Four.

You're Just A Kid

You’re startled awake by something crashing to the floor in the next room. Your eyes scan the messy lounge room as you stretch from your position on the couch. You’ve spent the last four days practically living on this couch staring at your phone in hopes that maybe he’d call you. Maybe you’d hear his voice apologizing for the way he treated you, hell you would have settled for a text asking where you were, but there has been nothing. Only silence, which has become even more deafening as the days have passed by.

Another crash sounds from the kitchen as you wipe the sleep from your eyes and sit up, staring as your friend stalks into the room.

“Oh, you’re finally up,” She states, as if actually seeing you awake is a rare occurrence.

You reach under the pile of blankets on top of you in search for your phone.  “What time is it anyway?”

“4pm,” She replies, sitting down on the end of the couch to look at you.

You let your head roll back on your neck, now knowing why you feel so sluggish; you’d sleep for almost fifteen hours.

“Soo…” She begins as you become lost in your tired thoughts. You lift you head back up to stare at her.

“What?”

She looks at you for a second longer before gesturing to her apartment. “Look I’m just wondering how long you plan on staying here for.”

“Am I imposing that much?”

She sighs, trying to think of the right words so you don’t get offended. “It’s just, what’s going on with you and Jungkook? I took you in because I thought you’d only be here for a night or two at the most, but, Y/N, do you have plans to leave soon?”

You sit up straighter, pulling the blanket up with you as you do. You can’t believe she was trying to kick you out like this.

“It’s just; I think you should work things out with him. And I think you should do it from somewhere other than here.”

“If you want me to leave then just tell me,” You say harshly, throwing the blanket off your body and standing over her.

She raises her hands as if to surrender. “Okay, we want you out.”

“We?” You nod understanding. “So when you say you want me out it’s because your boyfriend said something.”

“It’s his place, Y/N! He was nice enough to let you stay, but without paying rent you can’t stay here anymore.”

“Fine!” You state throwing your hands in the air in defeat before grabbing your phone. You grab our bag that contains your wallet and head for the door. “I won’t bother you with my problems again.” Before you slam the door behind you.

You walk down the street, your mind a jumble of thoughts you don’t even want to try and understand. You run your hands through your hair inwardly groaning as your fingers get stuck in the tangled mess. You’d forgotten about checking your appearance as you stormed out of the apartment in a fit of rage. You turn down a side street which will take you further into the city. You duck into a toilet block as soon as you see one and set your things down on the counter. You need to figure out what exactly it is you’re going to do next, but you can feel the eyes of people on you as you walk the street.

You almost reluctantly look at your reflection in the smudged mirror, not able to hold the sigh in as your reflection shows you exactly what you feel. The face s pale save for the slight dark circles under your eyes. You reach into your bag thankful that you always kept a spare brush and powder inside and begin freshening up your face. You stare at your hair next, you could have sworn you managed it over the last few days, but it’s still twisted and frizzing in a way that you’ve always hated. Sighing again you style it with a hair tie and figure you at least look presentable to walk the city streets. You grab your bag again and head out of the bathroom, still having no idea what to do. You check your phone hopefully one more time, not surprised when you see no missed calls or texts before you shove it back into your bag.

You walk the streets with no real destination for a while, looking in the windows of shops with no desire to spend money. The clock on the wall of one of the shops tells you it’s five past five and you figure it’s time to go home, to face whatever is waiting for you there. You stop by a take away shop you and Jungkook used to frequent often when he was around more early in your relationship and pick up dinner for the two of you. You can’t help but look at it as a peace offering, but you figure it will lessen whatever problem you two are facing at the moment.

Your legs are tired as you make the short walk to your apartment; the building feels foreign as you stand in the lobby waiting for the elevator. The elevator doors open and you step on, punching in the number for your floor and allowing the machine to take you up. A sound dings as you reach your floor and you hesitate at the opening, fear you can’t place suddenly washing over you. The doors ding again, forcing you to step out completely as they close behind you.

You take a deep breath, clutching the takeaway bag tighter in your hand and begin walking to your apartment. You don’t know why you’re suddenly so nervous. Sure you guys got into a fight, but you needed some time, if Jungkook was going to give you the silent treatment for something that he did then you were just going to have to tell him how screwed up that is. You grab your key card out of your bag and put it into the door. The apartment is quiet and if Jungkook’s shoes weren’t placed carelessly beside the door you would have suspected no one was home.

“Jungkook?” You call out into the quiet of the apartment.

You receive no reply. Curious you place the food on the counter and make your way towards the back of the apartment where your bedroom is. The silence of the space gives you an uneasy feeling as you listen to anything that might be out of place. You just reach the bedroom door when you hear a noise that sounds too much like a moan for your liking. You open the door and everything that you thought you knew, they you were prepared for left you as you felt like you were punched in the stomach. Your eyes go straight to the bed seeing Jungkook with some half girl on top of him, obviously half way through their plans for the evening. Your hand flies to your mouth to muffle a gasp and tears immediately fill your eyes. You shut the door again, not caring if they heard you and run out of the apartment. You don’t have the strength in you right now to deal with what Jungkook has just done to you.

You stand at the elevator, pushing the button frantically as if that will make it come any faster. Your other hand wipes at your eyes repeatedly as your frustration rises at the ridiculous amount of tears flowing steadily from your eyes. What good are tears? You can feel your whole world falling apart and yet all you can do it cry. You’d always thought you’d be strong in a situation like this. Sure you’d be sad, but you wouldn’t feel as if your heart is physically breaking as the pain scorches your insides.

You didn’t want to cry.

With frustration you make your way to the stairs, pushing the door open and taking them two at a time in an effort to get you out of the building faster. You need to be away from him, far away. Yet you have nowhere to go. You have no family, no friends able to help you. You thought you had the other boys, yet you have heard from none of them since Tae’s birthday, and you hadn’t understood why that was until now. You let out a dark laugh at how obvious it is now. They knew what Jungkook was doing and they didn’t care about you for one second. You don’t know how you could have been so stupid. You finally make it into the lobby ignoring the stares you are getting from visitors and employees as you run straight back out onto the street. Your look each way frantically as you try to figure out where to go. You know you have enough money in your bank account to get a hotel room for a night or two but after that you don’t know what you’ll do. All your belongings including your laptop are up in the apartment and you have no desire to go back up there.

You find yourself heading left down the street; the sun is in its last stages of setting causing the streets to give off a hostile feel. You can’t help but think about what could have gone wrong in your relationship for it to end like this. You knew that you would never have won couple of the year, but you knew that you loved each other and you remember a time when you thought that was enough. Never did you think that Jungkook would do this to you, after all you live together. What could have possibly been going through his mind when he decided to bring another woman back to you apartment, to your bed? The mere thought that he did this to you causes angry tears to cascade down your cheeks as you take another sharp turn down a street that you know holds a twenty four hour convenience store.

The bright lights shining through the glass windows looks less than inviting, but you enter anyway just needing a few minutes off the street to figure out your next move. You head to the back, feeling the desperate need for coffee to help clear your head. You’ve always been comforted by the smell of fresh coffee, it had a way of calming you down. You’re so desperate for anything but the mix of emotions swirling in you that you happily settle for a cheap convenience store cup. The machine spits out your coffee, but the gurgling sound of the gears does nothing to calm your emotions. You grab the cup, holding it tightly in your hands in an effort to find some reassurance, some guidance in what you should do next. You check your phone again, hoping to see any kind of message from anyone, but you’re only met with the smiling faces of Jungkook and yourself. You remember the exact moment you’d taken the photo; you’d given Jungkook little warning before launching yourself onto his lap and snapping the photo. It wasn’t a special day or anything, but you know you were both happy, and that means everything.

You stare down at the photo for longer than you should have when you feel your eyes begin to water with fresh tears. You sniffle, trying in vain to hold them back as you lock your phone and put it harshly back in your bag. You glance up to see another customer giving you a weird look as they pretend to scan the shelves in front of you. You roll your eyes, not wanting to be the subject of someone’s pity and move to make your way out of the store. You take two steps before oddly familiar grey hair comes into your view as Yoongi walks through the sliding doors. You turn around as quick as you can; ducking behind a shelf hoping that he hadn’t spotted you. You have no desire for him to see you like this, and after the last few days you can’t bring yourself to feel happy that you’re finally seeing him again. You remind yourself that you knew what Jungkook was doing and told you nothing. In your eyes he’s just as guilty as Jungkook.

You can feel your tears still falling from your eyes as your emotions rise out of nowhere. You pretend to be looking for something on the shelf, before you glance back up not able to see Yoongi anywhere. A small sob escapes your throat as a feeling of loss washes over you. Sure you didn’t want to see any of them, your own pride standing in the way, but knowing that he was there and now he’s gone causes you to feel more alone than ever.

“Y/N?”

You freeze as a lazy voice sounds from behind you. You turn around slowly coming face to face with Yoongi as he stands only a step or two away from you.

“Y-Yoongi,” You stutter out, harshly rubbing at your face to get rid of the tears. You hate the expression on his face, his dark eyes hold nothing but concern, his mouth open slightly in a silent question, yet he says nothing. You can’t help but feel as if he’s only trying to make you feel worse, showing you false sympathy in the hopes of crushing you further.

Though no one could crush you like Jungkook.

You stare at each other for what feels like an eternity before he speaks again.

“Y/N, what are you doing here?”

His question causes anger to rise within you. “Am I not allowed to be here?”

Your hard tone catches him by surprise as he blinks quickly. “Where have you been?”

“Why is that any concern of yours?” You ask, ing the hand not clutching your coffee out towards him in frustration.

“Not my concern?” He shakes his head, not believing your words. “You just left, Y/N. You didn’t even bother to say goodbye to any of us, you left it up to Jungkook to tell us that you weren’t coming back.” He shakes his head again trying to put his thoughts into words. “I thought we were all closer than that, yo-,”

“Yoongi, what?” You cut him off, not understanding what he’s saying. “Jungkook told you I wasn’t coming back?”

He nods slowly, not understanding why it sounds like its news to you.

“I don’t understand.”

“After Tae’s birthday he said you two broke up and that you’d left,” He fills in for you.

You draw in a deep breath, your anger rising again at the new information. “Did he say why?”

“Why don’t you tell me why,” He responds, gesturing for you to open up.

You glance around the store, seeing at least two other customers, you don’t think it’s really appropriate to discuss your cheating boyfriend out in the open like this. “Not here.”

He shrugs, unconcerned. “Come back to my apartment then.”

You take a step back from him as your shake your head. “I don’t want to go back up there.”

He tilts his head slightly, trying to understand. “You don’t want to see Jungkook?”

You nod, hoping he understands.

He takes a breath, shifting on his feet. “Obviously something has gone on between you two that I’m not even going to pretend to know anything about. But what I do know is that I’m not leaving you out here by yourself.”

You swallow, not knowing if you can argue your way out of this.

You think about what you can say to make him drop it but you come up with nothing but a small voice that replies. “But Jungkook, I don’t want him to assume anything.”

He looks confused at your words for a second before realisation settles on his face. “Y/N, at this point you need to stop worrying about how Jungkook will feel.”

Yu don’t fight the arm that rests it’s self over your shoulders as Yoongi leads you out of the store because you know he’s right. It’s late anyway and you know the chances of seeing Jungkook on the short walk from the elevator to Yoongi’s apartment is small. Yet you can’t help but feel tense.

He walks you back through the lobby holding you close to his side as people stare at you from all directions, curious to know what’s going on. He pays them no mind only quickens his step and ushers you into the waiting elevator and presses the button for your floor. You’re both quiet as the elevator rises; you can feel coolness against you cheeks and can’t help wondering what you must look like to him right now. The elevator dings then and he sticks his head out first making sure the coast is clear before steering you towards his room. You breathe a sigh of relief when he locks the door behind him leaving the two of you standing alone in his front room. The atmosphere feels different now that you’re back here and you’re sure he can feel it too.

He clears his throat, “Do you want me to make you anything? Coffee or something? I’m no barista but it’s got to be better than that cheap store crap.”

You smile at him, thankful for his kindness when a yawn causes you to rethink his offer. “Actually I just want to sleep right now.”

He nods, walking into his hallway and grabbing a blanket and pillow from a cupboard. He comes back in and sets them down on the couch without a word.

“You really didn’t have to do this, Yoongi. But I’m thankful you did,” You place your bag down on the floor by the couch and being to unfold the mattress.

“What are you doing?” He asks, confusing you.

You ruffle the blanket as if it were obvious. “Ah going to sleep?”

He jerks his thumb behind him towards his bedroom. “You’re sleeping in my room, I’m on the couch.”

“Oh no, you don’t have to do that. I’m fine here, really,” You try to argue.

“You’re really going to turn down a comfy bed for a couch?” He asks, smirking at you showing the first hint of playfulness you’ve seen from him all night.

You smile, knowing he’s not going to let you win. “Thank you, Yoongi.”

He walks into his bedroom and comes out a minute later dressed in sweatpants and a loose grey t-shirt. “Don’t mention it.” He makes himself comfy underneath the covers as you remain standing there staring down at him. “You might want to wash your face too, you’re a mess.”

Your hands fly up to your face of their own accord. “Real charming.” You say before grabbing your bag and marching towards his bedroom.

The sound of his low chuckle fills the room followed by, “We’ll talk tomorrow.” Before you shut the door and collapse on the bed, your energy finally drained as your eyelids slowly close.