Three: The Contract

Accidentally Engaged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being a celebrity is not easy.

Predatory eyes are always watching you, ears with supersonic hearing abilities are listening to you breathe, and analytical minds that could even surpass Sherlock Holmes are all around you to judge your entire existence. As their time passes by in the industry, they get used to all the love and hate they get. Sometimes it hurt, sometimes it brings a big smile to their faces but other than that, the lives of the stars is kind of nice. You get to visit new places, meet new people and all the other bucket-list stuff gets fulfilled.

However, when we talk about the South Korean celebs, well, their lives isn't all rainbows and unicorns all the times-credits to both their beloved fans and anti-fans.

For the fans (and the antis), their favorite celebrities are not humans; they are their private property. How can they not be when all this glamour and stardom is because of their fans' unconditional and undying love? As their owner, their fans have every right to point out when they need to starve or stuff themselves, when they're being rude or polite, when they can date or marry. Or maybe just stay single forever as a punishment because they cannot be in a relationship with anyone else except for the person you ship them with. If they love you for who you are, your career chart will skyrocket in just a few hours, but if you are not accepted by them, or if your words or actions are deemed to be rude, impolite and insensitive, then get ready to crash on the ground! So now you see how attached the fans are to their favorite, God-like celebrities? They go rabid if any of the mentioned ordeals happen, just like right now-

"WE WANT AN EXPLANATION!" The female fans who had gathered outside the SM office screamed in the cameras. Their tone was laced with anger and eyes showed rage. This thing-whatever bull they were telling about their Oppa was so not acceptable to them. How can their Oppa betray them like this? How can he just pop out the question and decide to settle down when they were dying for him? How in the ing world can he??

"SEHUN OPPA IS A TRAITOR! " A scowling young girl suddenly jumped in front of the cameras and yelled at the top of her lungs. Another fan followed her comrade and gritted her teeth.

"GET HIM OUT TO TALK OR WE WILL BREAK IN! "

And it took only a fraction of a second for the other broken-hearts to follow the two and give a heart-attack not only to the already panicked security as they tried to barge into the building but also to the viewers sitting inside the SM campus.  

"Okay, they are scary," Sehun mumbled as the scene flashed on the 40 inches flat TV screen. 

"Scarier than the monsters of Ghost Town," Zitao said gravely with Luhan nodding his head in agreement. How can he not when he was one of the victims? Those crazy, mindless es ruined his morning. And his face.  

"So what now?" Junmyeon looked at Dongwook concerned. "What are we going to do about this situation CEO-nim?"

"I already have decided on this."

Everyone in the room turned their attention to the CEO and waited for his next golden words holding their breaths. Sehun even had his fingers crossed, praying to every God he had ever known hoping that Dongwook was not kidding and will get him out of this nightmare. He made a mental note not to throw too many tantrums in front of the elder if he really ends this worst of a dream. They waited and waited and finally when a millennium had passed, they were finally blessed with his voice..

"You two are going to admit that you're getting married and that's it!"

...or not.

"WHAT?!?" The two males exclaimed. 

"Have you completely lost it hyung?" The young actor snapped. "Do you even know what you're talking about?"

"Of course I-" But Dongwook had to shut up as Luhan interrupted him.

"Mr. CEO-ssi, I know you're older and all but seriously, have you really lost it? I am not getting married anytime soon, especially not to this brat here! Just find someone else!"

" Are you crazy? Wow. Do you even know who I am? How dare you deny me?"

"Oh, did I hurt your obnoxious self? Sorry not sorry! But aren't we in the same boat for now? So just man up and deny your Boss's idea."  Luhan said with a roll of his eyes.

"Ya shorty-"

"Excuse me I am not short." Luhan huffs, crossing his arm over his chest. Sehun let out a groan and turned to his Boss. 

"We can't even tolerate each other for five seconds in real life and yet you want me to act with this insane kid? Do you want me to go rabid by approving your nonsensical idea?"

"Wah, you're such a brat. How can you talk like this with your own Boss?" Luhan said in disbelief.

"Mind your own ing business will you?!"

"ENOUGH!" Dongwook finally slammed his hands down on the mahogany table and glared at the two bickering males. "You guys are going in front of the media in an hour and going to say what I have told you to say."

"But-" Both Sehun and Luhan opened their mouth to protest at the same time only to be stopped by the elder.

"Six months," the CEO said in a firm tone. "Just pretend to be together for six months and after that, you are both free to call it off."

"Why can't you just say that it was just for some shoot? Or better yet, find someone else who can replace me and be his fake fiance? My face wasn't even that clear in the photos."

"Who else should I get in this small amount of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter