8:00

8:01

Taeyeon blinked as she roused from her sleep. The clock on the wall reads 8:01, noticed Taeyeon. It was an exceptionally unusual time to be awake despite the discomfort at the back of her neck. Stifling a yawn that bubbled from the pit of her stomach, Taeyeon tossed to her right to continue her slumber. 

Taeyeon smiled dreamily at the familiar scent on her pillow, reaching out to seek Tiffany. Her hand landed on the mattress with a thud and Taeyeon's eyes flew open. She gasped in surprise at the unoccupied spot before her- Tiffany was nowhere in sight. She patted the spot where Tiffany laid- the crisp cold seeping was a rude awakening. Where is she, Taeyeon panicked, Tiffany does not usually wake up so early. With an unsettling feeling welling inside, she frantically scrambled out of bed. 

"Tiffany!" Taeyeon hoarsely yelled and stumbled to the toilet to find it vacant. She pulled the wardrobes opened and was greeted with organized racks of Tiffany's clothes.

"Fany-ah!" Taeyeon panted as her knees wobbled under her weight. An immense pain coursed through her veins, setting a flame in her loins as she flung the bedroom door open. Taeyeon gaped at the empty hallway and berserkly called out to her girlfriend again. Her fear stricken voice bounced off the walls in the confined apartment. Gripping on to the handles as she descended down the stairs, Taeyeon swallowed when the silence engulfed her.  

"Tiffany?" Taeyeon swallowed a lump in and collapsed heavily on the floor, alarming tears welling up in her eyes, "Fany, where are you?"

"Taeyeon."

She turned to the source of the voice and saw the brunette standing in the middle of the kitchen. There was solemnness shrouding her features despite the small smile on her face. Tiffany walked towards her and Taeyeon leaped into her embrace when Tiffany was close enough. 

"I was waiting for you in the kitchen," Tiffany ran her fingers through her lover's hair. "Look what I have got."

Taeyeon lifted her gaze to the kitchen counter. 

"What are you doing?"

"I know you have always wanted to do this with me," Tiffany chuckled. "Let's bake today."

"Anything," Taeyeon buried her face in Tiffany's hair and clenched her fingers on her girlfriend's top- afraid that Tiffany would slip right out of her grip. "We can do anything, as long as you're with me."

"I'm here." Tiffany replied and Taeyeon whimpered, quavering. 

"Don't leave me."

//////////

Taeyeon laughed at the flour streaks on Tiffany's cheek as the brunette wiped her face with the heel of her palm. Tiffany had a small smile on her face when Taeyeon attentively brushed it away and planted a kiss on her cheek. 

"Taeyeon," Tiffany whispered when Taeyeon wrapped her arms around her and dropped her rolling pin on the floor, "Hey Taeyeon, let's me finish rolling the dough."

"A minute," Taeyeon buried her nose in Tiffany's hair and inhaled. Tiffany turned in her hold and mirrored Taeyeon's affection, lifting her face as she gazed into her brown mesmerizing eyes. Taeyeon smiled and kissed Tiffany with all her heart. 

"Taetae?" Tiffany pressed her forehead against Taeyeon. "You know that I love you right?"

"I love you. I love you too, Fany."

Tiffany had that rueful smile on her face again when they released each other and continue cutting the dough; an air of melancholy cloaked the couple. 

"Is Christmas here too early this year?" Tiffany lightened up the atmosphere, chuckling when Taeyeon sunk a gingerbread man cookie mold into the dough. Taeyeon laughed at the remark and deliberately chose a snowflake cookie cutter, causing Tiffany to shake her head in disbelief. The couple giggled through little banters as they arranged the cookies on the baking tray. Taeyeon watched with bright eyes as Tiffany turned the dial. Clearing up the mess while waiting for cookies, they sit before the oven with anticipation. Taeyeon and Tiffany shared the excitement as they watched the cookies baked through the glass window. They took a whiff of the delicious scent of the fresh baking cookies. 

"2 more minutes, Fany ah!" Taeyeon interlaced their fingers, flashed her dimpled grin and received Tiffany's charming eye-smile. 

"Taeyeon?"

"Hmm, Fany?"

"You know I love you right?" 

The oven timer went off with a ding and Tiffany vanished before Taeyeon's eyes. Taeyeon jerked back in surprise and stared at the space before her. She looked at her hands with wide eyes; the warmth from Tiffany's hand lingered as she flexed them.

"Tiffany," Her voice shook and Taeyeon scrambled to her feet. 

"Tiffany!" Taeyeon's attention was cast on the watch, sitting on the kitchen counter. The damage was unsalvageable- the leather strips were badly tattered, the glass on the watch face shattered and the hands had stopped moving. Taeyeon's fingers trembled as she gently lifted the watch. 

A sob wracked her petite body as she kneeled on the ground- an unexplainable sorrow surged. Taeyeon cradled it in her palms, the broken shards burrowed into her flawless skin but the misery eating her from the inside was worse than the physical pain. She wheezed and let her tears fall unabashedly. Dreams shattered, the harsh reality sent a wave of nausea. Without the watch, Taeyeon knew that she can't be with Tiffany anymore. Broken hearted, Taeyeon's doubled over as agonizing cries ripped through her trembling lips. 

"Taeyeon."

Taeyeon followed the pull and sobbed into Tiffany's chest unceasingly. She clenched onto the smooth fabric under her fingers, her tears soaking through. Tiffany silently rocked Taeyeon in her embrace, kissing the crown of her head and gently ran her fingers down her hair. 

"We'll be okay," Tiffany assured and Taeyeon fisted the fabric in her fingers.

"Don't worry," Tiffany whispered tearfully, "I'll always be with you. I promise I'll be with you no matter what." 

The couple climbed into bed after Tiffany helped Taeyeon to wash up. Tiffany gently bandaged the wound on girlfriend's broken skin with a forlorn smile that mirrored Taeyeon's. Taeyeon refused to leave Tiffany's side, silently snuggling closer to Tiffany and let her girlfriend's warmth comfort her mournful soul. Taking Tiffany's hand, she interlaced their fingers and closed her eyes as tears rolled down her pale cheeks. Tiffany sang a melody that lulled Taeyeon into a peaceful sleep. The watch, coated in Taeyeon's blood laid on the vanity table.

It reads 8:01.