7:58

8:01

Taeyeon blinked as she roused from her sleep. The clock on the wall reads 8:01, noticed Taeyeon. It was an exceptionally unusual time to be awake but she felt contently well-rested. Stifling a yawn that bubbled from the pit of her stomach, Taeyeon tossed to her right to continue her beauty slumber. 

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany's face, a smile gracing her lips at the familiar sight. Tiffany mumbled something incoherent under her breath and Taeyeon reached forward to pull a strand of hair away from her face. Tiffany cracked her eyes open at Taeyeon's movements. 

"Good morning, beautiful," Tiffany grunted in reply. Taeyeon was alarmed when Tiffany forcefully draped her arm over her waist and tugged. 

"Fany?" Taeyeon held Tiffany's face by her cheeks with worry, "What's wrong?"

Tiffany breathed heavily and buried her face in the crook of Taeyeon's neck. 

"I don't know." 

"Hey, look at me. Are you sick? " Tiffany shook her head and pressed her body flushed against the petite Taeyeon. 

"Taeyeon?" 

"Yes, Fany? Tell me what's wrong."

"Stay with me today, please?" Taeyeon heard the whimper in her voice. Taeyeon did a mental calculation, knowing how Tiffany's mood swings as she approached the time of the month. Taeyeon immediately caved in, feeling an ache in her chest at Tiffany's uncanny behavior.

"Okay," Taeyeon reminded herself to call into the office later to apply leave for the next two days for the both of them. The perks of working together with her best friend, Juhyun's company, gave Taeyeon an advantage. She swallowed the lump in and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, "I am here, Fany-ah."

They stayed in bed with Taeyeon humming a song as she ran her hand soothingly down Tiffany's back. 

//////////

Tiffany laid on her lap on the couch and Taeyeon lazily twirled a finger in her girlfriend's brown locks. With two cups of coffee, a bowl of popcorn and Harry Potter on the television- Taeyeon sighed contently as Tiffany made a little noise under her breath. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she apologized to the brunette as she pulled it out but Tiffany was too engrossed in the movie to notice. 

Okay, take care.

Juhyun's reply was straightforward and Taeyeon smiled, sending a word of gratitude to her ever understanding best friend. She looked up and realized that Tiffany was nowhere in sight. It probably really is the time of the month, Taeyeon shrugged and sent a reply to an important email to postpone a meeting. 

"It is Wingardium Leviosa, not Wingardium Leviosar," Taeyeon laughed upon hearing Tiffany mimicking the classic quote, a sign that Tiffany was feeling better already. Taeyeon carefully rubbed the uncomfortable stiffness in her neck as Tiffany propped herself up, giving Taeyeon an endearing smile. 

"Taetae?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Can you get me some ice cream from the fridge?"

"Why don't you get it yourself?" Taeyeon teased and Tiffany pouted. 

"Please?"

Taeyeon relented to the puppy eyes and shook her head in disbelief. Tiffany threw her arm over her petite girlfriend, gave her a kiss on her cheek and whispered her gratitude. 

"Two scoops of strawberry please!"

Taeyeon heard her boisterous command as she set foot into the kitchen. An intense jolt of pain shot down her back all of a sudden and Taeyeon stumbled backward. Struggling to stand, the discomfort sent a wave of nausea. Taeyeon breathed heavily and leaned against the wall to find that Tiffany was no longer on the couch. Sweating profusely, Taeyeon clenched her fists to regulate her breathing. The pain left as quick as it wracked her body and Taeyeon saw Tiffany staring at her from the couch. 

"Taetae? Taeyeon, are you okay?"

Taeyeon took shallow breaths and collapsed into Tiffany's embrace. Seeing Tiffany's worried expression, she feigned a smile. 

"I'm okay, Fany. I'm okay."

With some persuasion, Tiffany helped the pale Taeyeon back to the hall. They settled on the couch with Tiffany clinging on to Taeyeon's arm throughout the movie. Taeyeon found comfort in Tiffany's warmth, the scent of her shampoo and the gentle against her skin- the discomfort she experienced was forgotten as she embraced her lover. 

The couple lazed around throughout the day, with Tiffany being extra clingy- following Taeyeon so closely hat Taeyeon found herself keeping an eye on Tiffany when she was out of sight. Taeyeon giggled when Tiffany drew random patterns on her lower back as she ordered pizza for dinner, as per Tiffany's cravings. 

"That was mean."

"I hope the guy understood that you wanted Pepperoni because you said pe-he-he-roni."

"And whose fault is that?" Taeyeon tackled Tiffany with her fingers causing her to burst into fits of laughter. The doorbell chimed and Tiffany breathlessly swatted Taeyeon's hands away and pointed to the door. Surprised with the quick delivery, Taeyeon took a peek on her watch. 6.57, it reads and Taeyeon frowned at a small scratch down the face of the watch. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Look," she pointed as Tiffany propped her chin on her shoulder, "there is a scratch."

"Oh," Tiffany jutted her lower lip out in contemplation before smiling widely. "It's okay, we can fix it or get a new one."

"You gave this to me." 

"I can always get you a new one," Tiffany reasoned and shoved her when the doorbell chimed again. 

"Get the pizza, Tae!"

There was the possibility that she had scratched it earlier, Taeyeon thought. She pulled out a few notes from her wallet and received the pizza. They finished their dinner with occasional stolen bites, giggling and muffled words. Taeyeon flashed her dimpled smile when Tiffany fed her a bite of her pizza. Stealing a kiss, their playful banter continued as they washed up to get ready for bed. 

Taeyeon sighed with a smile on her face when she pulled the sheets over them. Tiffany immediately scooted over and possessively draped her arm over Taeyeon's waist. 

"Taetae?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Can we stay home tomorrow too?"

"I've applied for leave from Juhyun for tomorrow as well."

"Really?" Tiffany's eyes sparkled in the dimmed room. 

"I'm yours tomorrow too."

"Awesome! What should we do?"

"Shall we discuss that later?" Taeyeon stifled a yawn. Tiffany nodded and stole a kiss from Taeyeon. 

"Taeyeon," Tiffany ran a finger down the drowsy brunette's cheek. "No matter what, I'll always be with you, okay?"

Taeyeon hummed a response and drifted off into a fitful rest.