Chapter 1

An Alpha's Struggle

Jimin was at the lake, a common thing for him to do now when he needed time to himself, staring out over the water. It had been a few years since Jin had died and even now he still struggled with being an alpha.

"How can you expect me to surpass you when I know I can't," he mumbled to himself as he picked up a rock and skipped it across the water. He sighed, before picking up another rock and skipping it across the water. He came here to be alone, and yet he didn't like being alone what so ever.

"Jimin?" Came Kihyun's voice as he walked over to Jimin. Jimin hummed in response as he turned to look at Kihyun. "What's up?" He asked. Kihyun tilted his head to the side. "You're out here again," he said. "Was wondering if you were doing alright," he said. "I'm fine," said Jimin. "I just needed a minute alone," he said. "You were out here for 4 hours," said Kihyun. Jimin checked his phone. "Really? Wow," he said. "Changkhyun just sent me to check on you," said Kihyun. "At least let us know when you're going to be out next time," he said. "Sure," said Jimin. "Am I needed back home?" He asked. "No, but it's just Changkhyun being an alpha and checking on you," said Kihyun. "Mm," said Jimin as he turned back to the lake.

"Did you also come over to say hello?" Asked Kihyun as he looked towards the three graves. "Mm," said Jimin as he turned towards the graves. "I come around every week or so to drop off some flowers," he said. "We need to add a grave for Hyungwon," he mumbled as he sighed. "We should wait until Minhyuk and Joshua come visit again," said Kihyun. "I think we owe them that much at least," he said. Jimin nodded and turned to Kihyun. "I guess we do don't we?" He asked. "I'm ready to go home," he said before heading back. Kihyun followed after him.

Changkhyun smiled when he saw Jimin and Kihyun return. "Welcome back you two," he said. "Thanks," said Jimin and Kihyun. "Where ya going?" Asked Jimin when he noticed that Changkhyun was packing up the jeep. "I'm being sent out to South Korea," said Changkhyun. "Some long term mission that's happening, Jungkook's going with me since he's the only one here that knows Korean," he said. "Meet up with Seungkwan and Vernon at least," said Kihyun. "They can help you a little," he said. "That's what we're planning," said Jungkook.

"What does the mission entail?" Asked Jimin. "Just gotta keep an eye on the Chae's for a bit," said Changkhyun. "From Kris's perspective it's more of a "they tried to kill someone who had pack members who work for me, I need to keep an eye on him" thing," he said. "Mm," said Jimin. "I trust you can be in charge," said Changkhyun. "I'll try," said Jimin as he scratched the back of his head. Changkhyun smiled and tousled Jimin's hair. "I know you can be a good alpha Jimin," he said. "Just believe," he said before getting in the Jeep. Jungkook came over and nodded to Jimin. "You can do it Jimin, I don't know when we'll be back but keep things good for us alright?" He asked. Jimin nodded. Jungkook got into the Jeep, sitting in the passenger seat with Changkhyun getting into the driver's seat. Changkhyun honked the horn before starting the jeep and backing out. He then drove off to the airport.

Jimin watched them go, waving until the jeep was out of sight. He then turned to walk back inside, with Kihyun keeping an eye on him for now. Hoseok and Doyoung were due back from their missions soon, and Namjoon was due for missions soon. "Jimin-ah," said Youngjae as he saw Jimin walk into the house. "Hm?" Asked Jimin. "Minhyuk was asking if he could come visit with Joshua," said Youngjae. "I know that Changkhyun already said sure, but since he's gone now we need your input," he said. "Sure," said Jimin. "Alright," said Youngjae. "I'll let them know you said it was alright," he said before going to text Minhyuk.

"Who's working on lunch?" Asked Jimin. "Jooheon is," said Kihyun. "Alright," said Jimin. "I'm going for a run," he said. "Don't spend 4 hours outside again," said Kihyun. "I won't," said Jimin as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. He then left, going out the back door to change and go for a run.

"He's never going to make it as an alpha," mumbled Youngjae. "We just have to support him the best we can," said Kihyun. "Nothing more than that," he said. "If he doesn't have our full support how are we going to get him to be a strong alpha when Changkhyun and Jungkook leave?" He asked. "They talked about leaving?" Asked Youngjae. "No," said Kihyun. "I'm doing this as a hypothetical thing," he said. "Someone has to step up as alpha, and none of us here really consider ourselves alphas," he said. "Jimin's technically next in line to be alpha," he said. "Mm," said Youngjae.

Lunch was done in an hour and Jimin came back to get changed and eat. Everyone sat at the kitchen table to eat, Jimin having a quiet conversation with Namjoon. Everyone had small conversations with each other as they ate.

Namjoon got a text in the middle of lunch and checked it. "I got my missions," he said. "Alright," said Jimin. "Good luck," he said. Namjoon nodded and quickly ate his lunch before going to pack up and go in Jin's truck.

Minhyuk and Joshua arrived just before dinner, having just finished their missions and wanted to stop somewhere before heading home. "Welcome," said Jimin. "Thanks," said Minhyuk. "We'll only be here a couple days," he said. "Alright," said Jimin. Joshua was quiet as he looked around. "If you need to change go ahead," said Jimin. "I don't need to," said Joshua as he sighed. "I just feel weird in this area," he said. "Like it's home," he said. "You're a lynx aren't you? This would be home to you," said Jimin. Joshua tilted his head to the side in thought. "I guess," he said.