Chapter 20

I See You

"Jiyeong, I am so sorry to hear about Seoyeon, she was an amazing woman, is there something you wanted. I understand if you need time to process everything or need any assistance with your company" Namjoon's stepfather said.

"No, Yejun that is not why I called, I was thinking that with Seoyeon gone, something could happen to either of us anytime soon, so it got me thinking that we should bring Seokjin's and Namjoon's wedding forward to maybe the end of this month so we can finalise this deal once and for all" Jiyeong informed Yejun.

"Right, that is a good idea, I will ask Namjoon to meet at yours to inform them of this change" Yejun said before hanging up and quickly sending a text to his step-son.


Seokjin was lying on the couch watching some cooking show when he heard a knock at the door, his father had been acting extremally anxious. Jin watched as his father opened the door to whoever it was and allowed them to enter the house, Jin sat up when he saw his fiancé and stepfather walk into the lounge with his father in toe.

"Joonie?" Jin said in a questioning tone when his fiancé walked over to him.

"Hey, Jinnie" Namjoon said leaning down and pressed a kiss to Jin's lips.

"What's going on Joonie?" Jin asked as he moved to allow Namjoon to sit beside him.

"Not sure, my father just told me we were coming here" Namjoon answered before looking over at their parents. 

"We have been discussing the situation and we believe that it is the best solution is that with the high chance that either Yejun or myself could die in an accident we what to move the wedding forward to the end of this month" Jin's father explained.

"What! Mum just died and you care more about your companies deal then mourning the death of your wife" Jin shouted, anger laced his voice and was present in his eyes.

"Seokjin you have to understand we are making difficult decisions at this moment in time, I cannot let something get in the way of that" Jin's father argued.

"No, you just do not care about us, just yourselves" Namjoon stated glaring at his stepfather and future father-in-law.

"Namjoon quiet" Yejun shouted.

"No, you listen to us, this is our wedding, like hell we are going to let you walk all over it, Namjoon and I are going to be planning our wedding and we will have whoever we want to be there not important individuals from the companies which we have no idea who they are" Jin argued.

"Do you have any idea what political statement this wedding will hold, we cannot just let you run over it with no experience?" Jin's father said.

"Then we will not turn up" Namjoon stated.

"What" Namjoon's stepfather said staring at his stepson in disbelief. 

"Either we plan our own wedding or we will not turn up and you will make a fool of yourselves" Namjoon said.

"Fine you can plan the wedding" Yujen said.

"Thank you for your cooperation" Jin smiled before entangling his fingers with Namjoon's then walked out of the house with his fiancé following.


"Do you have any idea of how to plan a wedding?" Jin asked looking over at his fiancé.

"No clue, what about you?" Namjoon answered.

"Me neither, I'm sure the library has a book about them" Jin said.

"What weddings for dummies?" Namjoon joked.

"Yeah" Jin giggled before pressing his lips against Namjoon's.

"Jin, Namjoon!" A familiar voice said from behind them. Namjoon broke the kiss and wrapped his arms around Jin's waist before turning to face the voice.

"Jimin, hey" Namjoon answered as Jimin and the others approached them.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked.

"We were about to go to the library to find an important book" Namjoon said vaguely.

"What type of book? Taehyung asked.

"Well..." Namjoon started.

"Hobi are you alright?" Jin asked a little concerned about how quiet the normally energetic boy was being.

"No, I am not alright" Hoseok replied but before anyone could ask him what was wrong. He grabbed a hold of Jin's left hand.

"You are getting married to Namjoon and you did not tell us. I thought we were your friends, I feel so betrayed"Jin's eyes widened at what Hoseok said, his eyes trailed down to his left hand where the engagement ring was still on his ring finger.

"" both Namjoon and Jin muttered.