Deviation 5

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Things were getting better between Wheein and Yongsun. Yongsun has found peace and she was enjoying every single second she spent with Wheein. And Wheein gave her the reason to live better and she was thankful Wheein’s hers.

She watched as Wheein fussed over Minhyuk. The boy was getting fatter; cheekier and full of mischief. The eight-month-old boy had his way with Wheein and that silly woman would fall for his antics all the time.

“KIM MINHYUK! CAN YOU STOP FIDGETING?! I HAVENT FASTEN YOUR PAMPERS PROPERLY!”

Wheein struggled with Minhyuk; the active boy kept turning over while Wheein attempted to change his diapers. Wheein had to hold him down.

“Keep still! Gimme Mommy like 3 minutes with the pampers, jebal!”

It was amusing to see Wheein begging the little one. Yongsun decided to give her a hand. She just stood next to Minhyuk and glared at him. The boy miraculously stopped. Wheein giggled softly.

“Ah, you’re scared of your Omma.”

“Keep still, Minhyuk. Mommy Wheein needs to change your diapers.”

Minhyuk pouted slightly but kept still and Wheein finally could take a breather after she fastened the pampers properly. She then held the boy up and Minhyuk immediately hid his face into Wheein’s neck. Yongsun rolled her eyes.

“You’re pampering him too much.”

“Yongsun ah, he’s only 8 months old.”

Yongsun huffed before she made her way to the kitchen. Wheein followed her with Minhyuk in her arms. Wheein knew Yongsun’s struggling. Struggling because Minhyuk looks more like his biological mother and has her traits and behaviour.

“Are you mad because Minhyuk looks like Moonbyul more now?”

“What can I expect? This boy is hers.”

“I know but he’s innocent.”

“I don’t know. I’m just being reminded of Moonbyul time and time again. And this boy has her traits too – mischievous and cheeky.”

“Minhyuk doesn’t asked to be born. But you and Moonbyul somehow created him. And furthermore, he’s still a baby; he can’t fend for himself yet. You will need to be more patient with him.”

Wheein was comforting Yongsun; she knew the difficulties Yongsun faced. She wanted to make things better for her but of course, she couldn’t change everything even if she wanted to. She pulled Minhyuk away from her and then placed him in Yongsun’s arms. Yongsun automatically put her arms around her son.

“Look at him.”

Yongsun looked at her boy; Minhyuk was looking at her too. His eyes; his features; even his teeth – he is a carbon copy of Moonbyul. Tears welled up in Yongsun’s eyes as Minhyuk placed his palms on his mother’s cheeks. He smiled cutely.

“Mamamama~”

He was randomly cooing to her; Yongsun’s heart melted.

“Minhyuk ah.”

Yongsun called out to him earnestly. It was tough being a single mother and worse still, having a child that looks exactly like her ex. Wheein smiled; she knew Yongsun loves her son the most. She pulled both Yongsun and Minhyuk into her embrace.

“We will get through this together. Both you and me including this cheeky boy. I promise I’ll give you the best of me; the best of everything and all my heart to you and Minhyuk. I love you, Kim Yongsun.”

Yongsun cried.

-

 

3 years later

“Are you alright, sweetie?”

Yongsun was running high fever. It was hitting close to 40 degrees and Wheein was dead worried. Thankfully, Yongsun’s parents took Minhyuk back with them. She had one less person to worry about.

“I feel like a truck just ran me over.”

Yongsun felt horrible. She couldn’t sit up; if she did, she felt like throwing up. And Wheein was helpless to watch Yongsun drifting in and out of sleep.

“Do you want to drink some water?”

“No, just stay by my side, baby.”

“I’ll stay by your side forever.”

Yongsun managed a smile before she pinched Wheein playfully on her nose. Yongsun felt like she was in heaven since the day she got together with Wheein. The younger woman had been nothing but sweet to her. Yongsun never thought she could fall in love all over again.

“You have been the best for me, Wheein. And I’m thankful that I found you.”

“Don’t say like that. You’re not dying, right?”

Yongsun was amused as Wheein looked on worriedly.

“I’m not going to die. And I’m not going to leave you behind. I’m not going to let other women to have you.”

Wheein grinned.

“I’m just having a fever. I’m not dying over some chronic illness or something.”

“Still, I’m worried! You look so pale. And you’re not even eating much. My heart aches.”

“Silly baby. Rest assured, you’re going to be stuck with me for the rest of your life. You’re not leaving my side ever.”

“Possessive much but I like! And you’re not leaving me either. Forbidden and unforgiven if you do.”

Both just stared at each other before ended up laughing. How dramatic could they get?

“Are we in some play or something? Dramatic for what?”

“You started it first! You said I was dying.”

“I didn’t say you were dying!”

“You asked. It’s the same notion!”

“Fine, I love you so much by the way.”

“I know. I got the memo and I hope you got mine.”

“What does your memo say?”

“I love Jung Wheein until the last day I take my last breath.”

“Geez, you’re so cute sometimes. Are you still feeling uncomfortable?”

Yongsun shook her head but she stretched her arms out.

“I’ll feel a lot better if you can hug me to sleep.”

“Deal. Come here.”

Wheein pulled her girlfriend closer and hugged her tightly. Yongsun quickly wrapped her arms around Wheein and leaned against Wheein’s chest. Wheein hummed gently; lulled Yongsun to slumber.

“Wheein?”

“Hm?”

“Thank you for being with me.”

“I have to thank you for giving me a chance.”

“Can you stay with me forever?”

“I will never ever walk out of your life, Yongsun. I need you to live.”

Yongsun smiled as she snuggled closer. She felt Wheein kissing her forehead as she let out a satisfied sigh. She made the best decision.

The best in her life.

-

5 years later

 Wheein’s now a partner in her law firm. She had bought a new apartment on the up state of Seoul. It was in the middle of a business centre. Yongsun had fully taken over her father’s company; she’s now the CEO of her father’s company. The couple didn’t get married, but they had promised to spend the whole lifetime together.

Minhyuk attended in one of the prestigious kindergartens in Seoul. Being the son of one of the powerful female CEOs in Seoul, Minhyuk was often in the centre of the media attention. His other mother is one of the most powerful female attorneys in Seoul. People often questioned the fact that he has two mothers. But Minhyuk was such a carefree child. He couldn’t be bothered.

His friends often made fun of him. Yongsun was worried that it might take a toll on her son but no, Minhyuk was not bothered at all. The child was in his own world.

“Minhyuk ah, how’s class today?”

“Minhyuk got 1st in class for maths!”

“Wow! That’s great! Did you have fun?”

“Of course!”

Wheein often asked the child about his day. She wanted to find out if Minhyuk was being bullied or anything that’s affecting him. And today, she was informed by her teacher that some parents of the children were saying things in front of him. The teacher was worried that it might affect Minhyuk.

“Are you upset today?”

“No, Minhyuk’s happy! Mommy bought me a new puzzle!”

“Nothing made you sad today?”

“Oh, got some people said Minhyuk is weird because got 2 Ommas but no Appa.”

Wheein sighed. The child was aware of it.

“Are you sad that you don’t have Appa?”

Minhyuk shook his head before sticking his tongue out.

“Mommy don’t worry. Minhyuk is not sad. My friends have Appa but their Appa too busy for them. Their Ommas also busy working. Minhyuk always have Mommy and Omma to fetch from school. Minhyuk friends jealous that Mommy and Omma always buy Minhyuk things and spend time with Minhyuk.”

Wheein smiled widely. The couple had promised each other that they would devote their time for Minhyuk especially when he started schooling. Wheein made it a point to pick him up from school and Yongsun would cook dinner while waiting for them to get home.

The couple didn’t want to Minhyuk to feel like he’s not normal. They wanted the best for him especially Wheein. She would ensure that Minhyuk would grow up normally just like any other child in Seoul.

And Minhyuk always makes her feel that it’s worthwhile to raise a child.

“Minhyuk loves Mommy and Omma so much. Other people can say whatever they want. They don’t know Mommy and Omma. To Minhyuk, Mommy and Omma are the best people in Minhyuk’s life!”

-

10 years later

“Omma, where are my boots?”

Minhyuk was running in and out of his room. He has grown into a teenager and slowly losing his baby look. He looked different now; tall and muscular. He was towering over Yongsun and Wheein now.

“Why do you have to be so tall?”

Wheein was annoyed each time she stood next to her son. Minhyuk had the cheekiest grin.

“Do not grin like that.”

“Mommy, my friends said you’re so pretty. They kept asking if you’re really in your late 30s.”

Wheein rolled her eyes as she smacked her son’s arm.

“Stop being a cheeky boy! Where are your boots?”

“Omma’s helping me to find!”

Seconds later, Yongsun came running with her son’s boots. She was almost losing her breath.

“Found it!”

“Where did you hide our son’s boots?”

“I threw them at the back of the cupboard. I thought I threw them out the last time I cleared out our shoe cupboard. WE NEED TO RE-ARRANGE THAT CUPBOARD AGAIN!”

“Baby, you did that like a month ago.”

“But I have seen more shoes today!”

“That’s yours, Unnie. You bought them last week.”

“Oh, did I? Ok, whatever. I’m going to clear the cupboard out later. Hyuk ah, are you done packing?”

Wheein shook her head. Her girlfriend is a neat freak. And she could never keep still. She had to do something when she’s at home. Minhyuk finally appeared with his duffel bag over his shoulders. He was going for a school camp.

“I’m ready!”

“Okay, we will grab some snacks and send you to school. Are you coming along, Wheein?”

“No, I’ll just stay at home. You go ahead.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later.”

Minhyuk went up to Wheein and put his arms around the petite woman. The boy has grown up and grew even taller than Wheein but it didn’t stop him from showing his aegyeo towards his Mommy. He had no realms to shower affections for his two moms.

“Mommy, I’ll miss you!”

“Aww, that’s so sweet of you. I’ll miss you too!”

“I want you to pick me up from camp when it ends. Since you’re not sending me off, you better fetch me home!”

“’Geez, fine. I’ll do that. I’m sorry I can’t send you off today. I have something important to attend to.”

“I understand. I’ll see you in 3 days’ time!”

Wheein smiled as she watched Minhyuk and Yongsun left their apartment. She pulled out a file from her document bag. The file has a name – Moon Byulyi. Moonbyul was on a parole; Wheein was her lawyer; they wanted her input before they release Moonbyul for her good behaviour.

Wheein sighed. Her heart was halved. She wondered if she should be honest with Yongsun regarding Moonbyul’s early release. She had stopped communicating with Moonbyul and the woman was not keen to meet up with her either.

Somehow, she felt Moonbyul will not appear in front of Yongsun but she couldn’t help but feeling worried. After all, Minhyuk is her biological son. She was sure that Moonbyul would love to meet him.

She flipped through her file; reading through the documents. She needed to send the recommendation letter to the prison warden before tomorrow morning. She stared at her laptop; thinking hard.

She couldn’t be biased. She needed to be professional. Moonbyul has been behaving well; a role model prisoner and she had diligently picked up skills. She’s ready to return to the society as a new person.

Wheein sighed again. She started typing on her laptop. She’s a professional lawyer.

-

Yongsun dropped off Minhyuk at his school. The boy was growing up too fast and he was slowly evolving into a pre-teen; everything about him changed. But one thing for sure has never changed.

Minhyuk’s a carbon copy of his biological mother. He probably got his height from his unknown father but Minhyuk’s facial features were the same as his biological mother. Moonbyul – the woman who broke Yongsun’s heart somehow still lingers at the back of Yongsun’s mind.

But she’s happy. She’s satisfied. Moonbyul might took her whole world but Wheein gave hers and it had been beautiful since Yongsun accepted Wheein into her life. She drove back to her office with a huge smile on her face. Thinking of Wheein is good enough to make her fly to the moon and back.

She parked her car and took out her bag. She locked her car door and made her way to the lift lobby. She was keeping her car keys and purse into her handbag; holding on to her phone on her free hand; Yongsun suddenly noticed someone at the corner.

That person was wearing all black from head to toe. But Yongsun recognized that cap. It was special design cap she had ordered for Moonbyul when they were dating years back. That person had a similar; completely same design.

“That’s impossible. I designed that cap for Moonbyul. How could someone else has that cap?”

But before she could approach that someone, the person disappeared. Yongsun was puzzled; how could someone just turn at the corner and then vanish?

“Moon Byulyi, is that you?”

Yongsun was perplexed.

-