Five.

You're Just A Kid

You wake up to the sun beating against the closed blinds, your head throbbing as you lift it from the mount of pillows you’d piled up beneath you as you slowly take in your surroundings. The room is bare, not in the way that it is void of anything, more like there is nothing on the walls as you would expect. The dresser in the corner is clean and organised save for one draw which is close to spilling its contents of long sleeved shirt onto the floor. You glance at the clock on the nightstand beside you, groaning when you see 1:39pm shining brightly back at you. Now you know why your head hurts, and your bones feel as if they’re made of lead. You’d overslept.

You lie back against the pillows, snuggling up under the blanket not ready to face what the day has in store for you. You know Yoongi is expecting an explanation but you’re not sure you can give him one. He’s bandmates and best friends with Jungkook, you doubt he will take your side, or even believe you over him. You huff, blowing the strands of hair which had fallen onto your face out of the way and throw the blanket off your body. You may as well get this over with.

You stand slowly making your way to the door, your mind occupied with trying to figure out what you’re going to say. You open the door expecting to hear the sound of the television or at least some sort of music that Yoongi is always playing, but you are only met with the silence of the apartment. You walk down the short corridor turning into the kitchen as you wipe the sleep from your eyes. In look around the room with a yawn noticing immediately that there is no one there. You glance over the back of the couch noticing the clanked and pillows Yoongi had used last night are placed neatly on the armrest.

Your stomach growls prompting you to head for the kitchen. You round the bench your eyes immediately falling on a piece of paper lying flat against the surface. You glance down, seeing your name scrawled at the top.

‘Y/N, got called in for a dance practice, help yourself to anything. I’ll be back this afternoon. We’ll talk then.. Yoongi’

Relief washes through you now that you know where he is and the fact that you have time to figure out your next move without worrying about him walking through the door any second. You turn the kettle on, needing coffee to fully wake you up. You glance through his cupboard, not finding anything particularly interesting in his scarce selection of food before closing it again. You’re not sure if your stomach could handle any food right now anyway.

You flop yourself down onto the couch with your coffee, snuggling yourself into the armrest and breathing in the scent that is singularly Yoongi. You feel comforted knowing that he’s here to help you, yet you can’t help but think that Jungkook used to care that much once upon a time.

You flip through the television channels sighing when there is nothing of interest. You get up, keeling in front of the cabinet holding the tv and search through his movie collection. After not recognising title after title you grab one at random and shove it into the tv, only so you can have something to distract you from your own thoughts.

It doesn’t work as you sit back down on the couch, the image of Jungkook you walked in on last night sticking in your mind. You wonder where you went wrong, if you had done something to make him cheat on you. Sadness weighs heavily on you as wonder if you ever meant anything to him. You know you two had issues and you never expected to get a couple of the year award, but you thought you had something.

You thought you meant something to him.

Anger bubbles up in you then, how could he be so selfish? You think about the night of Tae’s birthday, how he had accused you of having feelings for Tae. How he had called you a and proceeded to act like the victim. You always knew he had a temper, but the way you saw him that night, so hateful and angry, it was a side of him you had not seen. And it had terrified you.

You think back on the few words Yoongi and you had spoken the previous night. He had said something about Jungkook telling them they were over. You are confused as to why Jungkook would tell them something like that, you’ve had your fights before and you had always made up, so why does he think this time is any different?

Of course if you weren’t over before it sure as hell is now. There is no way you would go back to someone who could just hurt you like that. Anger swirls through you as you lift yourself off the couch, coffee forgotten on the table as you make your way to the bathroom. There is no way you can stay in this building for a second longer, Yoongi will understand.

You stand under the hot water, revelling in the feel of it running over your body. You feel better than you have in days as you massaged Yoongi’s shampoo through your hair. You stay in for longer than necessary and take your time making yourself look presentable. You walk back out into the apartment in your towel realising that you have no spare clothes. You could walk down the hall to yours and Jungkook’s apartment but the thought has fear settling in your stomach. You can’t risk seeing him, even if the chances are slim due to him being at practice. Instead you open Yoongi’s closet searching for something that you hope will fit you, you’re sure he won’t mind he has more than enough clothes. You opt for a plain black shirt and shorts, pulling them onto your body and making your way back in the kitchen.

You grab your phone off the counter not checking the time as you begin to write Yoongi a note. You hope he’ll understand why you couldn’t stay. You make your way to the door, looking behind you one last time to make sure things are tidy before reaching for the door handle. It begins to turn before you reach it, causing you to jump back in surprise. You make it out of the way in time for it to swing open, revealing Yoongi standing there, his eyes wide in surprise at seeing you standing there.

“Y/N?” He asks, stepping into this apartment closing the door behind him. “Where are you going?”

You sigh, not ready to explain yourself. “I can’t stay here Yoongi.”

His brow furrows in confusion. “Y/N, you can stay here as long as you need to.”

He doesn’t get it. “No, Yoongi. I can’t stay here.” You emphasise ‘here’, hoping he will understand this time.

You watch his face as understanding washes over it. “But where would you go?”

You’d been expecting the question, of course you have nowhere to go but you can’t tell him that, he doesn’t need to worry. “I have a place set up.”

“Bull,” He answers immediately. You silently curse him for being able to see through you so easily.

He runs his hands over his face in frustration, when he looks back up at you his face shows hints of annoyance. “Can you just tell me what’s going on?”

You swallow loudly, no words leaving your mouth.

His eyes harden slightly at your silence. “Why did I find you crying into a cup of coffee at a convenience store?”

You open your mouth to reply only to release a chocked sob as the events of last night flow back into your head. He looks surprised at your reaction and steps forward as if to hug you but stops with his hands in the air not sure what to do with them. You two have never been that close, Yoongi was more reserved then the others and as a result you hadn’t spent as much time around him, causing the whole situation to feel awkward. He leaves his hands between you before finally letting them drop back down to his sides.

“Sit down,” He orders, surprising you as he leads o over to the couch. You sit down with a thud, tucking your legs up underneath you as he sits next to you.

He watches you as you wipe your tears with the collar of the shirt you’d borrowed from him. You catch him staring and smile slightly. “I hope you don’t mind that I borrowed them.

He waves you off. “It’s fine.”

You sniffle as your tears continue to slowly slide down your cheeks, you know you need to tell him. You take a breath, stalling for a little more time as you stare just off to the side of his face. “Jungkook and I got into a fight,”

“On Tae’s birthday?” He pipes up trying to understand.

You nod and continue. “He accused me of having a thing for Tae.” You stop then remembering the word he called you.

Yoongi looks at you silently, he remembers how Tae had acted around Y/N at the club and it was no secret to the boys that he has a crush on you. But to think that you like him back, with the way you acted towards him at the club when you pushed him away, Yoongi could only say that you were friends. But Jungkook has always been the jealous type; he could easily see something that wasn't there. Still he can’t help but ask.

“You don’t have feelings for Tae, do you?”

You finally look into his eyes then, you own wide in shock. “He’s like my best friend. Which is what I told Jungkook.”

Yoongi can’t help but notice that you didn’t answer the question.

“Anyway,” You continue shaking your head. “He called me a and like hell I’m going to put up with that, so I left.”

“After you broke up with him?”

“No!” You shout, starling him. You lean back against the couch, an apology ready on your lips but you reply. “We never broke up.”

The thinks on what you said for a moment never taking his eyes off you. You begin to feel uncomfortable under his gaze when he finally speaks.

“So then why did he tell us you broke up? And why did I find you crying tonight?”

These are the questions you do not want to answer. At least you don’t actually know the answer to the first one.

You shrug, showing you’re just as clueless as him. “I don’t know why he said that. But I-I,” You stop as you feel tears coming on again. You take a deep breath, now that you’re about to say it out loud it feels real and your emotions almost crush you. “I, Jungkook, he,” You want to be strong so you close your eyes drawing in as much air as you can before staring at Yoongi through your watery eyes. “He was having with another girl.”

Your brain doesn’t register what’s happening until you are pressed firmly against Yoongi’s chest, his arms wrapped tightly around your back. Your chin rest on his shoulder, the sudden closeness of him making your head spin. You’d never have expected Yoongi of all people to initiate such intense physical contact but you can’t help but feel comforted by the heat of his body. The moment overwhelms you, sending your emotions whirling as your tears flow faster down your cheeks soaking into his shirt. He rubs soothing circles onto your back in an attempt to calm you down; you relax slightly feeling his heart beat against you. When your sobs are contained he pulls back, his hands still resting on your shoulders as he looks at your face.

You watch as his eyes flit to your lips before looking back at you. The air has turned thick as you wipe your eyes with his shirt again, not sure what to do now. You want to speak but his gaze is so intense you’re afraid to make a move. He eventually removes his hands from your shoulders and looks away.

“I’m not surprised,” He mumbles, causing you to lean towards him.

“I’m sorry, what?”

He sighs, running his hand through his hair. “I said I’m not surprised he did that to you.”

Shock is your only response as you move further away from him, still unsure of what he could possibly mean. “What are you saying, Yoongi?”

“You know what Jungkook is like, Y/N,” When you show no sign of understanding he continues. “He’s not the most mature guy out there. He’s still just a kid; he probably did think your fight was ending things. You walked out on him after all.”

You can’t believe what you are hearing. “I’ve walked out on him before.”

“But you came back,” He looks you dead in the eye. “You didn’t come back this time.”

“So you’re saying what he did wasn’t wrong?”

He looks annoyed, staring at you with hard eyes. “No, obviously what he did was wrong. I’m just saying that maybe this will help you see that you’re actually not good together.”

You scoff frustrated at his words. “And here I thought you wanted to help me.”

“I do want to help you. I’m trying,” He says harshly, shifting himself so your legs are touching each other.

You have no desire to sit so close to him after what he’s said so you stand up shaking your head in disbelief. “No. You’re trying to tell me that I’ve wasted the last year of my life on something you all knew wouldn’t work.”

“Y/N, that’s not what I’m saying,” He tries, reaching for your hand. You pull away, your own emotions getting the better of you.

“I want to be alone.”

“I’m not letting you leave,” His voice is hard and final.

You give him a hard glare; he does not want to mess with you right now. “I can leave if I want to, there is nothing keeping me here.”

He stands up, stepping closer to you as you take a step back. “You need to calm down and-,”

“Don’t tell me to calm down, Yoongi!” You yell, starling him with your outburst.

He stays quiet staring at you trying to determine what to do next. You breathe deeply trying to calm your own emotions as you feel tears begin to prick in your eyes. You don’t want to cry, you’ve had enough of crying. You’ve had enough of Yoongi seeing you so weak, so you sniffle wiping your hand across your eyes furiously and look him in the eye.

He really sees you then, your face puffy and red and so vulnerable that for a second he’s not sure how to react. You were always so fiery, so interesting that it was strange to see you look so defeated. He wasn’t trying to make you mad, only trying to make you see just how little Jungkook obviously cared for you. Does he think he could treat you any better? He’s never given it much thought, and he’s definitely going to kick Jungkook’s when he sees him next. He moves without realising, standing in front of you as he reaches for your hand, you don’t stop him your body drained as he pulls you back down to sit with him. You rest lay up against him, your legs curled up on the couch beside you as your head rests on his shoulder. You’re so grateful for what he’s done for you in the last twenty four hours and you know you have no way to repay him but to just accept his help without rejection.

You smile, thankful that you still have someone after your world fell out from underneath you. You snuggle further into him feeling his arm come around you to rest against your hip. You fall asleep to the light rise and fall of his chest, your dreams filled with loud voices and conflicting feelings each pulling you a different way.