Sehunnie. Is your fiance treating you that right, huh?" Sehun gulped at the sickeningly sweet voice and bit his lip hard.

"I... I haven't."

"Then why is the stupid media gushing about this ugly creature and you like you both are some sort of Power Couple?"

Baekhyun looked hurt and the tall actor wanted nothing but to tell him everything. In their year-long relationship, Sehun has never seen him this sad, let alone see the tears forming in his beautiful eyes. He has always seen Baekhyun being a diva, being the Idol he was but never.... crying and this broke his heart into pieces. They both shared everything with one another, all their insecurities, their happiness, anger, everything, and Sehun was dying to tell him about this absurd contract thing Dongwook has put him into. But then given his small boyfriend's outspoken nature, he had to keep his lips sealed. He will be dead meat if the CEO finds out that he has told Baekhyun about it. And if that wasn't the only case, the media will be breathing down their neck once again, making their lives miserable and that was the last thing Sehun needed right now. He wanted his and Baekhyun's relationship to be accepted open-heartedly. He wanted them to be as normal as the other couples, go on dates near the Han River, have their locks in the Namsan Tower and every other thing he has done in the dramas and the movies as a lover; which was not possible given their statuses though. Still, the young actor wished for it. It's only six months anyway and Sehun was sure it will pass off without any of them noticing. Luhan will be out of his life and then they can freely announce their relationship to the world. Maybe even get married. Have kids. Adopt a puppy. Or a kitten if Baekhyun wants. Maybe even the whole zoo. The thought alone brought a smile on Sehun's face; which didn't sit well with the furious singer.

"You think it's funny? You think I am joking? Why the are you smili-"

"I missed you," Ignoring every word that escaped his mouth and Luhan's presence, Sehun pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug and rested his head on his frail shoulders. As the familiar scent of his lover hit his nose, Baekhyun's emotions began to calm down. He missed Sehun too. So so badly and all he wanted to do was to hold him back tight and never let go. So, forgetting about everything, he hugged the taller back and smiled fondly in his chest. 

"I missed you too."

"Great. So now you two can just go to Mr. Lee and tell hi-"

Snap!

Snap!

Both Sehun and Baekhyun pulled away from each other, faces alarmed and eyes roaming throughout the room. Luhan blinked in confusion, his non-celebrity mind not able to understand why Sehun was checking each and every corner of the house until he turned to the huge glass window. And his jaw hit the floor, hard.

"."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun Cheating on his Fiance? 
Seoul, 24th June 2018.

"It had been only a few hours after that the South Korean Prince, Oh Sehun, 25, who has declared himself off the market was seen with the South Korean Idol Byun Baekhyun, 25, in his penthouse. Sehun, who starred in the super hit blockbuster 'EXO Next Door' had admitted on June 23 that he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter