Chapter 16

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

Jin’s Birthday

 

It was 6 am when Lisa opened her eyes slowly to adjust her vision to the sunlight that peeking through the slightly open curtains. She yawned as lazily stretching her body under the thick blanket.

 

Ah too early to start the day.

She remembered she has no schedule today. But still, she needs to go to the studio to practice and stuffs as she used to every single day. So, with a heavy heart, she forced herself to get up and leaned against the headboard while yawning lazily one more time.

 

“Oh what time now?” she mumbled to herself, reaching for her phone to see the clock. “.. gosh it’s still early, okay I’m going to sleep again. Annyeong”

 

Lisa was about to go back to sleep when her phone suddenly rang. She peeked then found her manager oppa name as the caller.

 

“Yes oppa”

“Wake up princess! I’ll pick you up in an hour” a familiar cheerful voice greeted her eardrums while she just mumbled in return.

“Hmm”

“So ppali wake up and get ready, ahrasso?!”

“Ndeee”

 

With that, Lisa pressed the red button then put her phone back on the bed. Fiuh, she feels grateful because it seems like the day won't be as tiring as ever.

 

She got up from the bed and went straight to the pantry to prepare breakfast for Taehyung and herself after carelessly tying her hair into a messy bun.

Her pace stopped as she saw her husband already sat on the bar stool, pouring banana cold milk into glasses.

Judging from his neat appearance wearing a white shirt with two buttons on top of it which he deliberately left, she could guess that he had taken a shower. But hey, it's still 6 in the morning. Didn’t he come home last night? How could she not know what time her husband arrived at home?

 

“Good morning wifey” Taehyung cheerfully greeted her as she walked closer then seated herself in front of him, “… have a good sleep?”

 

Lisa blinked her eyes a few times to see his unusual behavior. Is he really Taehyung? Wow, he looked… happy. Well, Taehyung is indeed a cheerful type of a man, but this time it seems he has a very good mood.

 

“Umh, oppa what time did you go home last night? Have you slept?” She frowned, still observing his happy face.

“Hmm about 5 am maybe,” He shrugged his shoulder, putting a toast with strawberry jam on Lisa’s plate. “… I’m not sure”

“May I know where did you stay last night?”

 

Oh how much she regretted her question which seemed like a protective and jealous wife, but honestly she was unable to hide her curiosity though she already knew about the answer he would give.

 

“My friend’s house”

 

See, she got the answer. Lisa absolutely no longer needs to ask that stupid question, because she herself must have known the answer and of course he was reluctant to admit it. Well, thank you girl, at least you tried.

 

“How about you? I saw a lot of food in the fridge, you bought it all?”

“My members came over to see you last night” She let a weak smile before biting the toast in her hand.

Her answer managed to make Taehyung shocked, “Jinjjaeyo? Why didn’t you tell me your friends were coming last night? I could cancel my schedule”

He felt truly sorry for her. If only he knew that his wife's friends were coming, he would automatically reject irene’s invitation and immediately go home. He really felt guilty, “I’m sorry Lisa-ya”

“Gwenchana oppa, we can have dinner another time” She smiled, trying not to be obvious about her feelings.

“Alright, please remind me to make a dinner appointment with them when I’m back from Hong Kong, okay?”

Lisa just nodded and smiled at him, “...”

 

Their conversation was interrupted by the ringing of his cellphone which signaled a video call from Jin as his handsome face filled the whole screen. Taehyung frowned before swiping the green button to answer the call.

 

“Yes hyung, what’s up?”

 

seconds later the face of the oldest BTS member appeared on his screen. It seems he was busy preparing breakfast in the kitchen as he used to do every morning.

 

“Oh Taehyung-ah you’ve awake?” He asked, whisking the eggs in a bowl

“Umh, I’m having breakfast with Lisa, wae?”

 

Then he suddenly directed his cellphone to his wife who was busy sipping milk prepared by him. Of course, this surprised her and automatically made her put down the glass only to greet her brother-in-law.

 

“Oh hello oppa” She shyly waved at the screen

“Hi Lisa, yaah you must be busy preparing breakfast for him, huh?. Aigoo uri maknae, what have you cooked this morning, huh?” he chuckled

Lisa reflexively waved her hand then said, “Aniya oppa, actually Tae oppa was the one who prepared breakfast for me. He made strawberry toast and banana milk for us” She practically waved the toast on her hand with big grin plastered on her face.

“Seriously?!!”

 

Judging from his shocked face, Jin seemed to not believe that his brother had cooked. He made Lisa laughing before Taehyung turned his phone toward his face.

 

“Yya hyung, do you really doubt my cooking skill, huh? You have to come here and I’ll prepare breakfast for you”

 

Both of Lisa and Jin laughed to see his reaction while Taehyung moved his seat beside his wife so Jin could also see how Lisa happily laughed at him.

 

“Oppa really cooked for me, seriously,” she said, still laughing as she saw the man next to her cutely pouting like a kid. God, how much she wants to pinch his cheek. He’s so freaking adorable.

“Aigooo good to hear that, tae” the oldest chuckled, “… nah have you told your wife about my party tonight?” Jin suddenly changed the topic

“What party?” Lisa frowned not understand

“Not yet, I didn’t come home last night”

“What do you mean? I didn’t see you in dorm either, where did you sleep, huh? With Jim...”

 

There! Jin immediately shut his mouth once he realized the changing face of his brother. He knows where he’s going to stay beside the dorm.

Strike one Taehyung!

 

Taehyung secretly glanced at his wife who was nervously sipping her milk as if she didn’t listen to what they had said.

 

“… today is my birthday, so make sure you’ll come to my party tonight sis ‘cos we won’t celebrate it without our sister in law, ahrasso?”

 

Nice move Jin to immediately changed the topic. Jin knows his question just now will lead to a problem that might make them both fight. He only hoped that his brother wouldn’t do anything stupid which potentially make them fight.

 

“Yes oppa”

“Good, see you guys tonight, bye!” then without waiting for a reply, Jin had already ended the video call.

 

Taehyung sighed as he put his phone on top of the table. He glanced at Lisa who was faking a smile with eyes glued to the glass she held.

 

“I went to Red Velvet’s dorm last night”

 

I know, that’s why you looked happy – She said silently, still avoiding his eyes.

 

“Lisa-ya, I know maybe you won't care, but I just want to make sure that what happened last night is not like you imagined. I mean, we just talked and watched movie. Yeri and Sseul were even there”

“Gwenchana oppa, I understand” She abruptly cut him off, faking a smile

“No, you’re mad at me” He nervously said as he bit his lower lip.

“Why should I? did we agree to respect each other's privacy, huh? I understand about your relationship with her, oppa. So, there’s no reason for me to be angry or something”

“I know, but still… I feel bad for leaving you, I’m sorry”

 

Oh those pair of eyes that look very sincere and convincing. God, how she didn’t melt to see it. She even felt sorry for what she felt last night. She wasn’t supposed to get angry nor think negatively to him.

This is surely a difficult situation for him. If only she was in his position, maybe she would also choose to meet the one she loved. Taehyung had sacrificed his feelings to let go of the girl he loved only to marry a stranger. Therefore he shouldn’t feel guilty like this.

 

Lisa changed her position to directly facing him and looked into his eyes, smiling. “Oppa gwenchana. I don’t mind about it. You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter