Chapter 36

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 36

Walking into the Bighit CEO Bang PD’s room has never been this scary before. Walking after the manager with Namjoon, Taehyung could feel his heart pounding like crazy and his adrenaline peaked as if he would face something big and challenging his guts.

Tonight he was forced to leave Lisa with his mother to fulfill the CEO’s call. He was pretty sure this sudden meeting would aim to discuss his scandal that had just been revealed to the public.

Well honestly, Taehyung has given up his fate in this group. The mistakes he made were too complicated to be forgiven and he found no reason why the CEO had to keep him in the group while he was sure the six other members would continue to succeed even without him. He just hoped whatever the decision would be, hopefully it was something positive and best for him and Lisa.

 

“You nervous?” Kim Namjoon broke the silence right when the elevator door had just closed.

“Umh”

 

Without he realized, Namjoon had a small smile on his face seeing how nervous Taehyung was with his head bowed. In the midst of such complicated situations, Namjoon felt quite relieved that his brother next to him hadn’t changed a bit.

Taehyung is still his favorite boy he used to know. The difference is now he’s growing more mature and he must admit that he’s very proud to see how brave and wise he is to face this difficulty without involving others.

Plus, this is the first time he has seen one of s truly fall in love with a girl until he’s willing to risk his life. This makes him really feel Lisa is a part of their family that they must protect together.

This is also the reason why he insisted to accompany Taehyung to attend the meeting even though the invitation clearly only listed Taehyung’s name as a BTS member. Namjoon just didn’t want to let him go through this all alone. Big brother’s instinct.

 

“Don’t worry Tae, Sajangnim won’t kick you out of the group” the leader said casually, “… he might just revoke all privileges or cut your salary”

“…” Taehyung reflexively turned to him, making the leader burst laughing at his expression.

“Hey, just kidding bro!”

Taehyung replied to a pat on his shoulder with a snort. Damn, how could he joked in a situation like this, and oh even Sejin hyung was on his side, laughing happily with him.

“Chill Tae, everything’s gonna be okay, trust me”

“Yeah hopefully”

Taelice Apartment

“Lisa?” It was already late at night when Mrs. Kim found her daughter-in-law checking the fridge in the pantry alone. “… what are you doing here, darling? I thought you were sleeping”

“Eo-eomma, I’m sorry.. did I wake you up?”

The old woman shook her head and smiled, “No, I was about to take a glass of water. You hungry?”

Like someone caught in the act, Lisa could only smile awkwardly before nodding her head, “Ungg yeh, a little”

Mrs. Kim couldn’t help smiling before deciding to approach Lisa. “What do you want to eat, huh? Let me cook for you”

Lisa certainly reflexively shook her head and waved her hands as a sign of rejection, “Gwenchana eomma, I think a banana is enough for me. Don’t mind me, eomma. Seriously, you better go back to sleep”

“Hey, how can I ignore my grandchild starving, huh? Please don’t stop me darling, just tell me what you want to eat now”

The grip of her hands and her gentle gaze managed to make Lisa soften. Ah, she feels very lucky to have a very good mother-in-law like Mrs. Kim.

“Is that really okay?” She hesitantly asked

“Of course! Although my cooking certainly won't be as good as your father's, but at least I'm happy to be able to do something for my beautiful daughter”

They both smiled before she sincerely said, “Thank you eomma”

“So, what’s for this late dinner, huh?” Mrs. Kim has now moved to the kitchen shelf to get pots and other cooking utensils which of course are rarely used since the owners are idols who rarely stay at home.

“Umm how about kimchi fried rice? I want some spicy food”

“That’s it? Should I make pudding for dessert?”

Lisa shook her head then grinning like a kid, “No need, eomma, thank youuu”

“Ah, I'm so happy that I can finally do this for you, darling” Mrs. Kim said as she whisked an egg while Lisa watched from the bar stool. “... You know, since you guys got married, I have never treated you well. I should cook more or send food to you more often”

“Noo, we who should visit you more often, forgive our busy schedule, eomma”

“Don’t worry Lisa-ya, we understand about that” the old woman said, smiling. “… seeing you two love each other and live happily is enough for us, that’s the source of our happiness”

“We do love each other, eomma. Taehyung oppa treated me very well that I feel so loved and grateful to have a husband like him” Lisa said truthfully

“Really? Thank goodness, so that means he really kept his promise”

“Promise?” Lisa frowned at the statement.

Mrs. Kim smiled before nodding her head, “When Taehyung first decided to marry you, his father had actually turned him down. He feared that it was only his impulsive act as a form of sadness after haelmoni died” She remembers the night when her oldest son invited them to talk seriously about his future.

“…” Lisa listened to her carefully.

“Aboeji thinks that a loveless marriage is a disaster that ultimately hurts both parties, especially since you two are still very young” For the umpteenth time Mrs. Kim smiled watching the figure of the brunette woman sitting in front of her, the woman who even still looked like a child in her eyes.

“At that time Taehyung couldn’t answer most of dad's questions, but he firmly assured us that he would love and protect you no matter what. Taehyung managed to convince us that this marriage was a serious matter for him and he already proved that”

 

Awww..

 

Lisa was melting in her words. For her that was sweet.

She really didn't think Kim Taehyung was that serious to her, even before they got married. Oh god she felt so ashamed because she had doubted his seriousness just because he had liked another woman.

“Seriously eomma?”

“Umh, Taehyung loves you from the start, Lisa” Oh no, Lisa starts to feel butterflies dancing in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter