Chapter 5

I See You

Namjoon and Jin walked side by side, the younger boy had forced the older one to hang out with him and his friends after Jin collapsed the other day, Jin tried to refuse since he did not want to get in the way of Namjoon or his friends but Namjoon was not having it, he even messaged all his friends to show him that they did not mind him hanging out but still Jin was a little reluctant.

They walked through their college gates and everyone's eyes were instantly drawn to them, after all, it was unusual for the known 'freak' of the college to be hanging out with one of the most popular and wanted boys in the college.

"My friends would be in the canteen around about now, we normally meet up there before heading to our lessons together, I take Technological Studies and Business as you know but my third option was music, hence all the music equipment you saw in my room yesterday, what is your third option? If you do not mind me asking?" Namjoon asked.

"Catering, it has always been a dream of mine to open up a restaurant but my parents do not want me to follow it" Jin replied looking at the ground, he felt a little intimidated by all the stares.

"I think you would make an amazing chef after the food I tasted yesterday" Namjoon stated as he grabbed Jin's hand and entangled their fingers together before gently squeezing it to reassure him.

"Thank you and I want to apologise again for passing out like that" Jin answered looking apologetic at Namjoon.

"Hey, I told you, I am completely fine with it, sometimes people faint, and it was probably better it happened when you were at mine then when you were on the way home" Namjoon said smiling at the older boy.

"Yes, you are right, anyway, we better get to your friends or they are going to wonder want is taking you so long to get here" Jin said trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, come on" Namjoon replied before gently pulling Jin in the direction of the canteen, Jin could not help feeling a little anxious.


"Um... I should go" Jin muttered his lips were bruised from the kiss, he quickly grabbed his things before running out the room. His heart was pounding in his chest as he walked down the hallway and towards the front door, he did not hear Namjoon coming after him which made him feel relieved. He did not believe he would be able to look at the younger boy.

"You are the boy that can see us" a voice said, Jin turned to face the sofa where the two ghosts sat.

"I told you, mother, he can see us" the same voice spoke.

"But that is impossible no one has ever seen us" the other woman muttered in shock.

"That is because the only people who come here are either Namjoon or my husband but we have never seen him before he must have some gift" the first woman said.

"Possible, hey boy how can you see us" the second woman shouted.

"Do not shout mother, you are scaring him" the first woman scolded her mother. Jin felt his legs go and everything went black.


When he woke up, he felt himself laying on someone's hard chest. Jin rubbed his eyes and looked up to see Namjoon. The other boy seemed to be in the world of his own, he was gently running his fingers through Jin's hair waiting for the older boy to wake up.

"What happened?" Jin muttered to himself, he felt Namjoon's hand suddenly stop before continuing. 

"You fainted, I was so scared that something bad had happened to you, you are staying here tonight because I cannot risk you fainting again before you get home and tomorrow you are hanging out with us, I will not let anything happen to you, you have no idea how scared I was at the thought that I had lost you" Namjoon explained.

"No, I could not intrude on your friendship group" Jin argued.

"Look, I have messaged them asking whether you could hang out with us and they are all agreeing, please I need to make sure you are alright" Namjoon muttered pulling Jin closer.

"Fine, I will hang out with you tomorrow" Jin answered, a little reluctantly.


The canteen was not that busy that early in the morning, most of the tables were empty apart from a few of them. Namjoon gave a wave to his friends, everyone was there including their unwelcome additional. The girls all let out a scream of his name but soon went deathly quiet when their eyes landed on Jin which made the older boy feel even more uncomfortable by being there.

"Guys this is Kim Seokjin, remember I told you over the group chat that he would be sitting with us today" Namjoon said introducing Jin to his friends. Seokjin gave them an awkward wave before hiding behind Namjoon once more.

"Aww, you are so cute, I am Park Jimin, this is my boyfriend Min Yoongi, sitting over there is Kim Taehyung and beside him is his boyfriend Jeon Jungkook and the smiling ray of sunshine is Jung Hoseok" Jimin introduced them.

"Hey, what about us?" One of the girls complained.

"Namjoon, we all know you have a kind heart but bring a freak like him over even when we all know that you do not want him to be here is really cutting it. Just forget about him, a freak like him does not belong anywhere near us" Anna said glaring at Seokjin.

"Well, if that is what you think?" Namjoon started, he saw a smug look appear on Anna's face before he added "You all better leave, we all agreed that Seokjin would be joining our table and those who do not like that idea is more than welcome to leave after all we do not need people with your opinions on our table". Namjoon sat down beside Hoseok then he grabbed Jin by the waist and pulled him onto his lap, a blush spread across Jin's cheeks. The girls did not speak another word.