Ochy's Author's Note

8:01

Hello! I'm radred aka Ochy!

I've had the plot of 8:01 developed for years, and it is one of my stories that is very dear to me. But knowing my capability at writing, i gave up and kept the story to myself, letting it rot on my phone note. As other my stories do.

But then Theron came and offered her help to write 8:01, and I couldn't be more happier. But all I could do was depicting the story into illustration (with simple and broken explanation). I was worried my illustration and summary story wouldn't suffice, but Theron is simply amazing. She's so passionate for this story and she understood 8:01 very well without me explaining it too much further. She gave input here and there, which made the story more alive and perfect. I couldn't thank my dear buddy, Theron, enough for being an amazing author and friend that she is.

As Theron has explained, 8:01 occurs between life and death, during Taeyeon's comatose state. If you notice, the first sentence of each chapter is the same. It happens on one same day, but with different output for 5 days straight. It shows how Taeyeon cannot move on that she and Tiffany have to be separated by death, and she is imagining 'perfect scenarios' with Tiffany.

I have to say the watch plays the biggest role in this story. It is a dear present from Tiffany and her brain unconsciously programs that the watch is the main tool that makes the 'perfect scenarios' happen in the first place. That's why Taeyeon is very reluctant to take off the watch, because she knows without it, she can't be with Tiffany.

I hope that 8:01 is a story that dear to your heart as much as it is to me. Our collaboration doesn't stop here, please anticipate our future works!

And last, thank you to readers for your kindest love and support! We are so moved and they give us motivation to work better. Thank you, thank you, thank you!