Six.

You're Just A Kid

The door hitting the wall startles you awake. Your eyes fly open in shock as you take in your current position. You hadn’t realised you’d fallen asleep yesterday as you realise you’re currently curled up against Yoongi’s chest, his arm thrown over your torso and your legs tangled together.

He groans, his arms tightening around you as he tries to go back to sleep. “Stop making so much noise.”

You laugh softly at him, and make no move to pull away. His body is so warm. You’re about to lay your head back down on his arm when someone clears their throat to your left. You sit up immediately, angling yourself towards the noise.

“What is going on here?” Namjoon’s voice seems to boom around the room from where he stands beside Hoesok.

You look down at Yoongi not sure what to do and find he’s already staring at you. “Uhh.”

“I can explain,” You start as you move away from him to sit on the end of the couch.

Namjoon and Hoseok wait for you to begin talking. You open your mouth only you’re not sure where to begin. It had taken you hours and a lot of tears to tell Yoongi, you don’t want to have to go through that again. Not when their eyes are staring at you as if you’ve committed some atrocity. Yoongi notices this and places a reassuring hand on your knee; you turn to give him a small smile.

“You don’t have to explain yourself, Y/N.”

You look up at them again, noticing the way their eyes flit between you and Yoongi, you feel judged under their gaze. You keep your mouth shut, which is a strange feeling for you. All of you have become so close over the years you were with Jungkook, but now they feel like strangers standing over you. You remember what Yoongi told you about Jungkook telling everyone you broke up with him and you feel your anger rise. You stare them both in the eye as you take a deep breath.

“I have nowhere else to go.”

Hoseok scoffs at that, clearly annoyed. “You should have thought of that before you broke up with Jungkook.”

You narrow your eyes at him. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

“I didn’t break up with him,” You say in a hard tone.

Both of their heads turn to the side slightly in confusion as Yoongi sighs beside you.

“Yes you did,” Namjoon states.

You throw your hands up in the air in frustration. “Yes because if Jungkook says so then it must be true.”

Hoseok raises his hands in a silent attempt to calm you down. You’re surprised by the softness of his tone. “Y/N, tell us what happened.”

You draw in a breath glancing to Yoongi who gives you a small encouraging smile. Where do you start? You can feel tears begin to prick at your eyes again, and you will them to hold off. You will not cry in front of them.

“After Jungkook and I left the club on Tae’s birthday, we got in a fight.” They nod as if they were already aware of the information, of course Jungkook would have told them. You continue. “He accused me of having a thing for Tae, and he got angry when I told him I did not.” Their eyes widen the slightest bit at this; it’s no surprise to you that Jungkook left that bit of information out.

You feel Yoongi squeeze your thigh gently; he knows what’s was coming next. “I left that night. But we did not break up.” You gesture to Yoongi. “Yoongi is the one who filled me in on that after I found Jungkook with another girl in our apartment.”

You look at their faces, eager to see how this information will affect them. You’re annoyed to find their faces in the same expression Yoongi’s had been when you’d told him, as if they expected you to say it.

“Why are your faces the same as Yoongi’s was when I told him?”

“Y/N..” Namjoon starts, giving you a sympathetic look.

You cut him off immediately, you don’t need their sympathy. “No, don’t Y/N me. Tell me why.”

He lets out a loud sigh, obviously uncomfortable with having to explain himself. “He’s the youngest member of the group…” He stops unsure if he should continue but you urge him to keep going. “He’s immature and unsure of what he really wants. We’re just…” He looks to the others for help. “We’re just surprised you two lasted as long as you did.”

“WHAT?” You explode pushing yourself off the couch and invade his personal space. Your eyes stare daggers at him as he looks unsure what you plan to do. “You mean to tell me that for the last two years you’ve all been waiting for the relationship to fall through.” He says nothing not wanting to do anything to anger you further. You lift your hand, pointing your finger hard into his chest. “You’re saying that the last year of my life has been a waste and none of you planned to say anything?”

He shrugs as if to say ‘my bad’.

That’s not good enough.

You look at him in disgust; you thought these guys were your friends.

“Y/N,” Namjoon starts, his voice close to when he would talk to a small child.

You turn away from him getting ready to collect your belongings and leave. “Don’t.”

You walk out of the room, into Yoongi’s bedroom to collect the small amount of things you have. You look up at the sound of shuffling by the door. Yoongi leans against the doorframe his face twisted with worry.

“What are you doing?”

You ignore him, mumbling under your breath as you search for your phone. You see your clothes and remember that you had put some of Yoongi’s on after your shower. You sigh, knowing you’ll have to put yours back on.

“Can you leave, I need to get changed.”

He instead walks towards where you stand by the bed, looking at you with an unreadable expression. “What are you doing?” He asks again, his tone harder than the first time.

“Leaving,” You reply as if it wasn’t obvious. You hate yourself for being so rude to him after the kindness he’s shown you, but your anger and Namjoon’s words causes you to lash out.

“No you’re not,” He states, as if he could keep you here.

You finally look at him, though his face is hard his eyes are filled with worry that you hate yourself for putting there. He knows you’re putting up a front, you both know you have nowhere to go and yet you still fight against him. You grab your bag; you can change in the bathroom if he refuses to leave. You make a step to go around him, but he moves to stand in front of you.

“Yoongi,” You say your voice low. “Move out of the way.”

“No.”

You let out a huff, your frustration making its self-known. You take another step only for him to counter with another step of his own. “Yoongi, move out of the ing way.”

You think perhaps you can push him out of the way; you might have a chance if you catch him off guard. But then what would you do, he’d be waiting for you after you got changed anyway.

“Y/N…” He begins slowly and you crack. You hit your hands against his chest not in anger but frustration.

“Yoongi, please. Please let me leave,” You practically sob; you can feel tears begin to fill your eyes. You thought you were done with crying.

He remains unfazed by your actions. You expect him to push you away, so used to how Jungkook would treat you that you’re caught completely off guard when Yoongi wraps his arms around you, holding you against his chest.

“Yoongi,” You sob against his shirt, hating yourself once again for looking so weak.

He remains silent the only sign he’s listening to you are his arms wrapping tighter around your body. You feel comforted by his touch and that realisation causes you to feel sick with guilt. You’d literally walked out on Jungkook four days ago and found him in bed with another girl yesterday and here you are wrapped up in Yoongi’s arms and sleeping against his body like you belong there.

Still it’s not enough to make you let go.

Someone clearing their throat sounds from the door causing you two to pull quickly apart. Hoesok stands there, looking between the two of you curiously.

“Yoongi, we have to go now.”

Yoongi nods as Hoseok walks away before turning back to you.

“The manager wants to see us all, I have to go.”

You nod, knowing that he has other more pressing things to do than sit here looking after you.

“Please stay here,” He softly pleads.

You know how bad that idea is yet you find yourself nodding once again, bring your hand up to wipe at your tears.

He looks at you, still wondering if he should leave you alone or not.

“I’ll be fine, promise,” You assure him.

He stares at you for another second before giving you a small nod and walking out of the room. You hear the main door shut and slump down onto his bed.

You hope he comes back soon.

Actions