Chapter 21

An Alpha's Struggle

Cory pulled up to the building, barely remembering to put the jeep in park and turning off the ignition before bolting out of the jeep and running into the building. The others followed after him.

"I should've known something was off about you when you decided to come with us!" Snarled out Kisu as he spotted Hui. "Now now," said Hui. "I suggest you stand down or you'll have a bad time," said Hui as he stepped forward.

"Why the hell are you doing this?" Asked Cory as his alpha aura flared. "Easy, bring back what I know will snap you completely out of your anger, Jeonguk's mate," he said. "Who are you using?" Asked Cory as he looked surprised. "Kihyun," said Hui as he moved, letting Cory see the table where Kihyun was currently laying, unconscious. They saw a device above him and both Jeonguk and Cory started having flashbacks as they both fell to their knees their hands covering their heads. Kisu and Changsun ran to their side, trying to snap them out of it.

Jimin tried to escape his cell, shaking the door. "You'll kill him!" He shouted. "You better not!" He snarled out as he tried ramming against the door. Hui shook his head. "He won't die, he's a turned werewolf," he said. "He's going to be a human again," he said.

Jimin growled, before throwing himself against the door again and managing to break it open. "You better not," he said, his alpha aura flaring to life. Hui held up a remote with a button. "Make one more move and your pack mates die," he said. "Don't do it Jimin," came Youngjae's voice. Jimin looked towards Youngjae's cell, seeing how beat up they were. Jimin was forced to stay where he was, growling a bit as he looked at Hui.

"Cory you better snap out of it damn it," Jimin grumbled as he tried to think of a way to rescue Kihyun. "You too Jeonguk," he muttered as he looked around for a way to get around Hui and get to Kihyun.

"Let's get the show on the road," said Hui as he went and the machine, going to wake Kihyun up. Kihyun groaned as he opened his eyes, looking straight above him. "W-What?" He asked as he struggled to move. "What are you going to-" he managed to say before the beam shot down on him. He let out an agonizing scream as his back arched off the table, the extracting process beginning.

Kihyun's screams seemed to snap Cory out of his flashbacks as he looked towards the table. Something in him snapped as the anger took over, his eyes glowing gold as he snarled, attacking Hui. Kisu ran to break open the lock to the cell that Youngjae and Jooheon were in, going to see how they were. Cory broke the machine in the process of attacking Hui so Jimin ran to get Kihyun off the table and over to Changsun who after making sure Jeonguk was okay he checked on Kihyun's vitals.

Kisu went to shake Jeonguk, trying to snap him out of it. "Jeonguk, come on you idiot snap out of it!" Kisu said in Korean as everyone heard Hui's screams in pain as Cory finally got to attacking him.

Everyone turned when they heard a new voice, Jeonguk snapping out of it when he recognized who it was. "C-Chaeyoung," whispered Jeonguk. Chaeyoung walked over, smiling some. "Long time no see Jeonguk," she said. Jeonguk nodded, trying to form words to speak but he couldn't find it in him to speak. Chaeyoung leaned down and kissed Jeonguk on the forehead.

"I must give Kihyun his wolf back," she said. "B-But," said Jeonguk. "Don't worry, I'm always there in your heart," said Chaeyong as she smiled some. "My wolf is with you," she said, putting a hand on his cheek. "Just stay strong for me," she said. Jeonguk nodded. Chaeyoung turned to Changsun, who was watching the event with a blank expression. "You've kept him happy through out the years, I thank you for that," she said. Changsun nodded. "You must snap him out of it," she said, turning to Jimin. "I know you won't understand me, but I think you will get the idea of what I am trying to say to you," she said. "Just keep him happy, and don't betray him," she said before walking over to Kihyun. "Leave her be," Kisu said in English as he saw Jimin tense. "Go and snap Cory out of it," he said. Jimin nodded and turned to Cory and Hui's fight.

Cory had Hui pinned as he continuously punched Hui in the face. Hui tried to block the punches but he was already rather battered by the attacks Cory had landed earlier. "I should let him kill you," said Jimin as he walked over. "But I am not that cruel," he said. "Cory," he said, getting Cory's attention as he turned to Jimin. Cory stood, before going to attack Jimin. Jimin flared his alpha aura, causing Cory to freeze. "Joohyun," he said, causing Cory to snap out of it as his shoulders slumped, his eyes going back to their normal human color. "D-Did it happen again?" Cory asked, his voice quiet now as he looked down at his bloody hands. Jimin went and hugged Cory. "You're alright now," he said. Cory nodded.

They both turned to Hui, who lay on the ground groaning in pain. "What should we do with him?" Asked Cory. "Mm," said Jimin. Cory picked up Hui by the shirt, his eyes flashing gold in anger as he growled. "You did this and now you face the consequences," he spat as he shoved Hui against the wall. "You're lucky Jimin stopped me before I landed a fatal blow," he spat as he let go of Hui, who slumped to the floor. He turned to the others, spotting Chaeyoung.

"So it did work," Cory said in Korean as Chaeyoung transferred Kihyun's wolf back to Kihyun before turning to Cory and walking over, her body starting to fade now. "You've done a good job leading the pack Joohyun," said Chaeyoung as she placed a hand on Cory's cheek. Cory in a deep breath as he felt tears start to fall. "You've always been like an older brother to me," said Chaeyoung. "Stay strong Joohyun," she said as she completely faded from existence. Cory fell to his knees, sobbing now as he covered his face with his hands. Jimin put a comforting hand on Cory's back, gently rubbing his back to try and calm him down.

Kihyun groaned as he woke with a start, sitting up and coughing. "Ugh," he muttered as Changsun came over to see how he was. "Are you alright?" Asked Changsun. "W-What?" Asked Kihyun as he looked up at Changsun. "Are you okay?" Asked Kisu as he walked over. "I'm fine," mumbled Kihyun. "W-Was my wolf returned to me?" He asked. Kisu nodded. "Chaeyoung gave your wolf back," he said. "Who?" Asked Kihyun. "Jeonguk's mate," muttered Kisu as he looked towards where Jeonguk was.

Jeonguk was slumped on the floor, staring at his hands. Changsun walked over and put a hand on Jeonguk's shoulder. Jeonguk looked up at Changsun. "She seemed like a good mate hyung," said Changsun. "She wouldn't want to see you sad like this," he said. "I guess so," mumbled Jeonguk as he turned to where Cory was. He got up and went over to Cory. "Hyung," he said, causing Cory to look at him. "What are we going to do with Hui?" He asked. Cory wiped his face with the back of his hand and stood, turning to look at Hui. "I say we leave him for iKon to take care of," he said in English, turning to Jimin to see what he would say. "I'm fine with that," said Jimin. "Consider yourself kicked out, good luck getting into any pack that works for Kris," spat Cory before he turned and walked over to where Youngjae and Jooheon were.

"We're fine," said Youngjae as he helped Jooheon stand when Cory walked over. "Thanks for coming to rescue us," he said. Cory scratched the back of his head. "No problem," he said.

"You should get cleaned up before we leave," said Jimin as he turned to Cory. "Man, I ruined my favorite hoodie," said Cory as he looked down at his bloody clothes. Jimin laughs. "Is that really all you care about right now?" He asked. "I was trying to lighten the mood," Cory said with a chuckle before he went to go clean up the best he could.

"Can you get up?" Kisu asked Kihyun. "I can try," said Kihyun as he tried to stand. Jimin went to help him stand, slinging an arm over his shoulder. "Let's get you out to the truck I saw outside," he said before helping Kihyun out to the truck. Changsun went over and searched Hui for any keys. "You really are a messed up individual," he said, grabbing Hui's passport and id card along with the key to the truck. "These will be burned when we know you're dead so don't bother," he said before walking away with everything.

Everyone left in the truck and Kihyun's Jeep when Cory came back dressed in new clothes. He couldn't let go of his favorite hoodie as he shrugged it on. Jimin drove home in the truck while Cory drove behind him in the Jeep.