Twelve

LOVE : Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung's POV

"Hyung, I'm nervous.." Both me and my manager were standing outside the room where the script reading was held.

He patted my back. "You can do it, Taehyung-ah. I will be standing at the side of the room." He smiled as he nudged me forward.

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the large room. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't sleep well yesterday thinking about today's script reading. Many thoughts invaded my mind. What if I couldn't deliver my lines well? What if I didn't meet their expectations? What if Amy-ssi didn't like me as her partner since I'm just a rookie actor? Will all the actors and actresses accept me as the main lead especially when I'm an idol? Will they have any prejudice towards me?

There were many people in the room. A few heads turned towards me whereas some of them were engaged in conversations. I gave a bow to everyone that I passed. There were many familiar faces which I have seen in dramas. Amy-ssi was nowhere to be found though.

"Hello, Taehyung. You are here."

I turned to the source of the voice. It was Aeri-ssi, the scriptwriter for the drama. "Hello, Aeri-ssi." I bowed at her.

She smiled. "You can call me noona. You look nervous. Just relax. Let all your emotions out. I'm looking forward to see your performance later." She patted my back and left to talk to another actor.

I greeted everyone in the room and talked to some of my co-stars that I will be working with. There were fifteen minutes left before the script reading starts. I excused myself to go to the washroom to ease my nervousness. I sighed while walking. Some of them were friendly but there were some who looked at me with judging expressions. It was totally different from when I was with my first drama. Everyone in my previous drama accepted me well. Was it because I was just a supporting actor or there were few idol actors in the previous drama? I realised that none of the actors are idols besides me in this drama.

I was just a step before entering the washroom when I heard voices from there.

"Hey, have you seen Kim Taehyung's acting before? I can't believe that Aeri-ssi has chosen him to be the main lead.There are so many better actors out there. Why choose an idol?"

"Yeah. He acted in Hwarang with just a minor role and his character was not even outstanding. I don't know what she sees in him. I bet that even Amy-ssi will not be able to pull the ratings up. Her effort alone is not enough."

" Even if the rating is high is also due to his fans"

"I know right. His fans are no joke. What a waste.."

I fiddled with my fingers contemplating whether I should use the washroom. I sighed. Maybe I will just go later. Before I can turned around, I felt someone pulling my hand tugging me away from the washroom. I looked at the hand that was holding my wrist and then I looked up.

"Amy-sunbae" I said in shock.

She was looking ahead with a furious expression. She was grumbling. She looked kind of cool with her hair swaying.

"Uhh.. Amy-sunbae, where are you bringing me?"

"I'm bringing you to another washroom. There's one down the hall."

"Uhh.."

She halted when we reached the another washroom. She turned to look at me. "Ignore those stupid people. Go ahead." She gestured to it.

"Um.. Thank you." I bowed to her before entering the washroom.

I washed my face to freshen up myself. I sighed while looking at myself in the mirror. What they said was true though. Maybe I wasn't good enough. I sighed again.

I saw her waiting outside once I stepped out of the washroom. She was looking down, drawing patterns on the floor with her feet. I smiled at her behaviour. She seemed to be in deep thought. I wonder what was she thinking that caused her to frown. "Sunbae.." I called her.

She looked up and smiled at me. "Let's go. It's going to start soon."

I smiled back and nodded at her.

We

Please log in to read the full chapter