Sequel 4

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Wheein was walking down the street by herself. She was looking at the receipt as she searched for the restaurant. She has decided to face Moonbyul alone first. She wasn’t sure if Moonbyul was ready to face Yongsun.

She has left Yongsun with Minhyuk at the hotel. She knew she needed to find Moonbyul first.

“I have to do something. Can you be on your own with Minhyuk for a while?”

“Sure, we can eat lunch together. I will just stay at the hotel with him.”

Minhyuk was getting ready for his swim. He had his swimming gear and was waiting patiently for his mother. Yongsun was wearing her light pink bikini with a long flowery skirt. She looked so perfect and Wheein couldn’t keep her eyes off her.

Damn this woman. She might be a mother of a 5 year old boy but her body just oozed out her iness and charming side of Kim Yongsun.

“Stop staring.”

Wheein steered her gaze away but her cheeks were flushing red. Yongsun was blushing as well. The two red-faced women were avoiding each other. They were extremely shy for some reason. But Minhyuk had always been the bridge for the both of them.

“Umma, are you shy?”

“Heh?”

“Mommy Wheein, are you feeling hot?”

“Ah, no. I need the washroom.”

Wheein quickly brushed past Yongsun as Yongsun made her way to the other end of the hotel room. Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention to the television. Wheein was in the bathroom; she closed the door shut. Her heart was beating rapidly; Kim Yongsun was just so hot in her bikini.

“What the hell am I supposed to do now? Damn it! Damn it!”

Wheein screamed to herself while Yongsun was packing her toiletry bag. She grabbed Minhyuk’s extra clothes to change later on and also packed in some sunblock lotion. Her cheeks were really hot and she could feel her heart beating hard against her chest.

“Calm down. Calm down.”

She was urging her own heart. Ten minutes later, Wheein came out from the bathroom. She smiled at Yongsun who was already preparing to leave the hotel room. Minhyuk was really excited.

“Mommy Wheein, we will meet you later!”

“Okay, Minhyuk. Be careful, okay? And listen to Umma.”

Minhyuk nodded eagerly and pulled his mother along with him. Yongsun waved goodbye before closing the door behind her. Wheein sighed before turning her attention to the phone. The private investigator has confirmed that Moonbyul works at the restaurant.

“It’s time for us to meet, Moon Byulyi. Stop running away from me.”

 

-

“Where is Moonbyul?”

Hwasa was searching for the woman. Moonbyul has been acting weirdly lately. The latter was keeping quiet to herself ever since she found out that one of the patrons could be her wife.

“She has done a lot of deliveries. I’m asking her to take a break.”

Hwasa’s father was concerned because Moonbyul worked non-stop. Hwasa nodded and then went back to the kitchen. At the same time, Wheein stepped into the restaurant. She looked around but she couldn’t find the woman she intended to find.

Hwasa’s father was attending to the patrons when he turned to find Wheein familiar. He was shocked when he realized who Wheein was. But the woman just looked around and then turned away. She left the restaurant.

“What is that girl doing here?”

He wondered to himself. He remembered the girl. That girl was the reason why his daughter almost gave up on herself. His daughter has fallen in love with a girl. She confessed to her one night.

“Appa..”

“Wae? Why are your eyes so red? Did you cry?”

Hwasa’s father was worried when he found his daughter sitting outside of their house; drenched in the rain. She was soaked to the skin.

“Why didn’t you come in? What are you doing in the rain?”

He was really concerned when Hwasa kept crying. He rushed in and grabbed a towel. He wrapped around his daughter’s shoulders and carried her in. Anh Hyejin has always been the stronger one among her siblings. She knew what was expected of her and Hyejin had never given any problems to her father.

She’s filial and listens to her parents well. But Hyejin has dreams that her parents couldn’t fulfil. Her family wasn’t really well-to-do but she has tried her best to do well in school. However Anh Hyejin prefers to sing. She had always wanted to be a singer.

Unfortunately, Hyejin’s dream couldn’t be fulfilled. So she ended up singing at bars while working for her family at the restaurant. But to watch his daughter breaking down in front of him; Hwasa’s father was extremely concerned.

“Hyejin ah, what happened? Tell Appa.”

“Appa, will you hate me?”

“Why should I hate you?”

“I’m not a typical girl.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m in love with a girl.”

Hwasa’s father could always remember how his heart plunged when he knew his daughter was different. But he could never abandon her. He accepted her flaws and surprisingly his wife and his family were open to it.

So since then, Hyejin has always been special to her family. Her father cared about her a lot more than anyone else. And he found out about the girl who stole his daughter’s heart.

“Hyejin ah, is she looking for you?”

He was worried.

-

Moonbyul was not far away from the restaurant but she wanted a quiet place to herself. The past few days, things were crazy for her. Kim Yongsun, that patron from the hotel, could be her wife. Her heart ached so badly just at the mere thought of Kim Yongsun.

But she never had the courage to look for the woman at the hotel. She went yesterday but she was hiding in the carpark. Her eyes were transfixed at the entrance; her heart wanted to meet Yongsun badly but she was afraid.

She was terrified. If Yongsun was here; Wheein should be here too. And then she thought of Minhyuk. She misses her son so much. But days went by; she didn’t see them. Moonbyul assumed that they have went back to Seoul. She was depressed thinking of it.

So she turned to her job and worked her off. Mr Anh reprimanded her earlier on.

“YA! You might be dead if you continue working like this. Take a break. Don’t come back until I ask you to.”

Moonbyul couldn’t really say no. Mr Anh was very firm and Moonbyul thanked him before leaving for the lake. She sat on the bench; facing the lake. The tranquillity and peacefulness of the lake somehow calmed her down.

Her memories kept replaying at the back of her mind. Her eyes were watery and red. She was supposed to start a new life but she recalled Hwasa’s words.

No matter where you go; as long as you’re fated to be with her; you would find her again even if it takes you years later. She’s your destiny.

Kim Yongsun. The woman of her heart. The love of her life. The one person who saved her cold heart from dying and ignited the fire within. They were in love. They were madly in love. But she was afraid that she might not be the right one for Yongsun.

Kim Yongsun deserves more than anyone else. She sacrificed her love; her life and her world for someone like Moonbyul. It was unfair to her. And then there was Minhyuk. The boy was innocent and he had no idea what was ahead of him.

Yes, she gave him life but she didn’t give him the best of everything that he deserved. She remembered that miracle encounter she had with Minhyuk. Minhyuk just came along; unexpected and Moonbyul found out that he is indeed her son.

He looked exactly like her. His front hamster like teeth and his big round eyes – they were all hers. And she felt lucky as she could witness Yongsun’s undying love for their son. She remembered hiding behind the tree and watched Minhyuk running towards his mother.

“Umma!”

Yongsun rushed towards Minhyuk and lifted him up as soon as the boy pounced on her. She kissed him on his cheeks and the boy didn’t complain. He kissed her back with much love and affection.

“Umma, Minhyuk miss you!”

“Really? But I thought we met this morning?”

“You mean I cannot miss you?”

Yongsun smiled and then shook her head. She put him down and then held his hand tightly. Moonbyul could see how proud Yongsun was of their boy. There was so much love in her eyes and that gentle gaze – Moonbyul recognized it well.

Yongsun used to give that gaze whenever they were alone; together. She would pour out all of her love and affection via that gaze and Moonbyul could feel how much Yongsun loves her. It was that same gaze she gave to Minhyuk. She was grateful towards Yongsun for that matter.

Minhyuk was not related to her by blood but yet Yongsun gave her all to him. Moonbyul suddenly felt guilty. She was contemplating whether she should show herself when suddenly Minhyuk ran towards a particular person. Moonbyul’s eyes followed him and her heart crashed immediately.

“MOMMY WHEEIN!”

Mommy Wheein. Jung Wheein. The lawyer who threw a challenge at her before. She would steal Yongsun away from her. But Moonbyul pretended like she didn’t care; like Yongsun didn’t matter at all to her. Honestly, her heart was aching when she urged Wheein to win Yongsun’s heart.

So she managed to win Yongsun’s heart. And not only that, she had also won over her son’s heart. She watched as Minhyuk affectionately calling her Mommy. His smile was so wide and Wheein was so gentle towards him.

Moonbyul admitted defeat. She stopped herself from revealing herself. She had no right anymore. She has lost completely to Wheein.

“Jung Wheein, please take good care of them.”

-

Wheein was wandering around the area. She couldn’t find Moonbyul at the restaurant. And it was busy during lunch time so she decided to wait nearby for the lunch hour to end. She made her way to the lake; there were groups of old folks doing exercise.

It might be hot but Wheein was amazed at the beautiful sight in front of her. The air was fresh and there was a gentle breeze blowing towards her. She took a deep breath and she felt so good because of the beautiful lake.

Wheein’s eyes wandered around the lake. She stopped at one particular direction.

“GOT YOU!”

Wheein noticed that one woman she wanted to confront for the longest time. She quickly ran towards where Moonbyul was sitting. She was determined this time.

“MOON BYUL YI!”

Moonbyul was stunned when she saw Wheein rushing towards her. She got up on her feet and started running. She was not ready to see Wheein.

“STOP! MOON BYUL YI!”

Wheein sped up and Moonbyul was alarmed at how fast Wheein was.

“You can really run!”

“I used to play sports in school. So you better stop running!”

“Why are you doing this?!”

“JUST STOP WILL YOU!?”

But Moonbyul refused. She continued running; and Jung Wheein was not giving up either. She even issued another challenge.

“YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE! I SWEAR TO GOD! I’M GOING TO CATCH YOU TODAY!”

-

“I’m going to look for Moonbyul!”

The lunch hour was almost over and the crowd was getting lesser. Her father could handle it so Hwasa decided to find Moonbyul.

She was incredibly worried for that older woman. She knew more about Moonbyul’s past. She had always wanted to talk sense into her brain but the older woman kept avoiding her. So now this time, she knew she had to stop Moonbyul from acting stupid.

Hwasa looked high and low for Moonbyul. She was told that the woman was probably at the lake nearby. That was her secret hideout. Hwasa was searching for the woman when she saw Moonbyul running for her life. Hwasa ran towards her direction. She was coming towards Moonbyul so she screamed out her name.

“Moonbyul ah!!”

But Moonbyul didn’t stop. She ran past Hwasa; the younger woman was stunned at first. She felt a gush of wind blew past her.

“YA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY FROM?!”

She shouted at Moonbyul but the woman ignored her. Just as she was about to run after Moonbyul, another person came out of nowhere and just pushed her aside. Hwasa almost fell.  She quickly got up and was about to exchange blows but the pusher was already way ahead.

“YA! WHAT THE ?! DON’T YOU HAVE EYES?!”

But the culprit just kept running. Hwasa was cursing and swearing but she suddenly realized what was going on. Moonbyul was running away from her catcher.

The catcher was the woman who pushed her aside earlier on.

“What the hell, Moonbyul? Why are you being chased?!”

-

“Umma, I’m hungry!”

Minhyuk was starving after the swim. Yongsun allowed him to play at the swimming pool until the boy got tired of it. So they got back to their hotel room and Minhyuk had been complaining of hunger.

“Okay, let me order for you.”

“Aniyo, let’s go out. I don’t want to stay in the hotel room.”

“But Mommy Wheein is still outside.”

“We can call her once we find a place. I really want to go out.”

Minhyuk pouted his lips cutely and it was the carbon copy of Moonbyul’s. Sometimes Yongsun could see the similarities and it made her heart ached.

“Alright. Let me check the restaurants nearby.”

Yongsun pulled out her phone and started locating for the nearby restaurants. One restaurant in particular appeared on her search list. Yongsun realized it was the same restaurant she had ordered lunch for Wheein before. The food was good. She had a little taste of it when she had to feed Wheein because the latter was sick.

She took down the address and prepared to change her clothes. Minhyuk was already wearing his socks and waited for his mother patiently.

“Let’s go. We will call Mommy Wheein when we reach the restaurant.”

The mother and son walked hand in hand. Minhyuk was excited because he was going to eat. But Minhyuk easily gets excited just as long as he is with his mother. He held his mother’s hand tightly; not wanting to let go even for a second.

Yongsun watched as her son skipped his way down the road with his little hand engulfed in hers. His warmth was seeding through his skin and Yongsun felt really happy just being like this with him. Minhyuk gave her the reason to live and gave him the courage to face the future even when his own mother abandoned them.

Abandonment. That was what Yongsun felt for the last 5 years. Despite her persistence to wait for Moonbyul; she kept getting disappointed instead of assurance. She knew her heart loves Moonbyul but 5 years were just too much for Yongsun to endure.

She remembered the time Moonbyul turned her away when she brought baby Minhyuk to meet her for the first time. Minhyuk was a premature baby and it took him four months to be healthy and discharged. The moment he was discharged, Yongsun took the infant with her to visit his mother, Moonbyul. Wheein was with her.

Her heart was extremely broken on that day. Moonbyul denied her. She refused to see her; she even refused to see Minhyuk, her own flesh and blood.

-

“I’m sorry. Moon Byul Yi refused to come out. I have no choice but to turn away.”

The prison warden even felt sorry for Yongsun. She has seen the woman kept coming to visit Moonbyul but the woman was stubborn enough.

“Please tell her that I’m here with her son. I’m here with Minhyuk.”

“I have informed her. Miss Jung is with her right now.”

“She cannot do this to me. She cannot do this to Minhyuk. Was she mad that I didn’t come to visit her for the past few months? I thought I wrote her letters to tell her what happened?”

The prison warden was tongue-tied. She received the letters but Moonbyul gave them back to her. She had since then passed those letters to Wheein.

“I will get Miss Jung to explain everything to you.”

The prison warden had to leave Yongsun alone. She had other things to attend to but the truth was; she couldn’t handle the disappointment Yongsun was showing in her eyes. How heartless can Moon Byul Yi be? She used to persuade Moonbyul but the woman thought she was not good enough for Kim Yongsun. She could only feel sorry for Yongsun.

Just then, Wheein appeared in front of Yongsun. Minhyuk was still sleeping in his stroller. Yongsun grabbed Wheein by her collar.

“What’s going on? Why is Moonbyul denying me?”

Wheein couldn’t answer her. She had tried to drag Moonbyul out but to no avail. The woman was really strong and Wheein received a punch instead.

“JUNG WHEEIN! TELL ME! WHAT’S GOING ON?!”

“Unnie..”

“Why is Moonbyul refusing to see me? What’s going on with her?”

Wheein had no choice but to tell Yongsun the truth. She had tried so hard to convince Moonbyul to meet Yongsun. But she was denied again and again. Wheein told her everything and Yongsun’s heart kept breaking apart.

Her tears were plentiful but she couldn’t cry. She was dying inside; she couldn’t believe what Moonbyul had been doing all this while.

“She thougth she doesn’t deserve you despite what you have been doing for her. She didn’t wish to drag you down with her.”

“What is she talking about? We are married. I’m her wife!”

“Yongsun unnie, Moonbyul feels that she’s putting you down and Minhyuk as well. She doesn’t wish to see you going through so much pain because of her.”

“But yet she’s the reason for my breaking heart.”

Just like on cue, Minhyuk started crying. He was brawling like as though he knew his mother was rejecting him. Wheein quickly attended to the poor boy while her eyes worriedly staring at Yongsun. She picked up the infant and cradled him tightly. Yongsun looked on; her eyes were distant.

“Unnie?”

Yongsun looked at her crying son. Her heart was aching so much; Minhyuk knew. Of course he knew. She stretched out her arms to hold him; Wheein carefully placed the boy in Yongsun’s arms. She held him closer and kissed his forehead gently. The boy ceased crying and whining softly in his mother’s arms.

“Minhyuk ah, let’s go home. Your mother doesn’t want us anymore. Let’s just live together, okay? I’ll protect you, Minhyuk ah. I love you.”

-

Days went by and Yongsun struggled to keep her heart free from pain. Every little thing reminded her of Moonbyul. There were times where Yongsun would break down and cry in her room; all by herself. However Minhyuk saved his mother.

Desperation that she felt was slowly diminishing as Minhyuk filled her world with joy and laughter. Watching her son growing up definitely gave Yongsun the courage to face life a little bit braver than before. Each day, Minhyuk gave her the faith that she would be alright just as long as Minhyuk was with her.

The boy was full of sunshine. He was skinny when Yongsun took him home for the first time. But he was a fighter; he didn’t give up. Minhyuk grew from a skinny baby and slowly evolved into a Michellin look alike. Wheein called him Mini Stay Puft Mashmallow Man from the movie, “Ghostbusters.”

Yongsun was glad that Minhyuk grew so chubby. And she was thankful towards Wheein for not giving up on her. Wheein took her time to look after Minhyuk whenever Yongsun was exhausted. She treated Minhyuk just like her own son.

One night, Yongsun had to work overtime. So Wheein offered to look after Minhyuk while Yongsun was at work. By the time she ended, it was close to 12 midnight. She rushed home quickly and was greeted with a heart-warming sight.

Wheein was on the sofa with Minhyuk on her chest; lying on his stomach. She could see how exhausted Wheein was as she saw files after files on the table. Wheein must have been working halfway while watching over Minhyuk.

Her heart melted at the sight of Minhyuk cuddled closely towards Wheein. Yongsun knelt down next to Wheein as she smiled widely. But her heart was halved.

Half of it was on Moonbyul’s camp while the other half wanted Yongsun to embrace Wheein totally.

“Oh, you’re back.”

Yongsun was slightly startled when she heard Wheein’s voice. The woman was waking up and she grabbed Minhyuk in her arm. She sat up slowly; in order not to wake up the boy.

“Have you just got in?”

“Yeah, I just stepped in.”

“Wow, that’s late. Are you hungry?”

“Kinda.”

“Do you need me to cook for you?”

Wheein offered but Yongsun stopped her. She shook her head and took Minhyuk with her. She held the boy safely in her arms before she took Wheein’s hand in hers. The younger woman was still sleepy and wasn’t fully conscious yet. She let Yongsun lead her.

“Where are we going?”

“I’m going to put Minhyuk in his crib and you to bed.”

“I can go home.”

“No, it’s late now. Just sleep here.”

“But I’m not done with work yet.”

“It’s Saturday tomorrow and you don’t have work. So just sleep here and tomorrow you can continue.”

Yongsun gave a quick glare when Wheein wanted to rebuke. The woman did a zip-up movement on her lips and followed Yongsun. The older woman led her into her bedroom. She gently put her son in his crib and then went to the cupboard to pull out her pyjamas.

“Wear this.”

“Okay.”

Wheein quickly changed in the bathroom and Yongsun waited for her. The younger woman looked incredibly cute in her pyjamas. But she was dead tired so as soon as Wheein’s head hit the pillow; she fell asleep instantly.

Yongsun chuckled softly before tucking Wheein properly under her blanket. She sat at Wheein’s corner and stared at the younger woman’s face. She knew it was wrong of her to do this but Wheein has been there for her. This was the least thing she could do for Wheein.

She stood up and went outside. She sat in her living room; in complete darkness. She looked around the house; her eyes were wandering at every corner of her house. Photos of Moonbyul were located everywhere. Their wedding photo sat at the middle of the living room; right above her television.

Yongsun stared at the photo for quite some time. It was a simple photo with both of them wearing white and black dresses. The marriage was officiated in Canada in front of Yongsun’s parents and family. It was perfect; it was beautiful. It was on that day that she declared her undying love and affection for Moon Byul Yi.

“I will stay with you till the end of time; till the end of my breath. You will always be my destiny and I could never thank God enough for you. You came into my life and swept me away. And now, with this everlasting promise that I’d vowed to keep; I’ll be your everything in bad or good times; in sick or good health; in better or worse; in joy or pain – I, Kim Yongsun, will always be your wife and I’ll never leave you.”

Her wedding vows for Moonbyul – she could still remember vividly. It was never easy for her to forget but yet Moonbyul was eager to leave her behind. Yongsun stood up and moved closer towards the wedding photo. She gently caressed her thumb on Moonbyul’s face; her heart was breaking apart.

“What did I ever do wrong to you? What is wrong with us? Why are you avoiding me? Why are you abandoning me? Is it so difficult for you to understand my love? Is it a burden to you right now? I wished I could turn back the hands of time and not let you go that night when you pointed the gun at my father. I should have listened to you. I should have kept calm. Now all I have is regrets, Moon Byul Yi. I don’t know how much longer I should endure this pain you inflict on me.”

The photo couldn’t reply her although Yongsun wished it could. She could only shed tears as her heart slowly beating with every pain she could feel inside.

-

Yongsun finally arrived at the restaurant. Minhyuk was visibly excited. He was famished. They got a table near the window and Yongsun quickly ordered. Minhyuk enjoys what his mother enjoys. He would eat anything his mother would order. But the boy couldn’t take spicy food just like his mother, Moonbyul.

So Yongsun ordered mild tteokbokki and some other dishes that would go well with Minhyuk. The food came quickly and Minhyuk tucked in almost immediately. He ate quickly; and Yongsun knew he got that from her.

“Eat slowly.”

“Yes Umma.”

“Leave some for Mommy Wheein. I’m going to call her now.”

“Neh!”

Yongsun pulled out her phone and was pressing Wheein’s number. She then turned to the window and saw a familiar someone running past her. She did a second take. Her heart was beating really fast.

The person who ran past her was a woman. Her back was so familiar; Yongsun had seen so often in the past. The built; the hair length and the way the woman ran – all that mimicked Moonbyul. 

“Moonbyul?”

She was uncertain but the similarity was so uncanny. She stood up and was about to come closer when another person ran past her. This time, Yongsun was shocked. Her eyes were really huge. The second person was too familiar.

“JUNG WHEEIN?!”

-

Two women were breathing so hard. They felt like dying and stood 50m away from each other. The woman at the front had given up running while the woman at the back was desperate for air. It had been a long time since she ran so much.

“Sheesh, woman. You’re killing me!”

“You wouldn’t stop. I need to catch you today by hook or crook.”

“Why?”

“You have some explanation to do.”

“I don’t think I owe you anything.”

Moonbyul spat out. Her heart was beating so fast and she could feel the adrenalin of blood rush gushing through her veins. She thought she could faint. Wheein took deep breaths before she came closer. Moonbyul was too tired to move. She just watched as Wheein flopped next to her.

“You’re one insane lawyer.”

“You’re one stupid woman.”

Wheein refuted. Both were still catching their breath. Moonbyul straightened her legs out while Wheein tried to focus on her. Both were staring at each other. They were calmer now; but both were still in silence; eyes on each other.

Somehow Wheein broke the silence.

“What the hell did you think you were doing?”

Moonbyul looked away; knowing the answer really well. But instead of answering; she questioned the lawyer instead.

“How did you find me here?”

“It’s easy to locate you. I had help.”

“From?”

“Mr Kim Baek Hon.”

Moonbyul winced. Of course, her father in law could easily find her. How could she forget him?

“Is he mad at me?”

“Who wouldn’t, you ?”

Wheein’s hostility was much accepted by Moonbyul. She didn’t expect Wheein to behave nicely. After all, she had made a fool out of the lawyer.

“Thank you for your letter of recommendation.”

“You’re grateful enough not to tell me?”

Moonbyul chuckled softly; leaving Wheein bewildered.

“What’s with the laughter?”

“I don’t need to inform you.”

“Why? I’m still your lawyer.”

“I’m thankful and grateful but I don’t want you; especially you to know.”

“Why not?”

Moonbyul suddenly stood up and looked at Wheein. This woman somehow stole her wife but she couldn’t blame her. She couldn’t even hit Wheein because she was the one who pushed Yongsun to her. But yet she was annoyed and pissed off because Wheein was here.

It irked her so much that Wheein brought Yongsun here.

“Did you bring Yongsun here?”

“Yes I did.”

“And you found out about me because I delivered the food to your hotel.”

“I didn’t tell her that you’re here.”

Wheein stood up as well. The woman was squaring up in front of Moonbyul. Wheein was equally annoyed and irked by Moonbyul’s presence. But she was left with no choice.

The woman she loves is in love with Moon Byul Yi.

“I hate you.”

Wheein started softly.

“I hate the fact that Yongsun loves you but yet I keep searching for you because this is the right thing to do. I’m going to play fair with you. Stop pushing her to me because that’s a very coward thing to do.”

Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

“Why do you care about how I feel? Shouldn’t this be a good chance for you to sweep in?”

“I don’t play games like that.”

The lawyer replied with so much gusto but Moonbyul was not convinced.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yes.”

“Then why is my son calling you Mommy now?”

This time, Wheein was taken aback.

“You met Minhyuk?”

“By chance.”

“WHEN?!”

“At the beach.”

Wheein was surprised. She was speechless. Her heart softened.

“Then did you manage to talk to him?”

“No, I just couldn’t.”

“Wait a minute! Then you must have seen Yongsun unnie!”

Moonbyul’s eyes turned red at the mention of Yongsun’s name. It was clear to Wheein that Moonbyul is still in love with the woman.

“Yes I did.”

“Then why didn’t you say anything?!”

“Why should I say?”

“You can say anything! Unnie has been waiting for you!”

“She shouldn’t have!”

Moonbyul shouted at Wheein. Wheein was staring back at her; Moonbyul knew Wheein was pissed off. But Moonbyul knew she had to be tougher than her.

“I told you before that I don’t need her anymore! She should be with someone like you! I pushed her away so that she could move on from me. I’m giving you a chance to win her heart so why didn’t you?!”

“You think it’s easy to win over someone’s heart just like that? She loves you, it! Even if I love her, it wouldn’t be enough to win her over from you!”

“You could have done more! Minhyuk has already acknowledged you as his mother. It would have been easy for you to blend into the family. Why didn’t you?! Why did you let her find me instead?! Do you need me to tell her straight in her face that I don’t need her anymore?! That I don’t love her anymore?!

Moonbyul screamed at Wheein. Suddenly Wheein’s eyes grew larger when she saw someone familiar behind Moonbyul. She was stuttering.

“U—n—nie..”

Moonbyul was stunned; she slowly turned over her shoulder.  The woman she missed so deeply was standing behind her. The woman she loves so much was staring at her.

Kim Yongsun was staring at them, lifelessly.

-