Chapter 6

I See You

"So Jin, how old are you, when is your birthday, what year were you born, what classes are you taking, what do you want to be when you are older, what is your favourite colour, what is your favourite food, do you have any siblings?" Taehyung asked.

"One question at a time, Tae" Jimin said glaring at his best friend.

"I do not mind, I am 18, my birthday is December 4, I was born in 92, I am taking Catering, Technological Studies and Business, I really would like to be a chef but my parents want me to take over there business, my favourite colour is blue and pink, I had one older sibling but he past away when I was younger in a car crash and I love all types of food that I could not really tell" Jin answered. 

"I am sorry to hear about your brother" Hoseok said.

"It is alright, I was extremely young when he died" Jin replied.

"You cook?" Jungkook said.

"Of course, you would pick up on the food one, brat trying to get free food out of everyone" Yoongi complained.

"Yes, I enjoy cooking, it is the only time that I feel that I can properly be myself" Jin replied. 

The bell went, and everyone stood up, Namjoon grabbed a hold of Jin's hand once more not caring that others were watching him. He pulled Jin towards the canteen's exit and started walking down the corridor towards his lesson.

"I am guessing you have catering now" Namjoon asked as they walked to pass his music room.

"Yes, so that means you have music" Jin answered.

"Yep, I will see you later remember, meet us at the canteen or I will come looking for you" Namjoon said before pressing a kiss to Jin's forehead and entering the classroom. Jin blushed and quickly ran to his class, he was the first one to arrive, so he took his seat and waited, it did not take long until the class started filling up.

"Good morning class, as you know today is the day of your assignment, we have bought all the ingredients that you would need and have put them out at each workstation the amount you will need but if need you can ask for more, as this is an assignment you have to be quiet. You are second years now so you should know the rules. Please head to your station and begin" the teacher said when she arrived.

Jin worked as quickly as he could, he was making a three-course meal designed on different cultures, two from the east and one from the west. His eyes were focused on everything he was going, he did not want to make any mistakes which would mean he would be downgraded. It was not until he was letting all the food cook did his mind started thinking about the people he was with this morning.  

'People actually want to be friends with me, they all seemed nice but is that just because they have met me or that Namjoon wanted me to be there and they are only being nice for Namjoon's sake. Anna was right, I am a freak and I have no right on that table but is it wrong that for once in my life I might be able to make friends, is it wrong that I want to make friends' Jin thought to himself.

"Okay everyone you have 10 minutes remaining, so start plating everything up" the teacher informed them. Jin grabbed all the plates that he needed and started putting all the food on them, taking extra time to add detail to decoration and display in the hope they would add more marks.  


Jin slowly made his way to the canteen he had promised to meet up with everyone to show them his cooking but he was dreading it, even when he had received a warm welcome from most of the people in the group it did not stop him from feeling like he was overstepping a boundary but he knew if he tried to stay away then Namjoon would come and find him. He arrived at the canteen a little later than planned, he had been standing outside for at least five minutes having an internal debate about whether he should go in or not.

Everyone was already there including the girls from earlier, Namjoon had put his bag on the space beside him to prevent anyone from taking it. Seokjin walked over to the table earning some glares from the girls.

"Is this your cooking?" Taehyung asked as Jin put a container down on the table and took the space beside Namjoon.

"Yes, I am not very good" Seokjin replied.

"Stop lying to yourself, you are an amazing cook" Namjoon said as he reached over and grabbed some of the cooking with the others following, though all the girls just stared at him, hoping that the longer they stared he would just suddenly disappear.

"This is amazing" Yoongi spoke as he reached over for more.

"He is right this is really good, it is so good" Hoseok said.

"Thank you so much for the kind comments, will you excuse me for a minute, I need to go to the toilet" Jin answered before standing up and quickly exiting the canteen.

Anna watched as Jin left the table, her eyes were like slits as he got further and further away. She hated that someone like him had wormed his way into Namjoon's group, he was a freak, he had no place on this table. 

"Namjoonie, I am going to re-apply my makeup, I will be back soon unless you want to come with me, I am kidding" Anna giggled before standing up and walking off, she heard Jungkook muttering that she did not need any more makeup as her face was still covered in it. She wanted to snap at the Maknae but stopped herself as she did not want to offend Namjoonie as they were friends but her Namjoonie and this freak were not.

She walked into the boys' bathroom closest to the canteen, it was empty with the exception of Jin. He was currently washing his hands and had yet seen her. Her eyes darkened at the sight of him, the boy who rejected her, no one ever rejected her and because he did it, it meant Namjoon had also be persuaded to do it, everything in her life had gone wrong when she had met him.

Anna walked quickly up behind him and shoved him straight into the nearest wall, he hit his head first before falling ungracefully to the floor. A hand instantly went to the area of pain whilst he turned to see who had pushed him, his eyes widened when they landed on Anna.

"What was that for?" Jin asked dreading the answer.

"You are a freak who had no right to be in our friendship group so you better crawl back to the dirty freaky hole that you came from and leave us alone because if you do not then I will make your life a living hell. You being here is ruining all my chances of being with the man who loves me, so I will destroy all your chances at employment, a relationship, any friends who might show interest in your pathetic life, I will ruin everything, one by one" Anna threatened.