Four: The Boyfriend

Accidentally Engaged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan rips the bag of chips and stuffs his mouth with it.

He wasn't even completely done with it when he takes a spoonful of his favorite red velvet cake shoved it in. Whenever he is stressed, he likes to eat his emotions away. Chanyeol had once pointed out that he eats like a pig when something was freaking him out but he doesn't care. It's his way of dodging the lemons life sometimes liked to throw at him. At least he was not crying or poising his precious liver with alcohol. Life is valuable and Luhan wants to live healthy and happy. 

He would've also added longer but his life expectancy suddenly felt threatened and in danger. After witnessing the craziness and anger of Sehun's fans, he realized him breathing and stuffing his face under his warm, blue covers was nothing sort of a miracle and he wanted to savor every second of it. work and healthy lifestyle. He will stay hidden in his room and will like to get fat instead of getting stabbed and ripped into pieces. He was about to devour another piece of the cake when his spoon stopped right in front of his mouth. What if he really gets fat? Will he look ugly? The Chinese chef unconsciously touched his flat belly. According to a certain limp noodle, if he was hideous at this point, then what will he call him when he will, in future, have a protruding belly and chubby cheeks? The thought alone was enough to drop the spoon that held hundreds of calorie and he jumped out of his bed, running his way to the dresser. A sigh escaped his mouth when he lifted his loose shirt up only to find his stomach still intact. 

"That Oh ing Sehun," Luhan angrily collects his eatables and proceeds toward the kitchen to shove them back in their respective places. After the press-con had ended, Dongwook let him sign the contract stating that he agrees to be Sehun's fake fiance (God help me!) and that he'll get his fancy restaurant in Gangnam to fulfill his dream of owning one. He was also promised a big amount of money and trained staffs for his place but Luhan simply rejected the offer. He may have agreed to the restaurant part without much hesitation but he wasn't that petty. He was a very self-indulged man. 

"Of all people, why does it have to be?" The young chef pouts before making sure he had enough food just in case his emotional side overpowers the unfortunate situation that has been enforced upon him. He was on his way back to his safe haven when he noticed Chanyeol sitting on the couch, watching the telecast of Luhan's conference from earlier. Self-consciousness seeped into his system and dashing towards the living area, he jumped in front of the television, blocking his best friend slash room-mate's view.

"Don't watch it! I look ugly!" Chanyeol ignored him and pushed him slightly to the other side. 

"YA! Stop being a meanie! I didn't betray you!"

The Yoda-ears has been ignoring him since he came back. He didn't even ask about what happened in the morning or why was he wearing the kind of clothes and makeup he couldn't afford which was so-not-Chanyeol-style and it irked Luhan to no end. Chanyeol too felt bad for being cold to his best friend and wanted nothing but to jump on him and take out all the information that he needed to know. However, Luhan broke their bro-code by keeping a secret and thus he is not talking to him. Ever. 

"I know you think I kept a secret from you but I swear I didn't do anything! It's not even my fault! This is all a misunderstanding! Trust me Yeollie~"

Chanyeol grimaces, denying to look at the petite male. He knew Luhan was making puppy faces and there was no way in hell one could resist such cuteness. Even for someone like him who has spent half of his life living with the doe-eyed male. Getting no response, Luhan was left with no option but to pull out the wire from the socket to get his attention and he got it when Chanyeol advanced towards him.  

"What the-"

"Will you talk to me now?" Luhan asks hopefully. 

There was a silence before Chanyeol spoke with a straight face (or at least tried to).

 "Not until you tell me why you hid the fact that you're dating Oh brat Sehun." 

"I am NOT dating him! You know I have my eyes set only on Jongin!" groaned Luhan but the taller wasn't convinced. 

"The events of today contradict your words though."

"That is because they made me do it. The CEO of SME made me sign this stupid contract to play Sehun's fiance and-"

"So you're an actor now?" Chanyeol frowns and all Luhan want to do is bang his head against the wall. Sometimes, he really questions being friends with such an idiot. 

"You can take it as that if you want to... but actually..." Luhan bits his lip and contemplates if he should tell Chanyeol the truth and land himself in more trouble but then he screams it in his head and decides to violate the rule because he really can't lie to his best friend.

".....I am being given with my own restaurant in Gangnam for playing Sehun's fake fiance for the next six months and cover up the scandal. They think it was because of me, which is a total BULL and I so badly wanted to punch those sickies! What do they think of themselves? Rich, snobby s."

The living room went silent, only the noise of the cars from the outside can be heard. There were no words, no reaction from Chanyeol and Luhan couldn't help but feel uneasy. He was not used to seeing his best friend this serious. The last time Chanyeol had looked so void of any expression was when he was lying on the floor, covered in red and that was a scene he had shot for a crime drama. 

"You signed the deal?" Chanyeol asks, breaking the tension. Luhan nods nervously.

"Are you sure you want this? Six months is a bit..too long. What if you fall for that blondie?" 

"Are you crazy? I will never, NEVER fall for a brat who thinks I am ugly and hideous!" Luhan scowls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter