Sequel 27

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Months passed by quickly. Moonbyul and Hwasa work at Yongsun’s company but they hardly see her around. Yongsun travelled a lot too. Minhyuk was often left with Moonbyul at home.

“Noona, Omma is travelling again?”

“Yeah, she will be back in few days’ time.”

“Oh. But Minhyuk has something for Omma to sign. Minhyuk need to give teacher tomorrow.”

“Ah, I see. You want to call your Mommy Wheein?”

“Okay~”

Minhyuk ran to the living room and grabbed the phone. He remembered Wheein’s number by hard. Moonbyul looked on as her son was chatting with Wheein happily and animatedly.

“Mommy! Can Mommy come over? Minhyuk got something to show you from school.”

He paused for a second then he started jumping on the sofa excitedly.

“Mommy coming over now? With Hwasa Noona?”

Wheein must have said yes because he kept screaming and jumping at the same time.

“Yay! Faster come!”

After which, he hung up and ran up to the stairs to his bedroom. Moonbyul sat there; still staring at the empty space in front of her. Although Yongsun puts her as Minhyuk’s guardian but all other important things, Wheein would still be the second person who could authorised Minhyuk’s school activities after Yongsun.

Somehow, there was an official letter stating Wheein as the second authorised guardian for Minhyuk’s welfare. This letter was issued when Moonbyul denied Minhyuk’s existence. It has become an official document for Minhyuk’s welfare.

Somehow Moonbyul felt stupid for wasting her 5 years thinking she had done justice when it was the opposite. She pushed her child away; and got herself into this whole sticky situation where she still had to share her son with Wheein.

She didn’t mean it in a bad way, but she wished she could be the one responsible for Minhyuk’s well-being. Wheein appeared minutes later with Hwasa in tow. They looked happy; and Wheein was holding Hwasa’s hand.

“Unnie!”

“Yeah, you’re here.”

“Yup, so where’s Minhyuk?”

“He’s upstairs. He’s waiting for you.”

Wheein nodded; then she went up and disappeared behind the stairs. Hwasa remained in the living room with me. She then sat next to me; she held my hand. She looked at me; with those soft eyes. I smiled.

“What is it?”

She spoke softly.

“I know you long enough to differentiate between your happy and sad eyes.”

“I hate you.”

“Good. Now spill. What’s wrong with you?”

“Minhyuk.”

“What did the boy do now?”

“No, he didn’t do anything. Im just regretting my actions and being dumb for the longest time.”

“What did I tell you before? Don’t brood over the past. You need to move past this and just look forward to the present; to the future. Yongsun unnie gave you that opportunity so stop being dumb.”

Moonbyul sighed. Hwasa was right but she just couldn’t help it. Sometimes she wished she had the power to turn back the hands of time. She wanted to turn life around.

“Minhyuk is now your responsibility too. Let’s concentrate on his present and future, shall we?”

“We?”

“Yes, Wheein told me Minhyuk will always be part of her life. She’s not giving up on him for you either. So, she asked me for my permission if it’s okay that she keeps Minhyuk with her sometimes. I said yes.”

“Minhyuk is so lucky to have so many women before hitting puberty.”

“Moonbyul, u . Don’t make us sound so weird like that!”

“You get the drift!”

Hwasa smacked Moonbyul’s forehead hard, extremely hard. Just then, Wheein appeared and she was amused at the sight in front of her. Moonbyul was pouting and Hwasa kept rolling eyes at her.

“What’s happening with the both of you?”

“Moonbyul’s being dumb.”

“Oh? She has always been.”

Wheein was holding a document in her hand before she passed it to Moonbyul. The woman took it and read briefly. She then looked at Wheein.

“What’s this?”

“A letter from the school.”

“Yes, I know that but why you did give it to me?”

“You’re his Mom. You sign it.”

“Wait, aren’t you his legal guardian?”

“I am. But Yongsun unnie has include your name in. So, he has 2 legal guardians and 1 Mommy.”

“What?”

“Yongsun unnie didn’t tell you?”

Moonbyul shook her head like a dumb kid. Hwasa hit her again.

“OW!”

“What did I say about being dumb?”

“Fine! Just stop hitting me.”

Wheein chuckled softly before heading to the kitchen. Hwasa followed through and then Minhyuk appeared again. He was playing with his iPad.

“Noona, can sign for Minhyuk?”

“Oh yeah, sure.”

“Give back to Minhyuk later.”

The boy then diverted his attention to the game before disappeared into the kitchen. Moonbyul could hear his laughter and she knew Minhyuk has been genuinely happy these days.

“Hwasa Noona, Minhyuk want ramyeon!”

“Okay, let’s cook!”

Moonbyul looked at the document. It was a letter of consent for his upcoming school trip to the palace. And Wheein had written Moonbyul’s name instead of hers. She stared at it for the longest time before Wheein tapped on her shoulder. She looked over.

“I used to sign his letters of consent. But I think it’s time for you to take responsible of him. I’m slowly going to transfer the legal documents to your name.”

“Wheein, please remain as his legal guardian too. I’ll assume all my responsibilities but I’m not taking away that from you either. You have been staying by their side for the last 5 years and so. Just continue to do it.”

“What are you saying?”

“I don’t need to have those legal documents to prove that I’m his biological mother. I’ll stay with them for as long as I live. But since you’re his legal guardian since the day he was born, I would appreciate if you remain that way. Don’t confuse him. And people are used to have you around instead of me; let’s just stay that way.”

“Are you sure about this?”

“I’m staying with Yongsun unnie now. And I can look after Minhyuk like how a mother would. I’m satisfied now. I’m really contented to have this opportunity.”

Wheein nodded then smiled.

“I’ll discuss with Yongsun unnie about this. Or let’s wait until she returns. We will talk about this again.”

“Okay, thank you.”

“Now, sign that document and then come eat dinner with us. And like Hwasa said before, stop being dumb.”

Wheein laughed as she made her way back into the kitchen; leaving Moonbyul rolling her eyes.

“STOP CALLING ME DUMB! I’M TELLING YONGSUN UNNIE!”

She grumbled as she made her way to the kitchen. The two ladies endlessly.

-

Yongsun was reading her files when her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID. She smiled as a familiar name kept blinking. She answered after the 4th ring.

“Yes, Moonbyul?”

“UNNIE! WHEEIN AND HWASA ARE BULLYING ME!”

“What?”

Yongsun could hear the madness in the background. She wondered what kind of happy mess these 3 idiots had together. And she was jealous.

“What are you all doing at my house?”

“We were having dinner, but they kept bullying me because you were not here.”

“What did they say?”

“They told me not to be dumb.”

Yongsun chuckled softly. Moonbyul is a little dumb at times and dense at certain matters. Yongsun used to argue with her over such things.

“Are you sure you’re not dumb?”

“Wait, you agreed with them?!”

“You can be very dense.”

 “Unnie, you’re not helping. I put you on speaker phone. They are gloating over it now. They will never stop disturbing me now!”

Yongsun could hear laughter in the back and she could hear her son’s laughing too.

“Minhyuk’s there too?”

“He’s laughing but he doesn’t know anything. He’s laughing because the adults laugh.”

“That sounds like him. He’s like you. Dense.”

“Bye unnie!”

“Okay, okay. I was just joking. Hwasa, Wheein! Stop disturbing her!”

She heard the giggles and Wheein said YES UNNIE. Then after awhile she heard faded laughter and she knew Moonbyul must have moved away from them.

“Moonbyul?”

“Hello unnie! I’m in my room now.”

“Ah, have they stopped?”

“They’re having dinner now.”

“And you’re not?”

“I will eat once I’m done talking to you.”

“Oh, okay. Is it 7 plus there?”

“Yeah, what time is it over there?”

“10am. I’m in the office. Looking through some files.”

“Oh, am I disturbing?”

“No, not really. I welcome this break actually.”

Yongsun tossed her file on the table; took out her spectacles and turned to face the window. She leaned against her chair. Listening to Moonbyul’s voice somehow calmed her nerves down; she was having a hard time earlier on with the proposal.

“Your voice soothes my tension.”

“Oh, are you having a hard time?”

“Not really, but I’ll be fine. Don’t worry.”

They talked for a bit more; Moonbyul was telling her about the consent letter. And Wheein had asked her to sign. Yongsun knew about that. Wheein texted her earlier on.

“Did Wheein tell you about transferring legal guardianship to you?”

“Yeah but I rejected it.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Wheein has always been his legal guardian since he was born. He could go to school because of that documentation. It will be a hassle to transfer and it might confuse him or even people around him. Just leave it as it is. I will still assume my responsibilities. So, don’t worry. I don’t need a legal document to prove my relationship with him.”

“Are you sure? You’re his biological mother.”

“I’m living with you now. And I can look after Minhyuk all the time. This is good enough, Unnie. You’re his mother; you were the one who delivered him into this world. I’m not going to take that away from you. And Wheein, she has been helping you and Minhyuk since day 1. I’m not going to snatch it back from her either.”

“You sure you’re fine with this arrangement?”

“This is my own doing, Unnie. I made it that way. And I don’t have the right to change it either. Let’s just live together like this. Besides, I’m still legally married to you. I think that’s more important to me than anything else.”

Yongsun smiled. Yes, she’s technically Moonbyul’s wife.

“I just want to love you like this. Take care of you; stay by your side. And be together with Minhyuk until we grow old together. I don’t need anything else to solidify our relationship together. Minhyuk came from you. That’s perfect too.”

“Moonbyul ah..”

“Hmm?”

Yongsun’s heart yearned for her. She longed for her Moonbyul.

“I miss you.”

There was a long silence before she heard her.

“I miss you too, Unnie.”

That was good enough. A good start to mend their broken strings.

-

“MOMMY! I WANT TO SLEEP WITH YOU TONIGHT!”

Minhyuk suddenly spoke up. Wheein turned her attention to Hwasa. They have been sleeping together lately.

“Why are you looking at Hwasa Noona?”

“Huh? No, I was just looking at her.”

“Yeah, but why?”

Oh boy, this cheeky monster. Wheein’s face turned extremely red and Hwasa was amused. She then knelt in front of Minhyuk; ruffled his hair gently.

“You miss Wheein Mommy?”

“Yeah! She has been sleeping with you. She doesn’t love Minhyuk anymore!”

“Hey, I still love you!”

“No! Mommy sleeps with Hwasa Noona all the time.”

Wheein was guilty of that. Lately, she has been spending a lot of time with Hwasa. She met her for lunch when Hwasa was on lunch break. Sometimes she ate with her and Moonbyul.

“I’m so sorry. I won’t do it again.”

“See. Mommy doesn’t love Minhyuk anymore!”

“Okay, tonight I will sleep with you.”

“Don’t want!”

“What? Why?!”

“Mommy doesn’t love Minhyuk!”

Minhyuk suddenly took off and ran up to his room; Wheein was running after him. Hwasa shook her head. Wheein was such a pushover; it was obvious Minhyuk was playing a fool with her. But she just let Wheein be.

Just then, Moonbyul appeared with a stupid smile on her face. Hwasa rolled her eyes.

“What’s with that smile?”

“Yongsun unnie said she misses me!”

“Good for you. You’re a step closer to be with her.”

Moonbyul nodded; then she sat on the dining table. The girls left some food for her. But two were missing.

“Where is my son? Where is Wheein?”

“Your son has his hold on Wheein.”

“Huh?”

“He’s making Wheein feels guilty because she sleeps with me every night.”

Moonbyul choked on her rice; Hwasa had to pat on her back.

“Can you eat properly?!”

“You made me choked! You slept with her?!”

“Not literally, you idiot. She sleeps next to me on the bed; nothing else!”

“Oh, you didn’t say it properly!”

“Geez.”

Moonbyul stuck her tongue out before continue eating. Hwasa then sat next to her. She could hear Wheein trying to pacify the cheeky monster; she was not going to get involved with them.

“So, how’s you and Wheein lately?”

Moonbyul decided to ask. She has been spending so much time with Yongsun and Minhyuk; but she cares about Hwasa too.  

“Things have been great. She has been taking initiatives, you know?”

“Has she confessed?”

“Nope, she’s still taking precautions. I mean, she wants to ensure that we’re not jumping into a mess again.”

“Okay, that’s a plan.”

“I’m doing great with her so I’m willing to take it slow. I don’t want to lose her again.”

“Same here. I’ll take it slow. Yongsun is warming up to me. And just now when she said she misses me, my heart leapt.”

“I can understand that feeling.”

“Let’s just go with the flow. I’m sure we will find our happiness like we used before.”

-

Wheein was changing Minhyuk after his bath. The boy was smiling away; cupping his tiny hands on Wheein’s cheeks.

“Hmm?”

“Mommy look happy.”

“I do?”

Minhyuk nodded.

“Mommy is happy; Minhyuk is happy too!”

Wheein smiled widely. She recalled Minhyuk’s words to her before. He wanted her to be happy.

“Minhyuk ah, everything will be over soon and we all will live happily together.”

“Minhyuk knows. Minhyuk wrote this as Minhyuk’s dream.”

“Really??”

“Yeah, Minhyuk prays that all my Mommies will be happy.”

“All your Mommies?”

“Omma, Moonbyul Mama, Wheein Mommy and Hwasa Mommy!”

“Since when Hwasa Noona upgrade to Hwasa Mommy?!”

“Since Mommy sleeps with Hwasa Noona!”

Wheein’s cheeks were so red. This stupid boy knows too much.

“No more TV for you!”

“WHY?!”

“You watch too much dumb shows!”

“Minhyuk watches cartoon!”

“Still, no more TV on school nights!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

-

Minhyuk fell asleep in Wheein’s arms. They spent time chatting before Minhyuk fell asleep. Wheein stared at the boy; her heart swelled with so much love. She sighed softly.

“Kim Minhyuk, you’re really the star; the light of our lives. You make me realize that I could do anything even though you’re not biologically mine. Thank you so much for your sincere prayers, Minhyuk. Because of you, all of us are going to live happily now.”

She then kissed his forehead.

“Mommy promises you. I’ll live happily with your Hwasa Mommy. And you will always be Mommy’s little boy.”

Just then, she felt a pair of arms slipped around her waist. She looked over her shoulder; Hwasa was leaning closer before burying her face in Wheein’s back. Wheein leaned against her; putting her arms on Hwasa’s. She squeezed them gently.

“Where is Moonbyul unnie?”

“She’s on the phone with Yongsun unnie.”

“Oh, she knows we’re sleeping over?”

“Yeah, she knows you’re tucking Minhyuk in. She said thank you for giving her a chance to spend time with Yongsun unnie instead.”

Wheein smiled; Hwasa pulled her closer and tightened her grip around Wheein’s waist.

“Why so clingy tonight?”

“Just feel like holding you tight and not letting go.”

“I’m not leaving. Not going anywhere.”

“Still. I just want to lose myself with you forever.”

Just then, Minhyuk turned over and put his arms around Wheein as well. He was leaning on Wheein’s chest and Hwasa pouted.

“Why is this boy getting the privilege?”

“Stop it. Why are you jealous of this boy?”

“He’s sleeping on your s.”

“He has been doing that since he was a baby.”

“Right. Sigh. Lucky Minhyuk.”

“YA! Stop talking rubbish! You’re hugging me too!”

“Can I do more?”

“Shut up. Sleep. Good night.”

Hwasa grinned; Wheein’s body temperature was rising; she was embarrassed, and her arms were warm.

“You’re thinking of it.”

“Anh Hyejin, shut up and sleep!”

Hwasa cuddled closer.

-

Yongsun was chatting happily on the phone; Moonbyul was smiling like an idiot throughout their conversation. It was the first time she spent chatting with Yongsun. Like how they used to before.

“Minhyuk’s sleeping?”

“Yeah, Wheein’s here. They are sleeping overnight here. Apparently Minhyuk was complaining about Wheein not spending time with him anymore.”

“Oh dear, that boy really wraps his finger around Wheein. Is Hwasa there too?”

“Yeah, they’re probably sleeping in Minhyuk’s room.”

“You’re not sleeping soon?”

“I rather spend my time chatting with you.”

“I’m having lunch now. So, we only have an hour to talk.”

“Good enough.”

They talked like old days. Moonbyul was able to ; and Yongsun didn’t react negatively. She entertained her. They spent an hour talking before Yongsun had to attend for her meeting.

“You have to go now?”

“Yeah, we’re having a meeting.”

“Okay, then you should go ahead.”

“Sure, I’ll be back tomorrow.”

“Oh, okay. That’s great.”

“Pick me up from airport, Moonbyul.”

“Huh?”

“Why? You don’t want to?”

“No! I mean yes! I mean, wait. I mean I would love to pick up you from the airport.”

Yongsun chuckled softly.

“Great! I will text you my flight details. Ditch our son. Ask Wheein to take care of him. Pick me up and we’ll go for our date.”

“Are you serious?”

“Just don’t tell Minhyuk that you’re picking him up. We’ll get him something when we get back.”

“That’s a plan.”

“Sure, I’ll see you tomorrow, Moonbyul. Can’t wait to get home to you.”

Moonbyul’s heart skipped many beats.

-