Deviation 2

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Wheein was lying on the sofa; with baby Minhyuk next to her. The little one snuggled in her embrace and Wheein’s lips were lingering on his forehead. He was almost 5 months old. Yongsun was busy in the kitchen; Wheein persuaded her to move in with her. At least she could get an extra pair of hands to watch Minhyuk.

Eventually, Yongsun relented and moved in with Wheein just a month ago. Her life was getting so much better and easier ever since she moved in with Wheein. Minhyuk was a crybaby. He often cries at night and it was slowly taking a toll on Yongsun.

That was Wheein came to her rescue. She would swoop in and pick the boy up so that he couldn’t wake Yongsun up from her deep slumber. Things got better and Yongsun was getting comfortable with Wheein.

It was the weekend. Both Yongsun and Wheein were not working so Wheein volunteered to take care of the baby while Yongsun cooked up a storm in the kitchen. Yongsun was standing; facing the living room. She could see Wheein clearly and she smiled when her eyes chanced upon her baby boy.

Little Minhyuk was growing up well. His chubby arms were often bitten by her. He looked like Michelin mascot. But he’s developing features of his biological mother – his buck teeth; his eyes; his smile and everything of him screamed Moonbyul.

It was difficult for Yongsun initially. Sometimes she didn’t want to be in the same room with Minhyuk because it reminded her too much of the woman who hurt her so badly. That’s when Wheein would take Minhyuk away from her; giving her time alone.

Wheein heals her. Every little Wheein did makes her life a little better. She didn’t ask for much but Wheein seems to know her thoughts so well.

“What are you cooking?”

Wheein spotted her after she managed to put Minhyuk to sleep. She carefully picked up the child and placed him on the cot bed near the living room. They put one there so that they could keep an eye on him while doing work in the dining room.

“I didn’t cook much. Just some pasta.”

“Woo! I’m hungry! I’ll get the plates.”

Yongsun smiled before she nodded her head. There was some finger food that she had prepared earlier on. It was just a simple lunch. They settled down at the dining table and the food were served.

Wheein sat opposite Yongsun. She was salivating. Yongsun was amused.

“Didn’t you eat this morning?”

“I’m still hungry.”

“You should have told me. I would have made more food.”

Wheein eagerly dug in; Yongsun looked on, completely amused with the younger woman. Then she studied Wheein’s expressions carefully. There was something about Wheein made her realized that she was lucky to have this woman by her side.

She has never left Yongsun’s side; since the day she declared that she would take care of Yongsun and Minhyuk for the rest of her life. If only Wheein could understand how her heart has loved Moonbyul for all these years; she was afraid that she might not yield to Wheein’s heart.

She was terrified of hurting Wheein. Yet, she felt that Wheein was hers.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Oh, nothing. I was just daydreaming.”

“If you’re thinking how silly I am for staying by your side, then please don’t. It’s my choice. And there’s no way out anymore. I’m so in love with you. But I don’t need you to respond to me. Just take your time. I’ll never leave your side.”

Yongsun was heartbroken.

-

4 months later, Wheein was still there with her but the younger woman was being tactful. It seemed like she was being cautious with her feelings towards Yongsun. At times, Wheein would just keep quiet; brooding in her own world. Those were times Yongsun felt uneasy.

And she couldn’t understand why.

4 months since the last time she had thoughts of Wheein; those thoughts were getting warmer and almost precious in Yongsun’s memory. Wheein pledged her loyalty and at times, when they went out drinking, Wheein put her focus only on Yongsun.

No other girls except for Yongsun. Her eyes were on her; her hands around Yongsun’s waist and her smile was just meant for Yongsun. The patience Wheein had for her was amazing. And slowly, Yongsun’s heart warmed up to Wheein’s affections.

Until one night. Something happened and that proved to Yongsun that Wheein has slowly becoming part of her life; part of her world.

-

It was one evening when Yongsun was on the way to Wheein’s apartment. Her own apartment was on renovation and they have been staying with Wheein for the last 2 months. Minhyuk’s with his grandparents; it was a better choice for him to stay with them.

Yongsun was exhausted after a day in the office. She took over her father’s business and she finally realized how crazy the business world would get. She still prefers her old job – a kindergarten teacher. But Moonbyul destroyed her dreams. So, she vehemently refused to return to her old past and whatever she had shared with Moonbyul before.

Moonbyul still refused to meet her; still not accepting her letters. Yongsun got tired of her and she just left it as that. Probably that was the reason why she was slowly inclining towards Wheein. However, she was still uncertain. She wasn’t too sure if she could love Wheein the way she loved Moonbyul.

But not tonight. Tonight’s incident taught Yongsun a painful lesson.

Wheein wasn’t home alone. There was extra pair of heels just outside of Wheein’s apartment. It doesn’t belong to Wheein. Wheein would never walk in such crazy heels. Wheein’s a prim and proper; pretty and petite young lawyer.

“Wheeinieeeeeee~~~~”

Yongsun stopped dead behind the door. There was another woman in the house. And she was calling out to Wheein affectionately.

“Yes, Unnie?”

“Can you please stop doing whatever you are doing and join me on the couch?”

“I’m busy.”

“Oh, come on, your roommate’s not home yet. Let’s get cosy.”

Yongsun didn’t like the sound of that. She suddenly hated it. And it got the best of her. She gripped the doorknob tightly; still hesitating to walk in through the front door.

“Cosy?”

“Yeah, just sit here and you know?”

She could hear the other woman giggling. Then she heard dragging of a chair and Wheein yelped out.

“YA UNNIE!”

“I’ve had enough of you ignoring me.”

“You’re crazy tonight!”

“Why asked me to come over but you’re leaving me alone on the sofa!?”

“I didn’t ask you to come over. You wanted to!”

“Come here!”

“YA!!!”

Yongsun couldn’t take it any longer. For some reason, she felt green. She was jealous. She kicked the door open; found Wheein on the sofa; with some crazy woman hovering above her. They both stopped and then stared at Yongsun. She was glaring at Wheein.

“Yongsun unnie?”

“What are the two of you doing? And who is she?”

Yongsun’s voice was stern. Wheein pushed the woman away before she stood up; tidying her crumpled pencil skirt. She was still in her office outfit. But even before Wheein could explain, the woman came forward towards Yongsun and took her hand out.

“You must be Yongsun. I’m Hyoyeon.”

“Yes, I’m Yongsun. You know me?”

“What wouldn’t I know you? This woman wouldn’t stop yapping about you.”

Hyoyeon was pointing to Wheein; the younger woman was flushing red.

“Oh, she told you about me.”

“Yeah, every time. Every single time. I got tired of it so I decided to come over instead.”

“Unnie!”

“What? I need to see how beautiful your new girl is.”

Yongsun was blushing and Wheein was dying of embarrassment.

“But who are you to Wheein?”

Yongsun needed to know.

“I’m her ex-girlfriend.”

Yongsun was crestfallen.

-

Hyoyeon was still being a nuisance in the apartment. They had dinner together. Hyoyeon cooked and Wheein really missed her cooking. Yongsun was infuriated. She wished so much for Hyoyeon to disappear.

“This is the only thing I miss about you.”

“That’s so evil.”

“Unnie, you got too busy with your world tour and forgot about me.”

“I was a busy deejay.”

“Right. And you broke up with me.”

“But you found someone better.”

She gestured to Yongsun; Wheein stepped on her feet.

“OW!”

“What did I tell you before? Behave!”

“Fine, you owe me a foot.”

Wheein burst out laughing. Hyoyeon had always been funny. And Wheein was extremely affectionate towards Hyoyeon. They held hands; and occasionally hugging each other. It was like as though Wheein had forgotten about Yongsun.

Yongsun was crestfallen. She felt jealous; poking into the chicken with her fork repeatedly. Hyoyeon was observing her; she had a sly grin on her face. She somehow knew Yongsun was playing hard to get. Only the oblivious Wheein couldn’t see it.

“Wheein ah, are you seeing someone?”

“Hm? No, not exactly.”

“So is it a yes or no?”

“Technically a yes but emotionally, a no.”

“You’re such a confusing woman.”

Wheein stuck her tongue out.

“Why did you ask?”

“Can I date you sometime soon?”

Hyoyeon immediately focused on Yongsun; her expression was turning sour. She was looking at Wheein. Hyoyeon was truly enjoying this moment.

And Wheein was a little bit hesitant. She was staring at Hyoyeon; she was trying to read whether her ex-girlfriend was for real or just pulling her leg.

“Why would you date me? I thought you’re seeing someone?”

“Well, if you’re not seeing someone serious, we can always hang out together. You know, like for old times’ sake.”

Yongsun was already fuming mad. Hyoyeon could sense it. She rolled her eyes when Wheein was still clueless about the teasing. She pulled Wheein away from the dining table and dragged her to the room.

“What are you doing?”

“You dumb. Yongsun was fuming mad.”

“What? Why?”

“She’s jealous. She was poking into her chicken like as though that fowl offended her before it died and baked into a meal.”

“She doesn’t have feelings for me.”

“You’re stupid and still dumb as ever.”

“Unnie, not helping me.”

“You’re just smart with your work and studies. But when it comes to love, you’re hopeless.”

“Yeah, go on.”

“She has feelings for you. I swear, she does. It’s just that she’s playing hard to get. Or unsure or whatever it is. You just need to give her a slight push.”

Wheein was surprised at that revelation.

“Are you serious, Unnie?”

“Yes, let’s test it out. I’m pretty sure she’s going to jump on you or me. Keep your knives away or anything that she can stab me with.”

Wheein laughed.

-

Meanwhile Yongsun was extremely pissed. How could Wheein let her ex-girlfriend play her like that? And worse, she’s seeing someone else. How could she even suggest having a date when she belongs to someone else?!

Yongsun couldn’t let Wheein get hurt. Once is enough and from one person like her, that was bad enough. She doesn’t need to get hurt by another person.

She stood up; was about to storm up the room when Wheein suddenly appeared with Hyoyeon. Both were smiling away; and their arms intertwined.

“What are you two doing?”

“Oh, we just decided to hang out together after this. Do you want to come along?”

Hyoyeon started talking.

“But Unnie doesn’t drink.”

Wheein answered but she was shot down immediately.

“Who said so? I can drink. Let’s go then. And Wheein, help me with the dishes.”

She grabbed Wheein’s and yanked it off from Hyoyeon’s arm. She dragged the woman to the kitchen; not knowing the other two were having so much fun teasing her.

-