Chapter 19

An Alpha's Struggle

Surprisingly, Cory didn't wake up from his nightmares. Kihyun woke up early the next morning, stretching a little as he moved out from Jimin's arms. He sat up, yawning as he turned to the two sleeping figures on the bed. He smiled slightly, when Jimin turned around and buried his face into Cory's chest. He shook his head and got up, going to get some clothes and head into the bathroom to shower and get the cooler ready for the barbecue.

Kihyun wandered into the kitchen dressed in jeans and a t-shirt under a grey hoodie to start the coffee maker as he heard everyone else start to wake up. He went to grab the stuff to put in the cooler as he dragged the cooler inside from the back door. He was by himself for a few more minutes before he heard someone enter the kitchen. He looked up, seeing Namjoon. "Want help?" Asked Namjoon. "Sure," said Kihyun as he pointed to the freezer. "There's still a few things in the freezer we need to put in the cooler," he said. Namjoon nodded and went to help Kihyun put everything in the cooler before dragging it back outside.

Youngjae, Jooheon and Kisu were next to enter the kitchen, going to grab their cups of coffee. Kisu immediately spit his out when he took a sip. "Ugh, I am too used to Changsun's coffee," he said, handing it to Jooheon who drank it. "Korean coffee is really good, I should've brought some with me," he said, sighing. "Great, we got someone else who hates the way I make coffee," Kihyun said with a sigh as he reentered the house with Namjoon behind him. "To be fair, you haven't tried Korean coffee," said Kisu as he shrugs. "Yeah yeah," grumbled Kihyun as he went to wake up Jimin and Cory.

"Cory, Jimin," said Kihyun as he went to shake them both awake. "Come on, wake up," he said. Jimin whined as he opened his eyes, scowling at Kihyun. "If you want to miss the snowball fight then fine with me," said Kihyun as he shrugs. That got Jimin moving as he moved out from Cory's arms. He got up and ran out of the room and into the bathroom, coming back to get some clothes before running back into the bathroom to shower and get changed. "Cory?" Asked Kihyun as he shook Cory awake. "Mm, 5 more minutes," grumbled Cory as he turned over, falling off the bed to get away from Kihyun. He sat up with a start, looking at Kihyun before getting up. "I'll leave you to get ready then," said Kihyun. "Jimin shouldn't take too long in the shower," he said before leaving the room.

"Cory, tell Kihyun that Changsun's coffee is better than his," said Kisu when Cory entered the kitchen dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of khaki pants with his now trademark blue zip up hoodie. "Well, Changsun does make good coffee," said Cory as he shrugs. "That's it," said Kihyun. "You're bringing your packmate here after Christmas and we're having a barista battle," he said. Cory and Kisu laughs, shaking their heads. "Whatever you say Kihyun," Cory said between bits of laughter. "Changsun's going to take this as a challenge, he's not going to give up until you do, or we all choose him," he said with a snicker. Kihyun sighed and shook his head. "Whatever, who wants to drag the grill and propane tank out to the lake?" He asked. "I'll help," said Cory. "Sure," said Kisu.

Kisu and Cory went to drag the grill to the lake with Jooheon helping Kihyun drag the cooler to the lake. Everyone else followed suit, excited for the barbecue and just a day out at the lake. When they got there Cory set up the grill, being the one to start cooking the food. Kisu went to check to make sure he didn't burn the food as Jimin and Kihyun climbed onto the rock with a blanket and unfolded it out before sitting on it. Youngjae and Jooheon went to say happy birthday to Jin, leaving flowers on his grave along with the others before joining the others on the shore. Namjoon hung out a little bit away from the others, staring out at the frozen lake.

They ended up spending the entire day out at the lake, laughing and having fun. Cory got to get his mind off the anger for the day which was nice, and he was able to have fun. Jimin kept an eye on him, but had relaxed a little when he saw that Cory was being himself today.

Jimin was the first person to initiate the snowball fight, throwing it at Kihyun. "Yah!" Said Kihyun as he laughs, making a snow ball and throwing it at Jimin. Jimin laughs as everyone else joined in, going behind trees for cover. Cory and Kisu teamed up and threw snowballs at Kihyun who tried to dodge out of the way. Jimin and the others joined in, causing Kihyun to protest as he dove behind a bush. "Okay okay I give!" Yelled Kihyun. Jimin and Cory were out of breath as they laughed, holding their sides. Kisu sat down in the snow, still laughing.

"Alright alright, we had our fun," said Kihyun as he walked over. "I know Youngjae and Jooheon went to say happy birthday, what about everyone else?" He asked. "I did," said Namjoon. "I went yesterday," he said, shrugging. "You were here when I went," said Cory. "Did it yesterday too," said Jimin and Kisu. "Alright, one last toast and we can go back," said Kihyun as he headed back to the cooler. Everyone else followed after him.

"Here's to another year," said Kihyun as he held up his can of soda. "To another year," said Jimin and the others as they toasted. "Happy birthday Jin," said Cory and Kisu. "Happy birthday," said Youngjae and Jooheon. They packed up the grill and cooler, Namjoon helping Cory take the grill back while Kisu and Jooheon dragged the cooler back. The others followed after them.

"Hyung," Kisu called to Cory when they reached the house. "What's up?" Asked Cory as he helped put the grill away before turning to Kisu. "Can we talk?" Kisu asked in Korean as his expression turned serious. Namjoon tilted his head to the side. "Sure," said Cory as he turned to Namjoon. "It's pack business, can you tell the others we'll be a bit before we go inside?" He asked. Namjoon nodded and went inside to tell the others.

"What's the problem now?" Cory asked in Korean as he started to walk around the property with Kisu. "Hui's disappeared off the radar," Kisu said in Korean. "He was supposed to be here today," he said. "I never had any doubt that he'd turn on us but now it's becoming suspicious," he said. Cory's expression turned serious as he tilted his head to the side in thought. "We may have a problem," he said. "First me relapsing now Hui's disappeared off the radar," he said. "No duh," Kisu said with a sigh. "We need to be careful," he said. "If something happens and we aren't there to prevent it, well," he said. "I know I know," said Cory as he looked up at the sky.