Chapter 7

An Alpha's Struggle

Hui had been called out on a mission a few weeks after the deer hunter incident, so he left, leaving a room free for whenever they had visitors. Namjoon had returned after Hui left, already knowing that Cory and Kisu were there thanks to their group chat. He ended up sleeping in Kihyun's room for the time being, not minding getting a room to himself as Kisu, Youngjae, and Jooheon tried to figure things out between the three of them.

Cory, Kihyun and Jimin were out shopping with Namjoon, taking Kihyun's jeep into the city to get new bed sheets for all the beds in the house. Jimin and Kihyun went off on their own while Namjoon and Cory just explored, making sure that the other two didn't wander too far.

"So I heard you and Jimin are mates," said Namjoon as they walked. "Mm," said Cory as he shrugs. "Does Jimin even realize it?" Asked Namjoon. "Not really," said Cory. "He seems to realize it subconsciously but other than that he's oblivious," he said. "Typical Jimin," said Namjoon. "It took him a bit to accept the fact that Kihyun was his mate before," he said. "Jimin's parents don't even know about Kihyun," he said. "But I think I know why," he said. "We haven't seen his family much since he joined us," he said. "He doesn't talk about them much, except that we know that they let him join our pack when Jin was alive," he said. "Mm," said Cory.

"You two having a fun conversation?" Asked Kihyun as he walked over with Jimin. "Yeah," said Cory as he scratched the back of his head. "We're just bonding," he said. Jimin nodded. "When is your pack mate coming back?" He asked. "Hui? Not sure," said Cory. "He'll probably head home, he did take a rental car so," he said, shrugging. "Mm," said Jimin. "Did you get the bed sheets you wanted?" Asked Cory. Jimin nodded. "We brought them out to the jeep already, we came to get you," said Jimin. "You two ready to go? Or do you want to get lunch first?" He asked. "Lunch would be nice," said Cory. "Unless you are in a hurry to head home," he said. "Nah, let's get lunch," said Kihyun before he headed out to the food court. The others followed after him.

Cory got a text from Kisu, so he checked his phone wondering what was up. He laughs at the picture he was sent before showing it to the others. "Looks like everything is going to be okay between those three," he said. He had been sent a selfie of Youngjae smiling at the camera with Jooheon and Kisu on either side of him. Kisu had been holding the camera as the picture was taken. Jimin laughs. "That's great," he said. Namjoon nodded in agreement. Kihyun chuckled. "Glad those three are getting along fine," he said. "Tell them we're coming home with lunch," he said as he went to get food. Cory sent a message telling them that before putting his phone in his pocket.

"Oh!" Said Namjoon as he remembered something. "Yoongi and Daehyun said they were coming for a visit, I went to see them in New York before coming here," he said. Cory tilted his head to the side. Jimin sighed. "If they had thought to come around before Hobi and Doyoung had left for their missions then they would've seen each other," he said. "But that's fine, it'd be nice to see Yoongi again," he said.

"Old pack members of yours?" Asked Cory. Jimin nodded. "Yoongi's a bit... Cold, but he'll warm up to you," he said. "If you remember the vampire hunter incident well," he said, shrugging. "Oh yeah," said Cory. "It really shook Jeonguk because he had gone through the same thing in his earlier years," he said, scratching the back of his head. "His other mate was dying and as a last gift she gave up his wolf to Jeonguk," he said. "They never had kids either," he said, sighing. "Vampire hunters did the same thing to your old alpha?" Asked Jimin. Cory nodded. "This was years back, when the technology was still new," he said. "So Changsun's mate is Jeonguk's other mate's wolf," he said. "Technically speaking," he said. "He nearly died from it but he still has part of his actual wolf," he said. "It's just been laying dormant," he said.

Kihyun came back with food, ready to go. "Well, let's go," he said before heading out to the Jeep. The others followed after him.

The drive home was oddly quiet, with Kihyun and Cory in the front while Jimin and Namjoon were in the back sleeping. "So what'd you guys talk about?" Asked Kihyun. "Jimin looked really serious," he said. "Just some things concerning my old alpha," said Cory. "And some similarities to Yoongi," he said, looking out the window. "Mm," said Kihyun.

"Have you heard from your pack at all since you've been here?" He asked. Cory nodded. "Yeah," he said. "They send updates every week or so to let us know what's been going on," he said. "Hongseob got sent out on a mission last week," he said, shrugging. "Jeonguk, Jinhong and Changsun are being great hosts, they were surprised Jungkook could speak Korean," he said with a chuckle. Kihyun laughs. "I forget he does too sometimes," he said. "We'll be home in 2 hours, if you're tired then sleep," he said. Cory shook his head. "I'll be fine," he said.