Ten

LOVE : Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Min Yoongi's POV

Flashback

I stared at the contract that was offered to me with mixed feelings as I exited the building. When I looked up, I saw her. She was pacing up and down with her head bent down. I chuckled internally at her behaviour. I realised at this moment that I couldn't lose her even to the extent of sacrificing my dream. She's the sole reason that my life wasn't bleak anymore. She's just like a candle that brightened up my world. I tried to put on my best smile. 

"Hey" I said as I approached her.

She looked up. "So how? Did they offer you the contract?" She asked excitedly.

I nodded. "Yea.. but I was given some time to go through the contract and I have to submit with my signature by next Monday." I said as I kept the contract in my backpack.

She smiled and clapped. "That's cool! Congratulations!" She hugged me and patted my back. "I'm proud of you, Yoongi-yah." 

It felt warm...her embrace. I buried my face in her shoulder. I didn't want to ever let go. When she wanted to release me, I hugged her closer. "Don't. Let us stay like this for awhile." I mumbled.

"Yoongi, what's wrong?" She asked when she realised my strange behaviour.

"I'm not signing the contract." I mumbled on her shoulder.

"What? Why?" She sounded astonished.

"They said I can be a producer but I have to be an idol as well."

"Ah.. I see. You don't want to be an idol?" 

"No.. I don't mind.. It's just... one of the conditions in the contract is that I'm not supposed to be in a relationship for the first few years after debut."

She released me from the hug and cupped my face with both of her hands. I looked at her gloomily. Her gaze filled with understanding and love. "Aww.. so that's what making my Yoongi feeling depressed huh?" She squished my cheeks giving me a tiny smile.

"I-"

"Let's break up then." She interrupted me calmly. There was no hesitation in her eyes.

I was caught off guard by her words. I swatted her hands away. "Wh-what? You can't say it so easily!" I exclaimed feeling a sudden rise of anger building up in me. I grabbed both her arms. "Do you think so little of our relationship?! Am I not important to you?!" I raised my voice, feeling betrayed. 

"Yoongi.. your dream is important.." She tried to reasoned with me.

"You are important too!" I yelled at her. 

"This is once in a lifetime! You may not gain this opportunity in the future again!" She yelled back.

"I can find other ways. That's not the only company out there." I said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, right. You submitted your songs to many companies and they rejected them." She argued. 

I glared at her. "That's because the songs didn't fit their style. There will be a company that will like my songs."

"That company is BigHit then."

"There are others too!"

"Yoongi.." She said with a tired sigh.

"I'm not arguing with you over this anymore" I stalked past her.

She pulled my hand and hug me. "Listen to me, Yoongi. This opportunity will slip past your hand if you don't grab it. I'm always here. I won't slip past your hand."

"You just told me to break up." I mumbled feeling defeated.

"But we can be together again in the future." She assured me while rubbing my back with one hand trying to calm me down.

I embraced her, hugging her closer to me. "Yoomi..that future will be in a few years time." I muttered weakly.

"I don't care." Her voice filled with determination.

"We won't be able to meet each other for a few years. How can you be so sure you will still have feelings for me after so long?" 

"I'm sure. I promise I won't let you go not until you let me go."

"Yoomi..." I protested.

She let go of me but with one hand still hugging my waist. Another hand resting on my cheek. Her eyes searching for mine. "Yoongi.. I want you to chase your dreams.. I don't want you to have any regrets in the future." She whispered, her thumb carressing my cheek with care. Her gaze filled with a swirl of emotions. Care.. Concern..Fear..Sadness..Love. She then dropped her hands with a sigh. I felt chill from the sudden lack of contact. I wanted her to continue to embrace me. I wanted her warmth. "Besides.." She added and bit her lip hesitating on her next words. "Who knows you may find a girl who is better than me in the future."

The sentence was like a slap in the face. I closed my eyes trying to control my anger. "Yoomi, you really have a knack of getting on my nerves." 

"Yoongi.." 

"I'm going to tear the contract if you said such sentence again." I growled.

"Don't you dare!" Her eyes widen in shock.

"Then don't you dare to say such sentence again!" I yelled fuming with anger.

"I- how can you be so sure you won't fall for another girl? There are so many pretty idol girls out there." She said bitterly.

"Then what about you? How can you be so sure you won't fall for another guy? There are already so many guys in school who are interested in you." I threw her words back to her. "What's more in university? There are so many capable guys there with great results and from a decent background. You think you will still want me? Me?" I pointed to myself. "A guy who just barely passed his exams?" I chuckled bitterly. I pointed to myself again. "Me? An un-" She pressed her lips against mine cutting off my sentence. I closed my eyes savouring the moment. I opened my eyes when I tasted something wet and salty at the tip of my tongue. It was her tears. Her eyes were closed with tears stained on her face. I pulled away so that I can have a clear look of her face. She slowly opened her eyes looking at me with a hurtful expression.

"Why? Why do you always degrade yourself like that?! Why? Why? Why?!" She kept hitting my chest with both her fists not looking at me. She was in a crying mess.

All I could do was to stare at her forlornly while letting her hit me. I knew I would hurt her with those words. I knew she hated me saying those words and yet I almost said them.

"It's tr-"

"Don't say it's true just because people said that! Those people who said those words are thoughtless!" She yelled.

I sighed. I hurt her feelings again huh. "Shh..shh..okay okay.. I promise I won't say them again. Please don't cry..." I comforted her. I wiped her tears away with  my thumbs. "There..there... I'm sorry okay.. I won't say them again. You look ugly when you cry." I said with a crooked smile.

She glared at me but did not say anything.

"It's getting late. Let's go home." I said as I grabbed her hand and walked to the nearest bus stop.

She nodded.

I held her hand in silence during the entire bus ride home. Normally, she would chatter a lot but she was very quiet today. I knew it was because of our earlier outburst. Even though she did not say it but I knew she was still mad at me. She would sneak a glance at me from time to time and each time I caught her looking at me, I would smirk at her. She would then quickly turned away with her cheeks blushing. I knew she wanted to say something to me but she did not have the courage to say it so I waited patiently for her to speak first.

We reached her house after 5 minutes of walking distance from the bus stop and yet she still hadn't said anything. We stood outside her gate.

I sighed. "Yoomi.."

"I'm sorry!" She blurted out.

I stared at her blinking. I wasn't expecting those words to come out from . The one who should say sorry was me. "Why? What for?" I asked looking confused.

"I'm sorry for hurting you and yelling at you..." She mumbled looking down.

She looked like a kicked puppy. I chuckled.

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"I'm not mad, Yoomi.." I said as I gazed at her fondly. I caressed her cheek. "The one who should apologise is me. I'm sorry." 

She smiled. "Promise me you won't degrade yourself again." She said showing her pinky finger.

I rolled my eyes. "I already gave you my promise just now."

"That was without pinky promise. Come on. Give me your pinky finger." She nudged me with her pinky finger.

I groaned but still wound my pinky finger around hers. "Satisfied?" I said sarcastically.

"Yup!" She giggled. 

I'm glad she's back to her cheerful self again.

I sighed. "Let's do it."

"Do what?" She cocked her head.

"Breakup."

"Oh." Her expression faltered.

"Why? You changed your mind? I would be very glad then." I smirked.

She frowned. "Why do I feel that I'm forcing you to do this? You are the one who is chasing after your dreams."

I shrugged. "There are other methods to chase my dreams. Even if I couldn't, I can always search for an altenative."

"You don't know what you are talking about." She muttered bitterly.

"Then you know what you are talking about?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

She rolled her eyes. "Of course I know! This is your dream we are talking about. You will regret for the rest of your life if you didn't pursue your dreams." 

"What about you?" I stared at her judging her expression. 

"W-what about me?" She asked, taken aback.

I leaned forward towards her, staring intently into her eyes.

She leaned back, eyes blinking. "W-what?" She stuttered.

"Are you pursuing your dreams?" I asked with a serious expression.

"O-of course I am! C-can't you see I studied hard every day?" She stuttered while avoiding my gaze.

Liar. "Yoomi, you know what I'm talking about." I said, voice serious.

"I don't know what you are talking about." She mumbled still not looking at me.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I ruffled my hair. Why do I feel that we are beating around the bush? 

She then cupped my face. I opened my eyes. Her gaze piercing and her expression unreadable. "Yoongi.. You wanted to be a producer and you got the offer. What's stopping you? I don't want to be a barrier on your journey to your dream." 

I gulped. 

"You know which part of you that I admired the most?" Her expression soften. "Your passion in music and y

Please log in to read the full chapter