Twelve.

You're Just A Kid

Three weeks later and things are starting to get better.

Tae’s revelation had done nothing to ruin your friendship, and though it hurt you to not be able to give him what he wants, you know that it would absolutely crush you to deny Yoongi. Tae understands; he knows that he missed his chance, and does what he can to support your relationship with Yoongi in every way that he can as your best friend.

You’re thankful for that, but a major part of you is still unsure if you deserve such a friend.

You’ve noticed Jungkook hasn’t been around either. The boys that you’ve seen have said things ranging from sickness, to refusing to show up at practices. You feel guilty, knowing that he’s acting this way because you’re sure by now he’s found out about you and Yoongi.

“Do you think I should talk to him?”

Yoongi looks down at you, your head resting in his lap as he scrolls though his phone. “Why would you do that?”

You sit up properly so you can look at him. “He’s doing this because of us, right?” You pause, because no one has ever said it in so many words. “I mean, he knows we’re together, doesn’t he?”

He nods slowly.

“So I should talk to him about it. Clear the air in a sense.”

His eyes harden. “You don’t need to do anything.” He puts his phone down then. “Why are you so bent on trying to make things right with him anyway? He screwed you over, and yet you’re acting as if you owe him something.”

You push yourself away from him, his words snapping something inside of you. “Don’t you think I know that? I know what he did to me, but why should I throw away the time we spent with each other over something so stupid?”

“He crushed you, Y/N.”

“So it should be my decision whether I want to forgive him or not.”

He looks down, your words obviously getting through to him.

You reach forward, placing your hand on his arm. “You know I’m with you, Yoongi. So what are you really worried about?”

His eyes are hard as he looks at you, though you know it’s not from anything you’ve done.

“I don’t want him to try and hurt you again.”

You nod in understanding, but you can take care of yourself and you need him to realise that. “He’s not going to try anything like that again.”

“No he’s not.”

You raise an eyebrow at the conviction in his tone. As if he could somehow guarantee it.

“You sound so sure.”

He smiles then, a slight raise of his lips as he pulls you into his arms. You press against him instantly, immediately feeling comforted by his arms around you. You nuzzle your face into his neck, wrapping your arms around him. Shivers run through your body as he his hands up and down your back, you can’t remember the last time you were actually held like this by anyone but Yoongi. You squeeze your eyes shut wanting to rid your mind of your broken relationship.

Yoongi breathes against your hair, and you’d be quite content to stay like this forever.

“If he does anything, I’ll kill him.”

You know he doesn’t mean it literally, but the words still make your eyes widen and your breath catch.

~~.~~

 “Jungkook?” You whisper glancing over to Yoongi to find him still asleep.

“Y/N,” He slurs over the line. You roll your eyes.  Why is he calling you drunk? “Y/N, you have to listen to me.”

“No I don’t.”

There’s heavy breathing on the line before you hear a desperate. “Please.”

You sigh; checking to make sure Yoongi is still sleeping and carefully get off the bed. You pull your jeans on and exit the room as quietly as you can. Pressing the phone to your ear you whisper an annoyed. “What?”

“I need to see you,” He answers desperately, he never was good at holding his liquor.

“Why are you drinking, Jungkook?” Your voice is soft, almost worried. Though he’s caused you pain, you still don’t want him to do this to himself.

He laughs, as if you’d told him a joke. You smile, because it’s been so long since you’ve heard that sound, until his words make your eyes widen.

“Because of you.”

“Jungkook...” You begin, wishing he wouldn’t do this to himself, or you.

“Please, just -, I need to see you.”

You sigh again at the neediness in his voice. Perhaps it’s a bad decision, but you find yourself wanting to see him. Maybe not in the way he wants, but you need to fix things with him. You need to make sure he’s okay.

“Where are you?”

He gives you the name of a bar you have visited on occasion, you tell him you’ll be there soon before you hang up. You check the time on your phone, knowing that it’s early morning. 4:27am. You sigh again, wishing you’d blown him off and just gone back to bed, back to Yoongi.

Btu you said you’d see him and you know that’s the right choice. You check in on Yoongi again to find him still sleeping deeply before you put on a jacket and head out of the dorms.

The street is quiet and cold as you make your way towards the bar, mentally preparing yourself for what you’re walking into. You hope he’s civil enough for you to work things out with him, but from his slurring on the phone you’re not sure that will be an option.

You push the door open, immediately being greeted by warm air and stale alcohol. It’s almost empty, only a man and women sitting together in a booth and Jungkook sitting by himself at the bar occupying it. You step up behind him, he’s holding his head in his hands against the bar and doesn’t even look up when you sit down beside him.

“Jungkook?”

He lifts his head slowly, staring at you with bloodshot eyes. He blinks, as if he didn’t expect to see you.

“Y/N…” He begins, his eyes looking over your face as he takes in that you’re really here in in front of him. “You came.”

“I was worried about you.”

He laughs softly, shaking his head. “You were worried about me…”

You place a hand on his arm, wanting him to understand your words that he seems to be having trouble grasping. “I still care about you, Jungkook.”

“But not enough.”

His words break you. You wish desperately that you could help him. You wish you could forget about what he put you through, what he did to you, but you can’t. And as much as you hate to see him hurting, you’re thankful that your rational thinking still makes itself known. Because if he did it once, there is every chance that he will do it again.

“I love you, Y/N,” He states, and those words have your heart shattering. Why could he have said those words when you were together?

“Don’t do this now, please,” You remove your hand from his arm, not wanting to give him the wrong idea, when he grabs it and holds it firmly within his own.

“Please don’t pull away from me,” His eyes are open and shining and in this moment he looks so vulnerable. But you cannot indulge him; you’re with Yoongi, not him.

“Let go, Jungkook.”

You’re surprised when he lets go slowly, placing his hands back on the bar. “I want to be with you, Y/N.”

“Why are you doing this now? All the time we were together you never once said those words to me, and now when it’s too late, when I’m with someone else, you say it.” You pause to breathe, your throat tight. “Why are you doing this to me?”

“Because I love you!” His voice is loud in the almost empty space.

You blink slowly, waiting for him to calm down. “I don’t want us to end badly.”

He scoffs, as if that isn’t possible. You feel your phone vibrate in your pocket; you pull it out glancing at the screen. Guilt settles in your stomach when you see Yoongi’s name flashing on the screen, reluctantly you press ignore and look up at Jungkook. “I have to go back.”

You begin to get up from your seat, but his grabs your wrist again looking up at you with pleading eyes. “No you don’t. You can stay here with me.”

You pull your wrist free from him, flinching as if his touch burned you. “You’re drunk.”

You walk towards the exit needing to get back to Yoongi. You make it outside when you sense someone behind you. You turn around, only to come face to face with Jungkook. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t want you to leave,” He states, looking you up and down.

“We’ll talk about this later,” You turn away from him; you’re phone vibrating once again. “Go sleep it off.”

You walk away then surprised that despite his words he doesn’t follow you.

 

You make it back to the dorms, taking the elevator straight up to Yoongi’s room, hoping that despite the three missed calls on your phone he’s not too worried about you. You step inside the apartment the eerie quiet putting you on edge. You make your way back towards the bedroom only to find it empty. Where would he go?

You hope he hasn’t gone out in search of you. You try to call him, only for it to ring through to voicemail. You sigh, unsure as to where he would be. You leave the apartment, running right into Hoseok.

“Y/N?” He asks confused as he looks down at you.

“Oh Hoseok, I’m sorry,” You try and right yourself again. You look at him, taking in the bag slung over his shoulder. “Are you going somewhere?”

“Just to the gym,” He begins to walk past you when you stop him.

“Have you seen Yoongi?”

“I saw him heading towards his studio just before,” He responds with a smile, leaving you then apparently running late.

You pass none of the other boys, the hallways empty as you wind through them. The sun is only just beginning to come up, so you doubt you’ll see them for a while.  

You get to the studio and stand outside the door before knocking quietly. There’s no answer, so you open the door sticking your head in. He’s there sitting at his computer with his headphones on. You step in, closing the door behind you loud enough for him to turn around.

“Y/N…” He breathes.

“Yoongi,” You respond quietly, not sure if he’s mad at you for not telling him you were going out or not.

He removes his headphones, letting them hang around his neck as he takes you in. “Are you okay?”

Your stomach clenches at the worry in his voice. You walk forward until you stand in front of him. “I’m okay.”

“Where did you go? I tried calling but you -,” He trails off, because obviously you know why you ignored his calls more than he does.

You look down, not wanting to make him mad. He needs to understand that you needed to do this. “Jungkook called me.” His eyes flash. “He was drunk.”

“And you went to him?” He doesn’t say it accusingly, but the words still cause guilt to spike within you once again. You can only nod. You watch as he swallows thickly. “Did you try anything?”

You’re eyes widen; now knowing why he looked mad. “N-No. He just wanted to talk to me.”

He nods again, taking in your words. “And?”

“He told me he loves me,” You don’t see any sense in keeping that a secret.

His face gives nothing away as you stare at him, looking for some kind of reaction. Eventually he sighs, running his hand through his hair. “What did you say?”

You smile, which throws him off. “I told him he’s too late.”

His eyes widen slightly at that, as if he had expected you to say that you’re leaving him to go back to Jungkook. He opens his mouth to reply when the studio door is pushed open. You turn around your eyes immediately looking into Jungkook’s.

“Wha-,”

“Can I speak with you?” He asks through clenched teeth.

You sigh harshly; did you not tell him to go sleep it off? “We just talked.”

His eyes flash darkly. “You left before I said what I wanted to say.”

You say nothing, not wanting to anger him further. He breathes deeply, obviously still under some of the effect of the alcohol. “Now can you come outside so I can talk to you?”

“No.”

“What was that?”

“I said no. If you have something to say then you can say it here.”

His eyes move from you to Yoongi and then back, a twisted smirk making its way onto his lips. “So this is really it then? You’re just chucking me to the side?” He gestures towards Yoongi in disgust. “For him?”

You glare at him; does he have no respect for Yoongi at all? Does he have no respect for you? Did he even mean it when he said he was in love with you? Because you have seen nothing to make you believe that he does.

“I’m not chucking you to the side, Jungkook. I’ve outgrown you.”

The smirk leaves his face then, his expression becoming unreadable. You continue then this back and forth that the two of you have had going has to stop. You’re done.

“Jungkook, I do love you.” You pause, allowing it to sink in. “No matter what you did to me that will always be true. I can’t change that and I don’t want to.” His face softens, giving you a glimpse of the Jungkook that you used to know. You look away hating your next words, hating what he did to you. “But you broke me. So yes this is the end for us. I’m with Yoongi and you need to be okay with that.”

“And if I’m not?” His tone is once again hard.

You look back up at him, making sure to hold his eye. “I love Yoongi.”

Jungkook chuckles darkly, his eyes flashing as he stares beside you. “Is this what you wanted all along, Hyung?”

Yoongi looks at him but says nothing, there’s no point when Jungkook is like this.

So he continues, now yelling in the small space. “You were just waiting for an opening so you could take her away from me, weren’t you!”

“Jungkook, please don’t do this. Not now,” You plead, not wanting everything to end like this.

He turns to you, his eyes shining furiously. “What did you expect to happen? You left me just so you could date him.”

“You cheated on me you !” You yell, startling yourself at how lethal your tone is.

He looks shocked for all of a second before he’s glaring at you again.

“Whatever. You two deserve each other.”

He turns around then and opens the door. It takes you a second to realise that he’s going to leave just like that, with no resolution between you. He really knows nothing about love.

“Jungkook, wai-,”

The door slamming shut cuts you off.

Your heart constricts painfully in your chest at his absence. You’d finally had that conversation with him, finally told him you’re over. And yet the relief you assumed you’d feel is outweighed by the heavy sadness of losing him. Because you did just lose him.

You turn back to Yoongi with tears in your eyes. He hesitates briefly before he’s off his desk and you’re encircled in his arms. The slight smell of coffee and spices invading your senses as you breathe him in, your face nuzzling into his neck. You wish you could cry, because somehow that would make this feel more real, but no tears fall as you breathe heavily against his skin.

You have everything you want in Yoongi. Everything that you were searching for in your relationship with Jungkook had been right here in this rapper the whole time. But then why does it hurt so much?

He pulls away slightly, hands placed on your shoulders so he can look into your eyes. There’s a smile on his face that you don’t quite understand. Why is he smiling after what just happened?

“You love me?” He breathes hesitantly, still unsure of the truth of the words.

You’re surprised by the smile that stretches across your face, because it’s just so perfect and real. And you’ve never felt such overwhelming love for someone in your life before, and while the very idea of giving your heart to someone again should be terrifying, you find yourself pressing your lips against his.

“I love you,” You declare, your face split with a grin.

You watch as his face lights up, his eyes sparkling. He pulls you against him again, his arms strong around you as you hold him. You push Jungkook from your mind, you’ll make it right another day. For now both of you are silent and you begin to wonder if Yoongi’s going to say anything. You wonder if he’s ready, but even so you find yourself thinking, well even if he’s not you’re sure enough of your feelings to wait for him.  

Because you love Min Yoongi -

“I love you too,” He whispers into your hair.

- of that you are sure.