One.

You're Just A Kid

“Do you think this would be a good gift for Taehyung?” You ask holding up a large grey scarf that was silky soft against your fingers.

Jungkook looks up from his phone, his face slightly annoyed at you having interrupted whatever he was doing. He flicks his light fringe out of his eyes as his eyes scrutinize the fabric. He takes a step towards you, placing his phone into his pocket and grabs the scarf from your hands.

“Why are you getting Tae a gift?”

You blink at him, surprised that he felt the need to ask.

“It’s his birthday,” Your voice is lowered as your confusion rises.

“I know that. But why are you getting him a gift?” His tone holds something that you don’t really like, though you choose to ignore it. He makes a point of emphasising the you, as if you had no right to do such things. You hated when he got like this. Usually you wouldn’t leave these things until the last minute but this the first day you’ve gotten to spend with him in weeks due to his busy schedule and he chooses to spend it on his phone and speaking to you in such a hard tone.

You scoff quietly to yourself, grabbing the scarf back from his hands and walk past him to the register. “He’s my friend; it would look weird if I didn’t give him a present for his birthday.”

He says nothing more as you pay and both head out of the store.

“Let’s eat,” He says grabbing your hand in his as he leads you down the busy street.

It’s been like this ever since you two began dating, one minute you would be wondering if he was listening to the words you said, his own tone taking on a sharp edge that always served to piss you off. And the next he was clinging onto you, holding your hand tenderly in his, his mouth curved up into a smile as if he was the luckiest guy in the world.

“Where are we going?”

He smiles down at you, pulling you into a café a second later, leading you into a corner booth. He sits down on the dark vinyl covering the seat and pulls you down with him, causing you to stumble half sitting on his lap. You laugh quietly as you push yourself off his lap only to be stopped by his arms around your waist holding you against him.

“Jungkook, what are you doing?” You try to right yourself as the waitress makes her way to your table.

He keeps a tight hold on you as the waitress stands at your table, her dark hair pulled into a high pony tail at the back of her head as she smiles down at you, or at Jungkook.

“What can I get for you?” She asks, her eyes staring past you at Jungkook. You try to twist around, so you can see the look on his face, sure that he is not paying attention to her clear attraction to him. His arms tighten, causing you to sit forward and pout as he asks for two milkshakes. The waitress leaves and he finally releases you allowing you to finally slide off his lap and look at him.

He looks at you with a big grin, as if he was amused by the whole situation.

“What was that?” You ask your tone hard as you try to figure him out.

He leans in close to you, placing his large hand on your thigh. “I’m just trying to show affection towards my girlfriend.” His hand tightens as he leans in closer, you can feel his hot breath fan across your face as his lips come close to your cheek. You shake your head, placing a hand on his chest and pushing him back with a small smile.

“There’s affection and then there’s smothering.”

He leans back, pouting at your rejection, though his hand remains on your thigh.

“You’d think you’d be more into your boyfriend touching you,” He retorts, knowing how much it annoyed you when he tried to use that against you.

You stare at him, trying to work out what is going on with him today and what you can do to fix it.

“What’s up with you today?”

He gives you a hard stare and you know your questioning is beginning to get on his nerves. Sure he was a young happy guy in front of the cameras, but you knew a different story. Sure he was great and he showed you the affection you deserved because he loves you, he told you himself. But he has a temper, and though he’s never hit you or done anything even close to that you still see a glint in his eyes that puts you on edge. And in times like these you’ve learned to back off, if only to avoid a confrontation that you honestly don’t have the energy for.

You plaster a smile on your face as you snuggle yourself closer into his body. He accepts you with no hesitation. “Forget it, let’s just enjoy today.”