Eight.

You're Just A Kid

“Jungkook!”

Your eyes snap open at the voice, both of you stand frozen in place. You notice Jungkook’s hand has stopped mere inches from your face as he stares daggers at the person in doorway. You follow his gaze to see Yoongi, standing there his chest rising and falling harshly with each angry breath he takes. His hands are clenched into fists at his sides, his skin pulled taunt and white over his knuckles. You’ve never seen him so mad.

You watch as he slowly unclenches and clenches his fists, as if he’s trying to calm himself down. His gaze shifts from Jungkook to his still raises fist suspended in the air too close to your face. You notice that he purposely doesn’t look at you, is he mad at you? You look down then, regretting your decision to come here. You should have waited for Yoongi to come back. But you’re not his problem; you need to handle this yourself.

“Yoongi, I ca-,” You begin only for him to cut you off as he addresses Jungkook with a voice that has you shivering with fear.

“Jungkook. What the are you doing?”

He lowers his hand then, allowing it to rest at his side. He stares at Yoongi as if he’s seeing through him, his anger almost radiating off him in a lethal haze. You take a slow step back from him, wanting to put some distance between the two of you.

“What are you doing here? You should be with the others,” His voice is ow and angry.

You see Yoongi’s jaw clench. “I’m stopping you from doing something you’ll regret.”

Jungkook laughs humorously. “Why do you care?”

Yoongi’s eyes finally flick over to you quickly, before shifting away again. The action does not go unnoticed by Jungkook

You don’t know where to look, Yoongi seems to be ignoring you and Jungkook’s expression has twisted into one of disgust as he crosses his arms over his chest. “Oh, I get it.”

Your eyebrows furrow together in confusion. Get what?

Yoongi shakes his head, urging Jungkook not to go there.

Jungkook looks between the two of you, his eyes hard with realisation. “So this is where you’ve been then.”

You know he’s addressing you, yet you can’t look at him. You feel weak with your head hung low unable to answer him.

“Y/N…” Your heart clenches painfully in your chest as he speaks your name with such tenderness you can’t help but look up. For a second you see a flicker of the Jungkook you know, the one that made you smile and feel such joy that it was almost physically painful. Then he smirks and it’s gone. “Are you ing him?”

“Jungkook..” Yoongi starts, his tone full of warning. Jungkook ignores him continuing to stare into your eyes as he waits for you to speak.

“No,” You breathe out, finally finding your voice.

He scoffs, running his hand through his hair. “I don’t believe you.”

You open your mouth in an attempt to speak again, but find you don’t know what to say. What can you say when he’s this mad?

He continues when it’s clear you’re not going to speak. “Because what am I supposed to think. I don’t see you for days,” He pauses to grab a hold of the hoodie you’re wearing, you silently curse yourself for wearing it here. His hold tightens as he pulls you closer to him; you lean back as far as you can to get some distance. “And you come here wearing his clothes.”

“All my clothes are here!” You explode; sick of him treating you like you’re beneath him. “All my stuff is here Jungkook.”

“Then you should have just come back, instead of spending days with him,” He counters, angry at your outburst.

“I did come back!” You yell, pulling yourself free from his grasp and taking a step towards Yoongi. You’re thankful that he comes to stand behind you, his fists still clenched tightly. Jungkook stares at you confused.

You sigh, the scene you walked into days ago coming back fresh in your mind. “I came back two days ago. And do you know what I found?”

You pause, only for a second to allow realisation to cross his features before you continue. “I came home to find you in bed with another girl.” You laugh scarily similar to the way Jungkook had earlier without humour. “And as if that wasn’t enough, I’m told that we broke up.”

You feel tears forming in your eyes again, you’re not angry, you feel completely drained having to deal with him. You turn to Yoongi, who is watching you carefully before you step away walking towards the bag you’d left on the floor. You grab it quickly and walk back over to him.

“Can we go now?”

He nods, placing his hand against your back and begins to usher you out without another glance at Jungkook. You’ve only taken to steps when you hear Jungkook behind you.

“She’s not going anywhere with you.”

You turn back around to see him glaring at Yoongi who only sighs.

“Let her go, Jungkook.”

“This really isn’t any of your business, hyung,” He spits, his eyes almost black as he glares at the two of you.

Yoongi chuckles. “You’re only making this worse.” He turns back to you and begins walking out again.

It all happens so fast that you have no time to react. You hear footsteps walking towards you and then a hand pushing you forcefully towards the door, causing you to stumble over your heavy bag and your own feet. You turn around to demand what that was for when you see Jungkook’s fist closing the distance to Yoongi’s jaw. You want to scream at Jungkook to stop, or at Yoongi to move out of the way, but you’re too slow. You hear the sickening crunch as Jungkook’s fist makes purchase, the force causing Yoongi to stumble back, his lip dripping dark blood onto the wooden floor.

You move quickly to his side, placing your arm around his torso to help him stand. He shakes you off slightly, standing up straight to look at Jungkook.

“Feel better now?” He asks, rubbing his hand over the growing red on his cheek.

Jungkook doesn’t reply; his eyes wide with shock as if he doesn’t believe what he just did. Yoongi turns to look at you before grabbing your bag and walking towards the door.

You look back at Jungkook one last time, he looks completely defeated, his eyes silently begging you to stay, yet you have no desire to.

“Please…” He brings, knowing that he’s screwed up again.

You shake your head at him before wrapping your arm back around Yoongi and leading him out of the apartment. You shut the door to the hall when you hear a crash come from inside. You wince. You hate that he’s hurting, but you don’t have it in you to go back.

~~.~~

He winces as you press the tissue to his lips. His face jaw tender and beginning to glow a deep red.

You ignore him as you feel his eyes on you, staring as you purposely avoid eye contact with him. He furrows his brow, knowing that more than just the ordeal with Jungkook is weighing on your mind.

“What’s wrong?”

You’re quiet for a minute as you grab a fresh tissue and dip it in alcohol and press it against the small open wound Jungkook had caused on his jaw. He hisses at the sting.

“You let him punch you.” You state, pushing the tissue more forcefully against him, your annoyance at him outweighing your sympathy.

Yoongi tilts his head slightly. Are you mad at him?

Still he nods slowly, not sure where you’re going with this.

You stop cleaning his face to sit back so you can look at him. “Why?”

He sighs, looking away from you. “I wanted you to see that side of him.”            

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” You ask somewhat harshly before you can stop yourself.

 

He looks at you, studying your face for any sign that you understand where he’s coming from. You don’t. He sighs again, this time in annoyance as you refuse to give him anything. “We all saw it, Y/N. The way he treated you.” He pauses, chuckling lowly. “I mean you’d have to be an idiot to not notice that the relationship wasn’t great.”

You lean back, slightly offended by his straightforward answer. “I mean sure it wasn’t great, bu-“

“No it wasn’t,” He cuts in, annoying you.

You find yourself getting defensive, who was he to talk about your relationship? “Well mister I-know-everything-about-relationships, tell me why none of you ever said anything.”

He an eyebrow at you, a small smile playing on his lips. “Would you have listened to us?”

Well probably not, but you’re not about to give him the satisfaction of knowing he’s right. Not that he needs it. “Maybe.”

He laughs, this time a deep chuckle that you swear you feel rattle inside your own chest. You know he doesn’t believe you. “We did what we could with what we were given.”

There’s something about the way he answered that stirs something within you. You look down at your hands still fiddling with the tissue, feeling suddenly shy over your next question.

“Why are you helping me?” You ask, wanting an answer to the question that has been in the front of your mind since Tae’s birthday.

He shrugs, as if it was obvious. “We’re friends.”

You move closer to him, trying to look him in the eye. “No, Yoongi.” You shake your head, not wanting him to misunderstand again. You continue in a slow clear voice. “Why are you helping me?”

He blinks, for once speechless as opposed to choosing to remain quiet. You say nothing else, feeling as if you’d made yourself clear enough as you wait for him to answer you. You watch as his brows furrow together, creating slight wrinkles on his forehead as he tries to think of what to say. He’s quiet for so long that you almost sigh ready to give up, when you notice his dark eyes staring into yours intensely. You squirm under his gaze, wondering what he’s thinking. You see his gaze shift slightly to look at you lips, which you self-consciously before his hands are on your face connecting his mouth to yours.

You’re shocked; unsure how to react at his bold action as he presses himself firmer against you. You’d had a feeling, what with him being so considerate and accommodating with you over the last few days, but you never actually thought it was possible. If any of them you thought maybe Tae would be interested, but you never gave that much thought either because you were with Jungkook, but Yoongi? The quiet one, who always looked like he’d rather be someplace else, is sitting here now kissing you and all you can do it stare wide eyed at his face. You’re not sure how everything got flipped so much in only a matter of days.

Even so you can’t deny the feeling growing in the pit of your stomach the longer his lips remain on yours. You close your eyes as you tilt her head slightly to the side, allowing you to mould together more naturally. You’re disappointment when he pulls back too soon, his hands leaving a stinging sensation as if the heat of his skin has scorched you. You watch him unsure what to say or do as he looks away from you to the ground. It doesn’t escape you notice that he makes sure not a single part of you are touching.

“I’m sorry,” He says, sure that you’d be upset with him.

You almost laugh. He was bold enough to kiss you out of the blue, yet acts like a shy boy even though you let him. You place your hand on his shoulder, urging him to turn.

“Yoongi…”

He looks at you though his head is shaking. “I shouldn’t have done that.”

Why?

He gets up and walks into his bedroom, you think he’s done with the conversation and your annoyance grows. You’re just about to go in after him and demand what his problem is when he walks back out, changed from jeans and a sweater to baggy shorts and a shirt.

“What are you doing?” You ask him, confused.

He gestures to the couch, beginning to pull at the blanket he’d left there. “Getting some rest. It’s been a tiring day.”

You watch as he begins to settle himself onto the couch. This is ridiculous.

“Yoongi.”

He glances at you over the top of the couch. “Yes, Y/N?”

“You should sleep in your own bed.”

He looks confused before scoffing quietly and turning away from you. “I’m not going to make you sleep on the couch.”

Ugh, seriously? He was really doing this right now.

“Yoongi.” You say again, waiting until he turns back around his eyes filled with frustration. “I don’t plan on sleeping on the couch.”

It takes a second for the realisation of what you’re saying washes over him. “I don’t really think that would be a go-,”

“Yoongi!” You interrupt, more forcefully this time. “I’m just asking you to share the bed with me; I’m not asking to have !”

The smirk he gives you; livens up your mood a bit. There’s the Yoongi you know.

Even so he gets himself up from the couch slowly before dragging his feet to his bedroom, as if he was doing you a favour that he wasn’t a fan of.

 

You laugh quietly behind him.

You switch off the light on your way in and make your way blindly to the opposite side of the bed to where Yoongi is already lying. You try to stay on your side as much as possible, not wanting to make this situation anymore uncomfortable for him than it already is.

You just begin to drift off to sleep when you feel his arm wrap around you, pulling your body against his own as his fingers lazily over the skin of your arm. You fall asleep to the sound of his gentle breaths, more confused than you have been in days.