Chapter 41

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Lisa decided to stay at her in-law's house in Daegu. Taehyung was rather surprised by her sudden request by the way. But, the reason she gave made his heart touched, something that was unthinkable to him; to visit grandmother Kim’s grave.

Both Lisa and Taehyung departed from Seoul using a different plane. Of course with a super tight guard, so that the public doesn’t notice the arrival of one of them.

Lisa arrived two hours earlier than her husband. Luckily Mr. and Mrs. Kim happily picked up their daughter-in-law and took her to lunch together at a traditional Korean restaurant not far from the crematorium.

It feels like only yesterday that Lisa did quality time with her mother-in-law, but this time it was different. She felt much better after exchanging stories and laughing with them. Since the beginning, Kim's family had warmly accepted her presence. They always treated her like their own daughter even though she wasn’t with Taehyung.

"Oh, oppa is on the way to here,” Lisa told her in-law’s once she got a notification on her phone. They just finished the main course before moving to order the dessert.

“Did he eat? Should we order food for him?” Mrs. Kim asked, taking the initiative to grab the menu book.

“He might have eaten on the plane, but I'll ask him,” Lisa said as she texted him back.

A few minutes later her phone notification came back on. She immediately checked it while sipping the watermelon juice she ordered.

“I haven't eaten yet, please order food for me” Lisa read the message from her husband to two elderly people in front of her which replied by a nod from them.

“Okay, then what should we order, huh?” Mr. Kim asked

“Japchae of course” Lisa proudly told her father-in-law with a big smile on her face,

“Nah, no need to ask yeobo-ya, his wife knew him too well, aigoo” Mrs. Kim teased Lisa which then reaped laughter from everyone.

“Hahaha I know right”

.

.

Daegu Crematorium, Daegu

This is the first time Taheyung visited his grandmother's grave after nearly eight months ago grandma Kim died. Of course, he didn’t have time to visit while having a proper time to be with his wife was quite difficult for him.

He felt grateful that Lisa had reminded him to come there. Without her, he doesn't know when he can really go home and visit his grandmother.

Once in a million times if his mother ever when discussing about when her eldest son could go home with his wife.

“Annyeong haelmoni, it’s me Taehyung”

Taehyung spoke first after paying his respects in front of his grandmother's grave, while Lisa and his parents quietly listened to him carefully.

“Forgive me for only now being able to see you. I’ve been very busy and I hope you understand” he bowed his head, looking guilty. “Ah, I came here with my wife. You must really want to meet Lisa, right?”

Then Taehyung brought Lisa who was originally standing behind him with his parents to stand on his side.

She automatically bowed to pay homage to grandma Kim’s grave. “Annyeonghaseyo haelmoni, it’s Lisa. I missed you…”

“I'm sorry for not having had the chance to visit you after we got married. I'm sure you already know what we've been through for the past few months” she said as she got teary-eyed.

Aware of his wife's trembling voice, Taehyung reflexively embraced her and shook her slowly to give her strength.

“Please pray for us so we can go through this well and please pray for me so that I can truly let go of our first child to live with you. Hope you’ll take care of him, haelmoni. Tell him that I miss him, we love him as we love you, haelmoni” Lisa said in tears. Her tears turned into sobs as Taehyung brought her into his arms.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim couldn’t hold back her tears hearing Lisa’s message to late grandmother Kim. As a mother, she knew very well how she felt. She really understands how it hurts to lose a child.

“Before we leave, let me thank you for arranging our marriage, haelmoni. If it wasn't for you, maybe I wouldn't have gotten a wife as good as Lisa” Taehyung took over the conversation since his wife was no longer able to speak.

“…”

“You were right, Lisa is the right person to accompany me. I don't know how my life would be without her. Once again, thank you haelmoni, and please pray for us so that we can live happily until death do apart. I love you, haelmoni”

.

.

They should have been able to stay longer in Daegu if only both CEOs of YG and Bighit hadn’t called them suddenly. Sejin the manager said that several things needed to be discussed, and one of which involved the rules that had been agreed upon before the two of them were married.

This of course raised questions for both of them since YG is famous for his very strict rules. They wonder what surprises they will get from the company.

So, the next evening the two of them arrived separately at YG's office. Tae came an hour late because he had to pick up RM, Jin and JK first. Those three came to represent the three other members who were unable to attend the meeting.

“Good evening everyone” The main person at YG Entertainment voiced out to start the internal meeting.

The impromptu meeting was only attended by a handful of staff, managers and both BTS and Blackpink members.

This meeting was suddenly held after considering a number of important events that recently occurred. They must quickly take steps before the public knows anything further or there’s a misunderstanding that has the potential to destroy both companies.

“First of all, I want to express my deepest condolences to you guys, and I just got an update from the court that the suspect who harmed Lisa will be tried in court next week”

Everyone was quite surprised to hear the latest info he just said. They were quite relieved to know that the law acted very quickly in processing criminal cases Lisa experienced.

“My lawyer has taken care of everything, so you don't need to worry about this. I'm sure they will get the punishment they deserve” YG added which the data was immediately recorded by the staff for immediate processing.

“Thank you, sajang-nim” Taehyung sincerely told the CEO.

“Alright, there are a few things I want to say regarding Blackpink's activities in the future before Bang Si-hyuk will announce the new rules that we’ve already discussed based on your marriage regulations” He justified his sitting position, feeling a bit nervous when the conversation had entered the core.

“Considering some recent events, so we decided to revoke Lisa's hiatus plan and she could…”

“Wait, WHAT?!” Lisa couldn't hide her surprise when she learned that the company had decided to turn her off from Blackpink. “Hi-hiatus?”

Her eyes immediately fixed on her husband who sat on her right side and her three members who sat on her left side alternately. Her gaze was full of questions and demanded an explanation.

“Didn't someone tell you about this?” YG frowned, a bit confused about the situation where Jennie Kim, Jisoo and Rose looked nervous and silent.

“No” Lisa’s voice is clear and sharp.

“Sorry Lili, I didn't mean to lie to you. I'm just waiting for the right time to say this ‘cause your pregnancy was still very risky at that time” Taehyung spoke to her.

He knew this was a mistake. However, she actually has the right to know this. So, he was ready to face her anger.

“Don’t blame him for this, Lili. We did plan to discuss this with you, but some events happened so fast that we haven't had a chance to say it yet” Jennie gave a plausible reason that fortunately could be accepted by Lisa.

“True. This is a quite sensitive topic, not only for you but also for us, Lili. So, we did think of the right time to tell you before it was Yang sajang-nim who finally delivered this to you” Jisoo added to neutralize the atmosphere.

Fortunately, all those reasons were given by her husband, and also her best friends did make sense so that it was easy for her to accept it without responding with anger.

“Alright girls, shall we continue this?” YG then continued his conversation which was interrupted after receiving a nod from the girls, “Okay, because Lisa needs proper training and preparation, then your comeback schedule must be postponed”

“What?!” Jennie and Rose screamed in unison. “Seriously, sajang-nim” Geez, his decision was completely unexpected.

Most of the staff and members seemed rather disappointed with his decision just now. It’s because they have prepared everything carefully, until the show and promotion schedules were already set for the next six months. This is of course bothersome and detrimental to many parties.

“Sajang-nim” then Lisa suddenly raised her hand to gain people’s attention. “I think we should keep doing it on schedule”

“Oh, you kidding me Lalice” Jennie sarcastically said while rolling her eyes.

“Seriously, I’ll try to catch up with the dance practice and stuff. Don’t worry, we can make it”

“Lisa” Taehyung held his wife’s hand firmly as he gave a sharp gaze as a warning to her, but she didn’t budge at all. Tae really didn't understand what was in her mind.

“Oppa, like what we've discussed, please allow me to fix everything and catch up. This is the time, this is the right time for us” Lisa said with confidence.

A series of events that occurred during their marriage left a lot of chaos. At least that's how both Lisa and Taehyung felt. The adaptation process seems to take up a lot of time and thought, making them unfocused on what’s being done and ultimately creating new problems that are detrimental to many parties.

This marriage is just the beginning of their lives. They have gone through the bitter part that is able to mature them. Moments that made them realize that marriage isn’t just about the two of them, but there are many parties who inevitably get involved in it.

So, that night, Lisa and Taehyung decided to postpone the pregnancy program and focus on fixing each other's careers. They want to prove and thank members, staff and fans who faithfully support them, even in the most difficult times. They wanted to pursue a dream that was delayed until in the end, they would return home to each other's arms.

“Are you sure you wanna do this?” It was Namjoon who asked the couple.

“Yes, we’ve talked about this and we agreed to prioritize work first” answered Taehyung which responded by a nod from Lisa.

“But aren't you still recovering?” it was Rose’s turn to ask

“Gwenchana, I've consulted this with my doctor”

“Then what about dance practice?” Jin was wondering.

If it were him, Kim Seokjin certainly wouldn't be able to do it. He needs at least a month to memorize the whole choreo before joining the other members, and even he must be ready to be scolded by Hoseok. Then Lisa’s decision seems impossible to him.

“Don’t worry oppa, Lisa can remember all the choreo with just a blink of an eye” Jisoo replied casually which was responded by laughter from all YG staff. “She’s our dancing queen”

“Alright then, the schedule will stay the same. Please prepare yourself well, Lisa. Make sure everything is perfect ‘cos I’m going to watch over you this time” The CEO said with full of authority

“Yes sajang-nim” Lisa said confidently,

“We’ll discuss the detailed of preparations in the upcoming meeting, now let's allow Bang Sihyuk-ssi to convey some important points regarding your marriage”

Then all eyes fixed to the fat-bodied man who sat in the middle of Namjoon and Jin. As usual, he looks very calm and friendly. Maybe he’s more accurately called 'aboeji' than papa YG. Ah, Bangtan is so lucky to have a leader like him.

“Thanks, hyung” He bowed and smiled before fixing his eyes straight to the couple. “Taehyung-ah, Lisa-ya, sorry I didn't get to visit you when that happened”

“Gwenchana sajang-nim, we really thank you for the hampers you sent to us” Taehyung told him.

“There are several points that I have already discussed with YG. Hmm… related to the rules we once agreed upon before you guys got married, we think there needs to be changed based on the last few incidents…”

Dugeum… dugeum… all eyes were on him with palpitations. They can't wait to hear the changes the CEOs have agreed on.

“First, we don't mind confirming your real status if the media or the public knows about it”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter