Ten.

You're Just A Kid

The pounding in your head wakes you up at what you assume is an ungodly hour of the morning.

You squint your eyes open, your stomach rolling as you shift trying to chase the pins and needles from your right arm. You hit something hard and warm causing you to rear back almost flying off the bed.

What the is that?

You open your eyes properly, rubbing at them to rid them of sleep before looking down at the object beside you. Your eyes widen at the sight of a bare chested Yoongi, groaning slightly from the racket you’re making. He rolls over, facing away from you without a word. You sigh, shifting again when you feel your legs sliding against each other without the resistance of clothes.

What the ?

You lift the blanket up, glancing down your completely body and shift your eyes over to Yoongi noticing he’s in the same state and quickly look away.

You think about last night, you know you were drinking pretty heavily, you both were. But you didn’t think you drank anywhere near enough to end up here. You vaguely remember leaving the bar with Yoongi in tow and walking back here. You remember the racket the two of you made in the corridor, and you hope desperately that everyone was already asleep by the time the two of you returned. And then you remember the kiss, the one you initiated and you feel the colour drain from your face.

You can hear Yoongi’s uncertain ‘are you sure?’ sound in your memory, before you initiated the kiss once again.

!

You really have no one else to blame but yourself.

A door bangs against the wall and you look up, unsure whether it originated from down the hall or not. You have no idea if Yoongi has anything work related today but you place your hand on his shoulder anyway, trying to wake him. He groans again, snuggling himself deeper under the blankets.

“Yoongi,” You hiss. Is he always this stubborn in the morning?

You lift yourself into a sitting position, making sure the sheet is wrapped firmly around you before leaning over him, placing your mouth close to his ear.

“Yoongi!”

He opens one eye and stares at you in annoyance. “What?”

You stare down at him incredulously. Why is he not more shocked to find you in his bed? “What do you mean what? What the ?”

He opens both his eyes, making sure to look at you. You don’t miss the way his gaze travel over the sheet wrapped tightly over your chest leaving little to the imagination. Not that he needs it. “Are you always this loud in the mornings?”

“Only when I wake up next to someone I’m not dating!” You hiss, angry at his indifference.

To your surprise he smirks. “But I’m not just someone, right?”

You scoff at his suggestiveness, but you know he’s right. “Yoongi..”

In a second he’s pulled you down against him, squishing you firmly against his chest. He breathes deeply against your ear, and you’re surprised that no part of you wishes to push him away.

“Yoongi, what are you doing?”

“I’m holding you.”

You push pack slightly so you can look him in the eye; you’re caught off guard when you see them so open, so vulnerable. You don’t think you’ve ever seen him quite like this. “No, Yoongi. What are you doing?”

He opens his mouth to reply when his bedroom door flies open, revealing the grinning faces of Jimin and Taehyung.

“Yoongi!” They shout in unison, completely oblivious to what they just walked in on.

You shriek, ripping yourself out of Yoongi’s arms and move yourself to the other side of the bed, taking the blankets with you, leaving Yoongi lying there in shock. He grabs a pillow quickly and lays it across his lap.

You watch as Jimin and Tae take in the scene in front of them, Jimin’s grin only grows as he lifts his eyebrows suggestively and asks. “What is this?” The amusement in his tone does nothing to make the situation any less awkward.

Tae says nothing as he shifts his eyes to the floor, avoiding all eye contact with you.

What’s up with him?

You’re too focused on Tae to answer Jimin and you’re glad when Yoongi does, until he opens his mouth.

“Exactly what it looks like.”

Was he even going to try and talk his way out of this? Obviously that would just be a means to an end, but in situations like this you at least try.

Jimin rests his shoulder against the doorframe, his eyes raking over the two of you, his face littered with questions.

“So…,” He begins and you groan, throwing yourself back down on the bed. “How long has this been happening?”

Yoongi opens his mouth again and you sit up, you do not need to be talking about this right now, especially when you don’t even know what this is.

“Can we not!” You say your voice loud in the awkward atmosphere of the room. All eyes turn towards you, but yours once again focus on Tae. You can’t discern the look on his face, his eyes hard with something you don’t quite understand. You huff, turning to Jimin. “Look I get that this is all exciting and new, but can you get out.”

He looks faux hurt at your words, his hand coming up to rest over his heart in mock innocence. “Y/N…” He begins, assuming he’s going to come back with a sarcastic comment you cut him off.

“I need to speak with Yoongi.” You glance between both of them, making sure Tae knows that you’re addressing him as well, not that he looks like he wants to be here in the first place. “Alone.”

Jimin puts his hands up in surrender. “Okay, okay,” He grabs Tae by the arm and begins pulling him towards the door. “But I want to hear all the dirty details later.” He finishes with a wink, and then they’re gone.

“Yoongi-,” You begin.

“I’m going to take a shower,” He states, standing up from the bed and walking into his bathroom and shutting the door without another word.

What is that about?

With a head hazed in confusion and a huff you lift yourself from the bed, looking for something to wear. You grab one of Yoongi’s sweaters from the closet and pull on your jeans from yesterday and head for the kitchen. You begin making yourself a coffee, every movement making you feel dirty and stiff, the entire situation making you hope he gets out of the shower soon.

And what was that? You had made it clear that you wanted to talk to him and yet he’d brushed you aside. What changed since you woke up, to when you sent the other two away? You pour the coffee into mugs, setting them on the bench when you hear the water shut off. You lean casually against the counter, waiting patiently for him to come out. It’s another few minutes before he rounds the corner wearing sweatpants and a shirt with his towel dried hair dripping into his eyes.

He says nothing as he grabs his mug from the bench, taking a long sip as his eyes bore into yours.

“Are you ready to talk now?” You ask, keeping your tone neutral.

He sets the mug down with a sigh. He doesn’t look angry; if anything you’d say he looks scared. Reluctant maybe.

“Do you really want to talk?”

His question takes you by surprise, causing you to stand up straighter. What does he mean by that? Of course you do. “I said I did, didn’t I?”

He offers you a small smile. “Yeah, but I thought it was just an excuse to get them to leave.”

He really thinks you would do that to him?

“We need to talk about it, Yoongi.”

He looks reluctant yet still takes a seat on one of the stools gesturing for you to start.

You lean your elbows on the bench, leaning towards him as you hold the mug between your hands. May as well just jump right into it then. You take a breath. “Do you remember what happened last night?”

He nods immediately. “Yes.”

Well maybe this will be easier than you thought. You push forward.

“Do you regret it?”

His gaze narrows. “Do you?”

No, you are not going to let him turn this around on you. “I asked first.”

He sighs, running a hand through his damp hair. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that with you.”

You in a breath, shocked by his words.

“W-What?”

He looks up at you, his eyes shining slightly. “Did you want me to lie?”

You shake your head. “No, but I didn’t expect this.”

He lifts an eyebrow, taking another sip from his mug. “So, even after what happened last night -,” He pauses. “- No, after everything you’re still unsure about me.”

“I don’t know, okay!” You lean back in frustration letting your breath out a huff. “So much has happened, it’s overwhelming.”

He stands up; walking around the bench towards you until the tips of your feet are touching, his face only inches from yours. “Do you regret it?” His voice is a whisper as his breath fans over your face causing a shiver to run through you.

You look down away from him, not wanting to tip him off to how much his closeness is affecting you. You feel his fingers on your cheek, making you look back up at him, your face flushed crimson.

“Do you regret sleeping with me?” He repeats.

“No.” You answer immediately shaking your head, because of that you’re certain.

He smiles – a genuine smile – his eyes sparkling.

“Then what’s the problem?”

You sigh, because he should know this. “Everything is moving so fast. Jungkook and I broke up a week ago and I’ve already slept with you, one of his best friends. Not to mention his bandmate.”

“You’re still worried about Jungkook.”

It’s not so much a question as it is a statement.

“Of course I am.

He nods his head in understanding. “So then what are we doing?”

You hate that he asks that as if you have all the answers, as if your head is clear and you know exactly what is going to come of this. You step back, wanting to put some space between you. “Why are you asking me that?”

“Because believe it or not Y/N, I care about the working relationship and the friendship I have with Jungkook.” He runs his hands through his hair, the droplets still present fall across your face. “Because I want to know if it is worth doing this to him.”

“Worth it?” You repeat slowly, not quite sure you heard him right. “So that’s what this is about, you want to know if I’m using you as a toy to get over Jungkook.”

He says nothing, confirming your suspicions. Does he really think you would do that to him?

The mere thought has your blood rising; your face a cracking mask as you feel your anger rising to the surface. And then you explode. “I like you, Yoongi! Okay. Is that what you want to hear?” He does nothing but blink slowly at your outburst. “You want me to say that I want to be with you, that I slept with you because I like you. Well then there you go.”

You breathe deeply, trying to get some air back in your lungs as you stare at each other.

He takes a step forward and hugs you again. “I’m sorry.”

“Please don’t apologise,” You mumble against his chest, the will to fight having already left you. “I know it’s been crazy and I’ve been confused and angry, but I do want to be with you.” You look up at him, your eyes unsure. “Is that what you want?”

His eyes shine in a way that you finally understand. He wants this. He wants you. And every fibre of your being is urging you to be with him.

“More than you know,” He answers, staring at you as he tries to figure out where to go from here.

You notice his hesitation and smile at him, before bringing your hands up and resting them on his cheeks. He leans into your touch, his eyes closing as his eyelashes ghost over his cheeks. You’ve never taken the time to really look at him before, behind the makeup and theatrics of being an idol.

He is beautiful.

You lean forward, placing your lips against his unsuspecting ones. He wraps his arms around you, pulling you harder against him as he deepens the kiss, your fingers tangling in his hair.

You could get used to this.

You pull back, both of you breathing deeply as you try to catch your breath. He looks at you, his mouth opening to say something when you cut him off, there’s something you need to do. Something that’s been irking at you since Tae and Jimin were here.

“I have to go.”

His face contorts in confusion. “What?”

You disentangle yourself from his, before giving him an apologetic smile. “I have to go see someone, I’m sorry.”

“Who do you need to see?”

You notice the slight hard tone in his voice but at this point you have to ignore it. This is something you need to do; you’re just not sure why you didn’t do it sooner.

You give him a pleading look, hoping he understands. “I need to go speak with Tae.”

That makes him even more confused.

“Tae?”

You begin walking towards the door, hoping that Tae is in his dorm.

“Please don’t ask me to explain, Yoongi.”

You stop when he says nothing, causing you to turn around and look at him. He stands there staring right at you with a look of concern furrowing his brow. “Yoongi?”

“You’ll come back, right?” What’s that supposed to mean? Of course you’ll come back.

You make your way back to him, your face serious as you look into his eyes. “I’m coming back.” And you place your lips quickly onto his before turning again and making your way out the door.