Chapter 3

An Alpha's Struggle

Joshua and Minhyuk left a couple days later, and Jimin was left to himself again. He didn't want them to go, but Minhyuk didn't belong to their pack anymore, he had left with Daehyun and Yoongi when they had left. And Joshua didn't belong to their pack in the first place.

Jimin found himself sitting on the couch in the living room, watching some movie that randomly started playing on TV. Kihyun came out of their shared room, scratching the back of his head when he saw Jimin on the couch. "You're not out at the lake today?" He asked. "No," said Jimin. "Something had me sitting on the couch to watch a movie," he said.

"Hyung," said Jimin when Kihyun went to join him on the couch. "Mm?" Asked Kihyun. "What are you going to do when I find my pure blood mate?" Jimin asked. Kihyun sighed. "I should've seen this coming," he mumbled. "But I want to stay with you," he said. "I don't think you'd want an insane wolf on your hands, and I don't want to leave you when you still feel insecure about things," he said. "I guess," said Jimin as he scratched the back of his head.

"Where's the others?" He asked. "Jooheon and Youngjae went for a run earlier," said Kihyun. "I might go food shopping, would you like to go with me?" He asked. "Who's car are we taking?" Asked Jimin. "We still have my Jeep," said Kihyun. "Oh yeah," said Jimin. "I forgot about that," he said. Kihyun chuckled some. "So you want to go grocery shopping with me?" He asked. "Sure," said Jimin as he stood, stretching. He turned off the tv and Kihyun texted their group chat to let everyone know where he was headed and headed out to his jeep with Jimin following after him.

Kihyun drove to the grocery store with Jimin in the passenger seat. When they got there Kihyun parked somewhere and got out with Jimin following after him. "Mind grabbing a cart?" He asked. "Sure," said Jimin as he grabbed a cart and pushed it into the grocery store with Kihyun following after him. Kihyun took the cart down various isles to get stuff for food this week. What they weren't prepared for was running into a pack of werewolves while they were shopping.

"Look Cory! Fresh meat," said one of them. "Shut up Hui," said the person named Cory as he turned to Jimin and Kihyun. "Excuse my rude pack mate," he said. "I'm Cory," he said in introduction. "What brings you to our territory?" Asked Jimin. "Erm, we got a mission from Kris when your main alpha and his mate went to see our pack," said Cory. "Basically we switched places," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I'm not here to take your place as alpha though," he said. Jimin nodded. "So they made it there safely?" He asked. Cory nodded.

"This is Hui and Kisu," he said, introducing his pack mates to Jimin and Kihyun. "I'm Jimin, this is Kihyun," said Jimin. "When did you guys get here?" He asked. "A few days ago, we're staying in a hotel," said Cory. "We came here to get food but ran into you," he said. "Since you guys work for Kris you can stay at our place for a bit," said Kihyun as he looked at Jimin to get a confirmation. "Sure," said Jimin. "I mean you guys were sent to us so," he said, shrugging. Cory nodded. "We'll go get our stuff and rental car and head over there," he said. "Alright, we'll continue shopping and let our pack mates know you're coming," said Jimin. Cory nodded and left with his pack mates.

Jimin and Kihyun continued shopping after letting the group chat know they were having visitors. Youngjae and Jooheon were home by that time as they responded. "Alright, let's get home," said Kihyun as they got everything they needed. Jimin nodded and went to the check out line and paid for their things. After getting the bags in the jeep Kihyun drove home with Jimin in the passenger seat.

They saw a rental car in the driveway so Kihyun pulled up to next to it, parking and turning off the ignition. Jooheon came out to help bring the grocery bags in as Jimin and Kihyun went to grab what bags they could before going inside. "I see you guys made it," said Jimin as he spotted Cory in the kitchen helping put groceries away. "Mm," said Cory. "Hui and Kisu are exploring a bit if you don't mind," he said. "Not at all," said Jimin. "Just don't go too far north, that's Chanyeol's territory," he said. Cory nodded. "We'll keep that in mind," he said.

"What do you guys usually do?" He asked. "Nothing really," said Jimin. "We hang out until people head out on missions," he said. "We don't usually have everyone around, it's pretty rare considering our most active team is our only vampire hunters," he said. "It's a small town so there isn't much to do," he said. "Mm," said Cory.

"Don't get too bored now," said Kihyun as he went to start making dinner. "There's plenty of things to do, when Hobi and Doyoung get back we plan on heading out to the lake to have a beach day," he said. "You're welcome to join us," he said. "Sure," said Cory. "It'd be something to do at least," he said with a chuckle. "Go relax a bit, I'll have dinner ready in an hour," said Kihyun. Cory nodded and went into the living room with Jimin following after him.

Kisu and Hui came in close to dinner time and joined Cory and Jimin in the living room. Youngjae and Jooheon were in the kitchen helping Kihyun with dinner.

"Dinner!" Called Kihyun. Cory, Hui and Kisu got up and headed into the kitchen. Jimin had spaced out so Kihyun came to get him. "Jimin," said Kihyun. "Hm?" Asked Jimin as he looked up at Kihyun. "Dinner," said Kihyun as he tilted his head to the side. "Oh," said Jimin as he got up and headed into the kitchen to get his plate of dinner. Kihyun went after him.

Dinner was quiet, no one really talking. Kihyun got a text from Changkhyun saying that they could have his and Jungkook's room so there would a room free for their guests. "Well, Changkhyun's being generous," said Kihyun as he showed the text to Jimin. "We share the room with Hobi and Doyoung though?" Asked Jimin as he tilted his head to the side. "We'll figure it out," said Kihyun. 

"You guys are getting our room while you're staying," he said to Cory when Cory gave him a questioning look. "Ah," said Cory. "Well, it beats sleeping on the floor," he said with a chuckle. "How we managed to fit two queen sized beds in there I'll never figure out," said Jimin as he scratched the back of his head. "But we managed," he said. "We share that room with two other people, and they're mates," he explained. "Mm," said Kisu.

After dinner Jimin showed Cory and his pack mates the room they'd be staying in. "Well, I see what you meant by "how we managed to fit two queen sized beds in there we'll never figure out" now," said Cory as he looked around the small room. "Which bed belongs to your two pack mates?" He asked. "The one that's parallel to the door," said Jimin as he pointed. "The one against the back wall you can share, and one person can sleep on the floor or something," he said, shrugging. He let them settle into the room as he left, heading to Changkhyun's room to see what Kihyun was up to.

"Well, we get a room to ourselves," said Kihyun as he turned to Jimin who nodded. "What's with you spacing out?" He asked. "I don't know," said Jimin as he sighed. "I've been extra out of it today it seems," he said.

That night Jimin lay in bed, hugging a sleeping Kihyun from behind as he tried to fall asleep. He couldn't sleep for some reason as he buried his face into Kihyun's back, letting out a sigh. He lifted his head when he heard the door open, Cory standing in the doorway. "Can I sleep in here? those two are loud snorers," Cory whispered. Jimin nodded and scooted himself forward pushing Kihyun forward slightly to make room for Cory. Cory smiled slightly before climbing into bed behind Jimin and falling asleep. Jimin felt calmer thanks to Cory's presence but he didn't know why. He shrugged it off and buried his face into Kihyun's back before finally falling asleep.