Chapter 15

An Alpha's Struggle

Hui being back has allowed Cory to be in a better mood. Hui kept an eye on Cory as Cory seemed to be relapsing again. He knew that Cory was home sick, he was too, but they had to hold on just a little longer.

Jimin had brought out the laptop and set it on the coffee table, planning a Skyping session with Cory's pack and Jungkook and Changkhyun. Cory sat on the floor in front of the coffee table with Hui beside him and the others on the couch behind him. They had finally managed a time when just about everyone was home. Kisu was still on his mission but he had stopped in Chicago to get in the Skype call. "Ready?" Asked Cory. "Go for it," said Jimin. Cory started the call, waiting on Jeonguk and Kisu to pick up.

Kisu was the first person to pick up as he waved. "Hey hyung! I see Hui's back," he said. "Yep," said Cory. "Just waiting on Jeonguk now," he said. Jeonguk picked up soon after, with everyone gathered around the computer. "Ah! Kisu! I see you are still on the mission," said Hongseob as he waved. "Yeah, almost done though, I'll be back there soon," Kisu said in Korean. "Hey Jimin! I see you're holding out just fine," said Jungkook. "Sure am, how late is it there?" Asked Jimin. "Just before midnight," Jeonguk said in English, surprising Jimin and the others. "Oh right, I forgot to tell you that Jeonguk was our other English speaking pack member," Cory said with a snicker. Kisu laughs. "I'm pretty sure we mentioned it once, I guess it slipped our minds," he said in English.

"Hongseob, what faction are you with? Yoongi's been curious ever since Cory mentioned that you were part of a South Korean faction," said Jimin. Hongseob looked confused until Jeonguk translated. "Oh! My faction? I'm a part of Joshua's," he said. "Since his two pack mates are practically living here permanently he set up his own faction here, and I was one of like 10 to join," he said. Cory translated and Jimin blinked. "He got permission from Sungcheol to do so?" Asked Jimin. "I'm not sure how it works, but I don't think you need permission from a faction leader, I think branching off is allowed, that's how the European vampire hunters are anyway," said Hongseob when Jeonguk translated. "That would make sense," said Jimin when Cory translated.

"Well, I'mma leave these two to you," Jeonguk said in English as he got up. "I have some errands to do before bed, it was nice see you again Kisu, Hui, Cory, stay strong," he said. "Oh, and Cory," he said, turning back to the camera as he was about to walk away. Cory tilted his head to the side. "For the love of god, don't relapse please," Jeonguk said in Korean before walking away with Changsun and Jinhong. Cory sighed. "You'd think he'd realize that I try not to," he grumbled in Korean. "Well, I'll see you guys in a few hours, just gotta finish things up here and I'll be home," said Kisu before he hung up.

"Hyung," said Hongseob. "Have you ever considered that you've been saving yourself for when you find your mate to be the reason that's causing this relapse?" He asked. Cory blinked before he started blushing. "You idiot!" He yelled in Korean as he got up and ran out of the room. Jungkook had started laughing at how serious Hongseob was when he had asked the question, causing Kihyun and Jimin to look confused. Hui had coughed, laughing as well. Youngjae and Jooheon blink in confusion. "What? It was a serious question," said Hongseob. Hui took deep breaths to try and stop laughing. "You don't just ask a question like that out of the blue Hongseob," he said in Korean between bits of laughter.

"I wish I knew Korean," grumbled Jimin as he tried to figure out what Hongseob had asked. "Jimin, don't worry about it," said Jungkook as he finally regained his composure. "I'm sure Cory will bring it up when he feels like it," he said. "It's not wise to bring up a touchy subject like that if I told you what it was anyway," he said. "Now you got me curious," Jimin said with a groan.

Hongseob chuckled some. "Cory ended up with a child didn't he?" He asked. "According to everyone here, Jimin's the second youngest," Hui said in Korean. "Yep, a child," said Hongseob. Changkhyun scratched the back of his head. "Jimin's not that bad," he said slowly, trying out his Korean. Hui blinked. "6 months of being over there and they already taught you Korean? Wow," he said in English. Changkhyun laughs. "They basically me into learning Korean when I got here, I still have a little trouble with words but I can hold a conversation," he said in English.

Hongseob left the room after saying goodbye to Hui. Jungkook and Changkhyun talked with Youngjae, Jooheon, Kihyun, and Jimin as Hui got up to go check on Cory to make sure he was alright. "You seriously need to stop asking about what Hongseob asked Jimin," Jungkook said with a chuckle. "I'm sure that Cory will tell you with time, give him a bit," he said. "We should get to bed, Changsun's dragging us out shopping tomorrow," said Changkhyun. "Goodnight then," said Jimin. Jungkook and Changkhyun wave before hanging up.