Chapter 18

I See You

Namjoon and Jin walked hand in hand towards the apartment where Namjoon and his stepfather lived. Nerves filled Namjoon's stomach the closer he got, he had no idea how his mother or grandmother would react when Namjoon would be able to see them for the very first time.

"Are you alright Joonie?" Jin asked when he looked over to his fiancé.

"I'm just nervous, what if my Eomma is not proud of what I have done" Namjoon answered.

"Joonie, she will be more than proud of you" Jin said leaning upwards and pressed a kiss to Namjoon's cheek. Namjoon grabbed his keys out of his back pocket when they approached the apartment door. Jin guided Namjoon towards the couches where Jin's mother and grandmother currently were, as usual, they both greeted Namjoon and received no reply.

"I need you to focus, close your eyes and clear your mind" Jin said.

"I hate to tell you but my mind can only focus on what we did a couple of hours ago" Namjoon confessed a smirk appeared on his face.

"You ert" Jin muttered as he hid his embarrassed face in his fiancé's chest.

"Yeah but I am all yours" Namjoon replied.

"Yes, you are" Jin said leaning up and pressed their lips together in an attempt to clear Namjoon's mind. Jin focused all his powers to give Namjoon the sight for a few minutes. 

"Open your eyes" Jin whispered into his fiancé's ear when the process was completed.

"Eomma" Namjoon said when he opened his eyes to see the ghostly figures of his mother and grandmother.

"Namjoon you can see us" Namjoon's mother said shocked.

"Jin used his abilities to give me the sight for only a few minutes, I have always dreamed of this day that I would be able to speak with you again but now I can, I have no idea what to say" Namjoon explained.

"Aww, sweetheart it is okay to be speechless, this is a new world you have just stepped into and I would not blame you for feeling overwhelmed, I was when I first discovered that there was another life after we died and I could spend it watching over you to make sure you were alright without me and look at you, you have made some amazing friends and have a wonderful boyfriend who can look after your clumsy " Namjoon's mother said as she pressed a hand to her son's cheek.

"Jin's my fiancé actually" Namjoon corrected his mother.

"What do you mean fiancé? Aren't you two a bit young to get married?" Namjoon's grandmother suddenly spoke up. 

"My stepfather and Jin's parents arranged a contract between their companies and to ensure that it would never be broken, Jin and I are to marry, we were lucky that we were already dating, I have heard of some cases where the couples are forced to break up no matter how long they were together because of the arranged marriage" Namjoon explained to his dead mother and grandmother.

"He did what, I asked him to look after you and make sure that you would make all the decisions about your life for yourselves and not for his benefit, this is your life he should not be forcing either of you into something that you would not have been comfortable with if you were not dating, if I was still alive, I would bloody strangle that a man" Namjoon's mother complained.

"I know mother but there is no one else I want to spend my life with then Seokjin" Namjoon confessed looking down at his fiancé.

"Well as long as you are happy then I guess I will have to accept that this is what is going to be happening, Namjoon, I know that I might not be able to be here for you as much as I would have liked since I died but whether you can see me or not, I just want you to know that I will always be there watching out for you no matter what, you have made me proud sweetheart" Namjoon's mother said. 

"Thank you Eomma" Namjoon whispered, his mother's outline was slowly blurring, he could feel the powers losing its effect.

"Hello Namjoon, Seokjin" Namjoon's step-father said as he walked into the house, shutting the front door behind him.

"You..." Namjoon turned to face his mother who was visibly shaking with anger, her eyes were staring directly at her husband with a glare which would kill if looks were able to. Jin buried his head in Namjoon's chest trying to muffle the giggle which was threating to leave his throat.

"Hi Dad, Jin and I were about to leave" Namjoon said turning to face his mother but she was no longer there, well visible for him to see.

"Okay, I will see you later son" Namjoon's step-father said as the couple walked out of the house.

"I love you, you know that" Namjoon said turned to face Jin once they had left the house.

"I love you too" Jin replied before leaning upwards and pressing his lips against Namjoon's in a sweet and passionate kiss. 


A/N: Hey guys - I am sorry I didn't update for the last week I was on holiday and the internet was terrible there so I wasn't able to update. So, I have gifted you with two updates to make up.